Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
HOW TO POST PICS IN THREADS - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

HOW TO POST PICS IN THREADS 

52 replies to this topic

#1 swilly01

• Car:CA18DET 180sx

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

ok, i myself am getting very sick and tired of people who are mainly selling their cars and dont know how to post up pics. It has been discussed many times, but this time im gonna make it real clear so no one should have to ask again! Hopefully this can become a sticky or something. I know 90% of you know how to post pics up in threads, but to the ones who dont iv made this little tutorial for you.

HOW TO POST PICS IN THREADS!

1) First thing you need to know is you CANNOT link pictures directly from your hard drive. You need to have your picture on a website on the net. Dont panic though, just because you dont have your own website, there are hundreds of places on the net where you can upload pics to so everyone can see, dont worry they are FREE lol.
A good hosting site is PHOTOBUCKET i strongly suggest you use them!!

2) When you are in Photobucket you need to create a new account. Click on the "sign up free button" as illustrated in the picture below.

Posted Image

3) Now that you have made your account, log into it and you can start uploading your pics to the server. Once you are logged in, click on "My album" as seen below

Posted Image

4) Now time to upload the pics to the site. Once you are in your album, click the "browse" button and find the picture on your computer you want to share. Then click the "submit" button and wait for the picture to be uploaded.

Posted Image

5) Once you have uploaded them, all the pictures should appear just below the submit button in your album.

Posted Image

6) Below each picture, there are three lines of text. The URL, TAG and IMG info. All you need to worry about is the URL line. Highlight all the text in this line, and copy it by pressing control + c.

Posted Image

7) Once youv copied it, go to ns.com or wherever you are posting the pic on. Start a new thread and when you want to add the picture in your post click the grey "IMG" button above the text box. Type in the URL of the pic you want to post which you copied from your album in photobucket, and click "OK"

Posted Image

8) Submit the post and your all done!!!

I cant believe i just did that, but it was really annoying me how no one selling their car knows how to post up pics, because this will really help boost your sale.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it and it comes in handy, and if you cant post a pic up after this then you really need help because i made it so even retards can understand how to do it with the obvious pics etc. lol.
Maybe this could be a stickey?? Sorry for the large pics but i have to make it clear.
Anyway, ENJOY!!

View PostFire_Child22, on 28 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Ok, lets go step by step.

1. Click to reply or create a post

1.1 If new topic is selected, you will automatically have full posting options.

1.2 If replying to a post, click "More Post Options" found in the bottom right side of the window.

Attachment step 1.png

2. Click on "Choose Files" in the bottom left hand side of the screen

Attachment step 2.png

3. A Popup window will open where you can select a vast array of image file formats.
3.1 Choose your desired picture.
Note: If the picture desired is not displayed, that file format is not supported. Open the picture in any picture editor and "save as" a new file format.

Attachment step 3.png

4. Once selected, the chosen picture will be loaded at the base of the posting window. You need to click on "Add to Post" to have it appear in the reply.

Attachment step 4.png

5. It will appear as "Attachment filename.fileformat in the reply window.

Attachment step 5.png

6. Click on either "Preview Post" to check the layout is as intended, or click "Add Reply" to add the post to the thread.

Attachment step 6.png

My good service for the year is done....

#2 teebs

• Car:'99 TH Magna Altera

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

That was by far the best explanation I've ever seen... good work...

mods sticky this... :D

#3 razar

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:00 PM

yeah thats very detailed. cheers 4 that. much appreciated

#4 SXWPN

• Car:SIL80

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:52 PM

u can actually post a pic from ur hard drive..
u do it when u make a new topic or make a reply.. there is a option at the bottom where u can upload one pic per topic or reply.. but good stuff man..

#5 swilly01

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:51 PM

thanks people, i do my best....

Dusky, i see u roaming the off topic section, why not make this a sticky now??

#6 dr1ft_pig13

UnOffical DrinkDrive ur a farkn' fool PromoBoy

• Platinum Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Car:'91 Nissan Silvia S13 Q's **TOTALLED**

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:34 AM

cheers for that swilly ur a good man!! :D

.. on 'notha note sxwpn i dn't think ur able to post from ur comp (many ppl say u can't) because once ur offline their is no link for users to view from ... so whilst ur online it looks as though u can view, but offline is another matter ... please correct me if I'm wrong and the pix is actually uploaded 2the ns.com website

#7 teebs

• Car:'99 TH Magna Altera

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:34 AM

No, he's not saying to link straight to your hard drive, but in the for sale section there is now a button that says "browse" doing this will allow you to upload a picture from your computer onto the ns.com server and it links automatically. :) This function is not available in off topic, but is available every where else :)

#8 swilly01

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:41 PM

BUMP!

just need all the noobs to see this sorry to bring it back, but a few people have been asking how to post pics up. Can we please make this a sticky or something?? im sick of people asking the same question over and over.
thanks

#9 Sprung Munkey

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:44 PM

Agreed. Theres peopl asking in the general section too. Makes it easier if everyone knows the basics of the internet

#10 r31silo

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

thnx, this helped alot and saved me using the search button :D

#11 sr180

• Car:Nissan 1996 180sx.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:36 PM

If it is car related, you can post it in the gallery and then link to it from there.

#12 auto_180sx

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:53 AM

u did a great job mate !!!!! thx for it :P

#13 swilly01

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:38 PM

yet again, i see MANY people especially noobs asking how to post pics, and im getting sick of it! lol

anyway, s13_han's response to her not making this a sticky is that apparently there is already one of these threads explainging how to post pics in the FAQ section or something. The thing is, i never knew that even existed, and im sure many noobs dont bother looking there. Also, i think mine is alot easier to understand and comes with puctures which anyone can get the jist of.

PLEASE STICKY THIS!
thanks

#14 XCelR8

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:54 AM

I made one of these ages ago, it eventually got unstickied and got lost, but how can you make a sticky thats not viewable to 56k...................?

#15 swilly01

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:07 AM

hmm u got a good point there lol. Well i think they can view it itll just take a while, but its worth it for them. When did you make yours xcelR8?

#16 XCelR8

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:46 AM

I made mine about 2 months aogo, it described poitn by point even how to signup with a webpage. Then step by step how to put a picture on the internet and lick it back to here.

#17 51CAZ

• Car:180sx - FD3S S8

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

excuse me, I noticed this is still not sticked.....it must be.... damn handy sheeaat.

#18 REDFC

• Car:FC3S

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

Why bother using photobucket ?

www.imageshack.com

VERY VERY FAST AND EASY!

#19 REDLiNE^

• Car:a pretty cheap VL...

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:13 AM

pure fkn genious i tell u! gw

i wonder if ppl will actually read the 'tutorial' :P

#20 XCelR8

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:42 PM

THe thing is, hardly anyone actually reads the stickies unless they actually look at them and half of the people here dont they just look at the newest topics.

#21 spawn

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:47 PM

ah, so after much campaining this thing has finally been made a sticky. Yaaaaaaay.

#22 swilly01

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:46 PM

hahah yayayayay finally sticky. Anyway, just wondering who made it a stickey? THANKYOU, know hopefully, there willl be alot less people asking how to.

#23 180sxc1

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:44 PM

hehehe..wow...thats great!!

#24 smashworth

• Car:180 sx

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:27 PM

nice work muffarker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 [SR20DET]

• Car:s15

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

well detailed.. thanks for that :)

#26 1600dude

• Car:1600 SR20DE 250fwhp

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:55 AM

Looking at the threads this was a great success.

Ditto to all of the above.

#27 Trentaa_S13

• Car:Ford Telstar

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:14 AM

Thanx for this mate, this has been very helpfulll!!,

Cheers, Trentaaa B)

#28 ATTN

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

hey thats really cool of you to take so much time and effort to do that for the noObs whao keep it up

#29 rota_head

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:32 AM

thanks buddy now i can post away, and make 56k user's cry :D heheheh

#30 fastback

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

thanks a butt load

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Yahoo
Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!