It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

Possible Flood Victim? 

s15 floods japan
1 reply to this topic

#1 SinglePegaz

• Car:S15 Autech

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hey fella's the other day i went and had a look at a freshly imported s15autech, now being a mechanic giving it a full inspection with dad etc i came to looking around the boot and after i lifted the spare wheel mat up i noticed a puddle of water and some dirt, now back to the question could this car be a flood victim? or is it just a water leak (not to concerned if its just a leak)
Car is being sold privately so wasn't 100% sure
Thanks Jb

#2 Iron Chef

• Car:Datsun, Lancer GLi

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

If it's flooded it will be smelling like mould inside the car, not even the best detailer can get rid of that smell. Look for any electrical glitches, as that's a sure sign. If it's a bit of water in the boot, check the rear end for signs that it has been in an accident, and gaps in the rubber boot seal that would let water leak in. Check if the rubber plug has been removed underneath too, as that's the most obvious way water/dirt can get in. Check the seam welds on both sides for signs that it has had a hit in the rear, that would be a more likely explanation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!