Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Microtech LT-8 on CA18DET T_Gap and T_Inj settings? - Hardtuned.net

Microtech LT-8 on CA18DET T_Gap and T_Inj settings? 

Microtech CA18DET
8 replies to this topic

#1 cadet1200

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

I have recently swapped from an MT8 Microtech to an LT8 model and am having problems getting it to run properly. I copied all the data (load/ignition maps etc.) from my MT8 and entered them into the LT8.

However, the LT8 has a number of additional screens. The ones I am trying to find out about are the

T_gap and T_inj screens.

Can anyone with a similar model on a CA18DET tell me what settings they have.

According to the User Manual the T_gap is for Mazda rotary's only. But I have settings in there and want to
confirm if I should blank them out (set to 0)? Same with the T_inj screens.

Any help gladly accepted.

#2 Dose Pipe Sutututu

• Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

how come you put another microtech in? they're worse than the stock ECU on Nistune which can control full flex, boost by fuel compensation and supports full launch.

Not to mention costs under 350$

#3 cadet1200

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

The MT-8 had a fault and Microtech don't repair them anymore. I didn't want to rewire the car so easiest option was to buy another Microtech. If I did it again I would probably go Haltech.

#4 Dose Pipe Sutututu

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

Microtech are hilarious, need to change trigger settings? send ECU back to them.

I'm no help here lol.. if you need tuning help with Haltech, Adaptronic, Vipec, Link, Nistune (I'm a dealer for Nistune) I can help there.

#5 cadet1200

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Yes probably a bad choice from the start. There after sales service leaves a lot to be desired. The standard response they give to any
issue I've had with their older ECU's is "why don't you buy one of our newer models".

Anyway I'm in to deep now and know that I can get it running ok once I correct some setting....surely there must be someone else on
this forum still running one on a CA or even an SR that could quickly check there settings??

#6 hotlap

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

cadet1200 - yes the Microtech & CA18 pairing are still around. I will check the settings and try to get back to you this weekend. The LT10s has served me well over the past decade or so.

cadet1200 - yes the Microtech & CA18 pairing are still around. I will check the settings and try to get back to you this weekend. The LT10s has served me well over the past decade or so.

#7 cadet1200

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Hotlap. Keen to see what yours are set to!

I have to say that after waiting a few days for a response and also writing to Microtech Support with no response I did set all
the T_gap settings to zero and it ran a little better. But I have left the T_inj settings as I found them which are at 180deg from 500-4500rpm then 210deg from 5000-9000rpm.

#8 cadet1200

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

Anybody? Was hoping to have an answer this weekend so I could give it a try.

#9 Dose Pipe Sutututu

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

feel free to ignore, but how about go back to the stock ECU and run a Nistune?

Your car will run better than the Microtech, will have launch control, will have full flex support when paired with an ethanol sensor

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!