Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Roll Centre Adjustment. - Hardtuned.net

Roll Centre Adjustment. 

5 replies to this topic

#1 ru55kj

• Car:S15

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hey all, I've got a leaky tie rod end bushing so I bought myself a new one with bump steer adjustment. Now my question is does it even make sense to adjust bump steer on tie rod end without adjusting ball joint on LCA, or would it actually make things worse?

#2 neil_se

• Car:S14A

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

No that sounds correct, bumpsteer is influenced by the relative angles of the tie rod vs LCA. Roll centre adjustment is a separate issue though.

#3 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

View Postru55kj, on 08 June 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Hey all, I've got a leaky tie rod end bushing so I bought myself a new one with bump steer adjustment. Now my question is does it even make sense to adjust bump steer on tie rod end without adjusting ball joint on LCA, or would it actually make things worse?

Sorry it hurt my eyes when I tried reading it.

#4 boost-it

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

i've recently put in gktech v3 knuckles front and rear and some hardrace rca tie rod ends. the difference is night and day for a lowered car.

i use my car for grip setup and don't need the custom LCA but if you can afford to spend the money on these mods it will probably be one of the best investment. this is for the s13/180sx chasis.

#5 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

Edited the original post to boost that 8-point font lol.

#6 ru55kj

• Car:S15

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, didn't really screw that font intentionally...

Unfortunately Gktech knuckles are for non-abs cars only and I want to keep my abs, but I've booked the car to fit those Gktech tie rod ends - so we'll see how it goes.

I do most of the work on the car myself but in this case biggest part of the job will be alignment so I think I'll let the shop do the whole thing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!