Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
good place aircon repairs? s13 - Hardtuned.net

good place aircon repairs? s13 

4 replies to this topic

#1 PsyberWolf

• Car:180sx typex

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hi All,
S13 aircon is making a racket when on, i need this fixed asap because im driving to melbs at the end of jan. Anyone know a good place to get this looked at?. i have in the past about a year ago but was quoted a stupid amount (around 1.6K) as they said they had to get a different compressor and mount..honestly thought a sr20det compressor wouldn't be hard to find. anyway. I live in norwood so close by would be nice. or close to the city so i can bus it from wherever to work.
Thanks

#2 millerman

• Car:180sx

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Hey mate bit of late notice but if you still need it looked at we can help out
"Belair road auto electrical" located near Mitcham

Can't see how it would cost you so much :/ ?

#3 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

View Postmillerman, on 21 February 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

Can't see how it would cost you so much :/ ?

The price of a new AC compressor and bracket, both of which probably need to be ordered in at BS cost, would likely account for $1000 with everyone's markups in the distribution chain. Add to that silly amounts of labour fees to install it (despite it being a 30 minute job if you have a hoist), then all the AC regas/test/seals/drier fees... $1600.

My observation over the years is that a vast number of workshops these days have no interest in rebuilding things if they can sucker the client into buying a new part, as you make far more money overlapping 4 quick jobs with embelished labour fees than charging more labour and only getting one or two jobs finished.

I remember when a friend took a car to be resprayed and the bonnet had a couple of tiny dings on it, minor stuff that even I could dolly out in 20 minutes as a noob, and the panelbeater bitched and moaned over "how damaged the bonnet was" (it was fine). The dude tried really hard to convince my friend to buy a new one for $700+, but after establishing that the panel beater wasn't prepared to lower his original quote if a minty-fresh no-prep-no-effort-needed bonnet was purchased at huge expense, my friend politely told him to stfu and get on with the job. Not surprisingly the paint job the panelbeater did sucked, bad masking and orange peel everywhere, but the joke was on him; friend in question doesn't put up with any bullshit, took it back and got it re-done correctly for free.

#4 millerman

• Car:180sx

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yeah heaps of places want to make double what cost price is and its rediculous!

Didn't even think about buying a new sr20 compressor because I thought they wouldn't even be made anymore? But I guess there might be one from Japan perhaps lol

#5 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

maybe a VE compressor fits? wouldnt be hard to make a bracket to support a different nissan compressor, surely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!