Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
180SX Blown Diff - GTR Upgrade Questions - Hardtuned.net

180SX Blown Diff - GTR Upgrade Questions 

4 replies to this topic

#1 1.5J 180

• Car:180SX

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Hey,

So yeah the diff let go in the 180SX last track day. Thought it was an axle which got me looking into upgrades, and led to a GTR conversion for a reliable rear end.

Have done some research about bolting the GTR components into the existing subframe etc. as a 'bolt in' job but can't find some clear answers I'd like answered or some help.

http://www.nissansil...howtopic=242401

http://www.nissansil...showtopic=68345

http://www.hardtuned...pic=395235&st=0

I understand I will need the GTR diff and centre, driveshafts and hubs as the components, using the existing diff rear cover to bolt into the subframe, plus input flange to the tailshaft. Correct? The 180SX is already five stud with skyline rear brakes.

Questions about how 'bolt in' this all is?

1. Are the GTR axles the same length as the 180SX 5 bolt axles, will everything bolt up okay with suspension components etc?

2. Tailshaft length using the existing tail shaft (aftermarket and cut for the R154) and 180SX input flange. Will the 180SX input flange bolt into the GTR diff and will the driveshaft length need modified?

3. Are the 32 and 33 GTR diffs the same in term of dimensions and compatibility etc? Or which one do I need

Anything else I'm missing there.. Any experience or input would be great.

Cheers

#2 (Locky)

• Car:kouki s14

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:05 AM

swap rear housing for 4 bolt R200 rear
change the imput flange on diff for silvia 4 bolt one ( rattle gun and all done)
swap hubs for GT-R ones
half shafts arent exact length but as long as not running drop knuckle should e be and isues

#3 1.5J 180

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

Thanks mate, appreciate the info.

Should be standard knuckle so no dramas there.

Believe the 32/33 GTR diffs are the same for bolt in purposes, just not V-SPEC which have a hydraulic pump correct?

Do you know if the tailshaft needs to be shortened i'm guessing?

#4 DAT180

• Car:Datsun 180B

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

I have some R32 GTR rear hubs for sale if you need some. $200 plus postage.

#5 1.5J 180

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

Thanks mate, will try to track down a complete set of everything but will certainly keep that in mind

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!