Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Exhaust repacking - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

Exhaust repacking 

1 reply to this topic

#1 nuts14a

Settling of contents may occur during shipping and handling

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Car:Aus spec S14A

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I have a stainless bodied muffler that I want to keep as it is sort of a custom fit and the body is fine, but all the guts have broken away and so it needs opening up and new perforated tube and packing material installed, then to be welded up again.
Does anyone do this kind of work in Brisbane? Called a few places tp see if they do it and they said nope.

#2 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I reckon most shops are going to try and sell you a new muffler mate, even if it is a custom fit. From a shops point of view, they have to open up a second hand muffler, take out the guts, stick new guts in that may not fit and need manipulation (esp if it's a custom fit), then weld up the second hand muffler and warrant it for a period of time. Too many variables for them to be confident they can turn a profit and not have it come back, when they can just sell you a new one, especially if they're confident they can make the new one fit in the same spot as the old one.

I'd just do a tour of Moss St and surrounding streets in Slacks Creek. If nobody there can do it for you, then I doubt anyone anywhere will be able/willing to.

Edited by pyro, 23 August 2013 - 05:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!