Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Turbo removed from my sr20det+ - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

Turbo removed from my sr20det+ 

turbo nissan silvia spec s turbo
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan Mil

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

hey guys im a p plater in nsw australia, i recently bought a nissan sivlia s15 spec s turbo. after paying money for the turbo to be removed i decided i want to make it a na fast build. i dont really know much about cars but i could really use a list of the things i need to buy in order to make my sr20det(de) faster. thanks you

#2 Wizard

• Car:Moneypit

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sell your car and buy an autech S15, and get a 4.3 skyline diff. There's no real cost effective way to get power out of a non-turbo SR if you're paying for labour.

#3 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

POPULAR

I can't decide whether the incompetence or Hektic Gangsta Uleh profile picture impresses me more. Please follow Wizard's advice, or simply drive the car until you can legally reinstall the turbo.

Ignoring the fact that money spent building a 2L NA is money wasted, the main issue is that the DET has a compression ratio of 8.5:1, which is fine for a turbo running high boost, but is horrible for non-turbo application after the 1970s. My Honda has the same CR but 200cc more displacement, and it's slow as hell. If you want to make any form of power, you'll either have to spend $3k+ rebuilding the bottom end with high compression oversized pistons, or you'll have to turf the DET and install a DE (10.7:1 CR) or Autech DE (11.7:1 CR) instead. Neither option is cheap, and the car will still get dumpstered by Type Rs.

#4 Coastie

• Car:S15 spec R

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

What pmod said but without insulting you lol
N/As cost a lot more to get power from than turbos, you'll have to spend a shit load on high compression pistons, head work, cams, engine balancing and light weight parts to make it rev.
Save all your money for when you can drive a turbo or buy a faster N/A car, Bf xr6s are good for 200kw with an exhaust and a tune

#5 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Pay money to have the turbo put back on, sell the car, buy something else.

If you have the skills to pull the engine and swap in a new one, you could do it. even then, your time is still has value, and is still wasted doing something like this when you can just buy something else.

I am amazed that when making a decision that costs as much as a car does, people do such little research BEFORE they spend the money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!