BSC products and side effects 

11 replies to this topic

#1 Your Strange

• Car:Evo 6.5

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

hi guys / girls

I have been slowing lossing weight over the past few years, uptil now about 30kg but struggling for energy and the little bit of tyre left around my waist.

anyway, I have been considering hydroxy burn pro but doctor said no and nutritionist said yes. I have medical conditions which cause exculated iron, protien ferriton level and kidney stones / bleeding but want to know anyone who has a bit of knowledge around this product.

should I follow doctor or nutritionist and by the way from same clinic? :hammer:

Edited by Your Strange, 13 November 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#2 -Truck-

• Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

id be listening to a doctor before a nutritionist, their levels of expertise are worlds apart

#3 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

my understanding was over the counter fat burners were a waste of time, combined with your medical conditions i would not do it

perhaps post up your routine and most importantly diet and we might be able to point out things that you could improve

#4 maiky-s15R

• Car:99 s15 SPEC R

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

Waste of money mate there are other natural alternatives for energy try bread with some dark chocolate and or coffee for a pre workout energy hit

#5 Your Strange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

thanks for the advice, didn't buy the product.

daily diet is
oats / porriage with fruit or yogurt for breakfast 7 to 8 am
normally roll whole grain with 100g white meat or tuna with salad 1ish
dinner is 200g red meat once a week, tuna pasta with wholemeal pasta most other nights will be stirfry or lean white meat with veg.
dessert is normally fruit with yogurt a few times a week.

I can only really eat red meat or mushrooms once a week due to high in iron.

when I snack its normally nuts, seeds or fruit.

due to medications I struggle for appitiete and sometime subitute a meal for glass of sustigen (doctor suggestion).

don't take any multivit or anything at the moment.

I work out 3 days a week
Monday - Wednesday - Friday
8.15 work in the toning room with 3 x 15 reps on upper body (various excises) and around 20min stretching (whole body)
9.15 lower body and cardio in the pool which take around 1 hour, stretch again after this
10.30 spend 15 min in steam room

pretty much a creature of habit but understand that each time I have to modify my routine as all muscles need to be worked.

any suggestions to cure my love handles will help

also I can't eat ginger as it thins my blood too much and causes beeding of my kidneys.

#6 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

I'm sorry but your username causes me mental chafing.

#7 Your Strange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Christian Pickerings fault, take it up with him :teehee:

apparently I'm a little different to most but thats just because I don't care what people think :thumb:

#8 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

really you cant eat ginger - sh!t youll never be able to lose weight..... (joking)

you've got some reading to do mate
you can make a lot of inroads with your diet and training. learning your stuff now will save you a lot of time effort and money in the long run
start with this: http://ptcfrankston...._IssueNo37.html

in basic terms reduce / eliminate processed foods
eat a calorie deficit diet, a PLANNED every once and a while is ok and may even be beneficial
resistance training will help increase your metabolism and helping you burn more energy
the big compounds lifts are the best bang for your bucks
protein is good - i dont know how big you are but shoot for at least 200grams per day - if you cant eat red meat no probs, chicken, tuna etc are fune
simple carbs can be a bit of a physique killer - reduce/avoid
you dont necessarily have to go super low carbs but make sure you dont go overboard and try to get them from quality sources as opposed to highly processed sources
fats - get them from healthy sources olive oil, avacardo, nuts etc its all good - just be careful though as they contain over double the calories per gram than carbs and protein

all that said consistency is the key and think of it more as a lifestyle change not just a short term diet etc
goodluck

rant over/

Edited by stupidlikeafox, 14 November 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#9 Your Strange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

the only reason I say ginger is because everyone tells me how good it is and give me the shits.

I started at 120kg and now am 83kg at 176mm

found this article before on one of the other threads (book marked it now though) and has great information in it and very reensuring that I'm heading in the right direction.

so diet or as you say lifestyle is ok apart from the order in the day I eat certain foods (grow most my own veg and try to eat seasonally) but need to maybe stagger each meal in halfs and eat a bit more often (Try to avoid carbs and processed food).

my body is very fatigued and was given duomine to help with energy which didn't take as when reading, its just speed. energy and muscle recovery is an issue and thats one of the other reasons I was looking at products but maybe changing my eating pattern will be the key?

as for workout, I struggle with weights and all my lower body work is limited to the pool due to a few injuries.

I have worked so hard to get to this point and really want to reenter motorsports next year but need to have the endurence.

thanks again for all your help and will email Marco from PTC and maybe make an appointment to get put in my place :thumb: although guessing he won't be in the dirty south and my have to head east.

its great to get all this information off a car forum and not trolling health forums

#10 CalebS15

• Car:JDM Spec R

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

83kg at 176mm is quite solid :lol:

But seriously, definitely look into resistance training and creating a deficit in your diet, quality foods are the biggest factor for sure.
You dont have to necessarily go heavy on the weights if you have injury, but you can keep up the intensity with a few different techniques.
Might want to ask your doctor about some natural weight loss aids like green tea and forms of carnitine and see what they say.

#11 fiend.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Cut out the bread and pasta, substitute with protein-rich foods?

Multivitamins and spirulina (vitamin B) should help with energy. Fish oil and vitamin C would be good too.

I'm no expert, but I found the above pills each day help.

#12 DeluxeJZS

• Car:95 JZS147 Aristo

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Congrats on the weight loss mate, I know where your coming from, I was 132kg and got down to 98kgs (195cm)....fluctuated back up to 106kg before i started at the gym about 18months ago, now with weights training im at a steady 113kgs and feeling well better for it.

Id also just suggest keep doing what your doing, but maybe incorperate some less reps heavier lifting, need to remember muscle recovery burns fat while your not working out! Also watch what you eat, maybe drop the carb count and get a bit more protein in there, esp if your gonna lift heavier!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!