Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Alpha Omega racing Z32 conversion comparison - Hardtuned.net

Alpha Omega racing Z32 conversion comparison 

1 reply to this topic

#1 Charlie May

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Few years ago when my s15 6 speed gearbox broke I had to make a decision. I know if love to drift and didn't want to waste money on going through gear boxes. I wanted something to withstand my need for my clutch kicking obsession. So I got the Alpha Omega racing z32 box conversion.
Back then the shifter Sat to the left where I had to modify the hole for its to fit. I have been using redline gear oil ever since to keep it running smooth. Over 5 years now with no issues ever since the conversion. She was used to drift and be a daily. Last month she has turned into a garage queen.
When the conversion started she was stock besides a fmic and 3" exhaust. Now she runs with a 3076, bigger injectors with a haltech.

Recently, I bought the new version for my 180sx.
Which I plan to get running by the end of the month.
I will keep updated as I progress.
So far I've gotten the gearbox on and the shifter sits centre.

Some modifications are required to install kit such as:
Drilling and modifying the bell housing. Everything is simple and comes in the instructions.
The 180sx bell housing needs to be machined 20mm to allow for the gearbox to be installed to the conversion as to thens15 is straight bolt on.
Use the same fork, thrust bearing and clutch with the conversion. Can use same gearbox mount, I did. My one was new from my sr. Will require new z32 slave to fit into bell housing. You can buy their already modified tailshaft or you can get one made.

Both my silvias I've replaced the diff too with a 4.3 gear ratio and a two way.
Strong box to last longer and easy to make them slide.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask

Xo Charlie May

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: image.jpeg

Edited by Charlie May, 03 October 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Charlie May

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

An update on my build with the z32 box. I got her running last week with her forged motor and bigger injectors etc etc
The gearbox conversion is running smoothly and nothing could be better. A simple conversion which is quick and easy and sits in the stock position for the 180sx. Extremely happy with the upgrade as well as everything else in my build.

An update on my build with the z32 box. I got her running last week with her forged motor and bigger injectors etc etc
The gearbox conversion is running smoothly and nothing could be better. A simple conversion which is quick and easy and sits in the stock position for the 180sx. Extremely happy with the upgrade as well as everything else in my build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!