Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
focusing problem - Hardtuned.net

focusing problem 

what to do when more than one
4 replies to this topic

#1 purple5ive

• Car:Toyota MR2

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Guys
Have this problem im facing when taking pics of couples or where there are a few people/things in the pictures
I have the focus set on single point so I can pick my subject and get a sharp focus/picture.
What do I do when there’s a few people.
I can switch to multiple focus points (39) but then I cant pick where the focus is, as the camera automatically picks it and sometimes its not what I want.
Camera is a D7000.
Any help is appreciated as I will need to take some pics of my nephews christening and theres going to be people holding him for pics and I won’t get a good focus on the persons holding him.
Will increasing the F number give me a better shot??
cheers

#2 Agnu

• Car:S15

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Stopping down (larger f/ number) will give you greater depth of field, and therefore it will be easier to shoot large groups of people. Also the subject to camera distance and focal length play a fair roll in perceptive DOF. Say you're shooting on a wide angle lens, relatively close to a group of people, you will have a larger perceptive DOF because even though the physics of DOF doesn't change with focal length, your covering less distance with the same frame size, so 1 metre will look longer, hence if you have 1m's worth of DOF, it'll look as though you have heaps more than if you were shooting on a longer lens.

tl;dr - stop down, shoot wider, problem solved.

#3 ecr-033

• Car:SII R33

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

There is a button on the focus switch (under the lens remove button). hold that and move the apeture dial, this changes focus from auto select to manual. then use the d-pad to move the focus point where you want.

#4 purple5ive

• Car:Toyota MR2

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

/\ im sorry i didnt quiet understand what your saying.
by flicking the af/m button you can switch between auto and manual focus i get that part.
but what i want to know is how to pick two people standing next to each other like a couple in such a way that one doesnt get out of focus
im using the single a/f sensor on the camera instead of the 39 one
if i use a f1.8 or 2 or 2.2 etc i get one of the persons blurry and one nice and sharp, i want to know how to make both the persons sharp and background blurry

cheers

#5 ecr-033

• Car:SII R33

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ok sorry i thought you couldnt figure out how to move the focus point. refer to the first reply hes said what you need. or if you're like me and need pictures to learn :) look up depth of field on google or youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!