Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Cycling & MTB - Hardtuned.net

Cycling & MTB 

37 replies to this topic

#1 resistance

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Pretty standard... WHO RIDES?

Either for fitness, leisure or both?

Ive just picked myself up a new avanti 29.2 mountain bike, still entry level but it is a great bike with excellent components and is a pleasure to ride.
Have spent a few hours a day on it since i picked it up and i dont beleive how much fitter i feel already.

View Postresistance, on 20 February 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

this + helmet and a few little things.

Getting myself a whole heap of gear at the end of the week... these things are addictive!

Would def be keen to find a few people to ride with.

I live in Brisbane, pretty much 3km from the cbd and ride about 15km every afternoon/night.

#2 hazard121

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Ride a Giant TCR - Miss living in brissy, the riverloop is a great ride to do.

Posted Image

#3 resistance

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

nice! Im very temtped to use last years tax return to get myself a road bike aswell, mind you my legs are getting mighty strong pushing my 29r along on the cycleway. ^_^

#4 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

ride a 20' fitbike.co bmx. skateparks/dirt/normal daily riding.

ride 12k round trip to work most days plus the usual skateparks/dirtjumps.

been tempted to get another dh bike and start racing again

#5 resistance

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

#6 Legal Attorney

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

cycle about 70km a week to and from work, on a emc2 etape pro..

fastest ive gone is 59.4 km/hr downhill with a pack weighing down and me backing off! fun as!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: etapepro.jpg

#7 nick22

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

ride between 70 - 120 km most weeks. 6km per day of that is to work and back.

Living in coober pedy has some surprisingly good xc style rides through mining claims.

do this on a giant xtc 26"

Posted Image

torn at the moment.... in the next 12 months going to move back to adelaide. I am excited because i can re introduce myself to fox creek and eagle park but do i buy a dual sus or road bike...

after doing my first proper hills ride about 2 months ago (to woodside and back to town) for the first time in my life i can see the attraction to road bikes...

#8 richiez1983

• Car:JDM Spec R

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

ride manly dam every couple of weeks.

#9 Hawker180

• Car:180sx + Landcruiser

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have a Giant STP which is a few years old, I like it as the frame is short and feels like a BMX (used to ride bmx back in the day).

Stupid thing is I use it for cross country/mountain biking and ride clips. :hammer: Probably should buy something more suited

Edited by Hawker180, 05 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#10 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I ride downhill every now and then just as a bit of a release, been teaching my unco mate the last few runs, so sadly ive had to stop every 10 sec -_______- so dying for a proper run...

I ride a 2003 Specialized Big Hit, have just had the rear frame, derailer, hanger and cables replaced as well as a new Ethirteen Chain Retension system installed with Trimative chain ring.
Posted Image

Should also have the question: Whats the worst stack you've had?

Edited by SpotMan, 05 March 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#11 nick22

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

anyone use gps or other training tools?

i use garmin edge 800... great piece of kit. a bit on the pricy side tho... anyone use garmin connect? care to share some rides/routes?

edit: and im soo addicted to wiggle.co.uk

Edited by nick22, 05 March 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#12 SpotMan

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I also have a Giant Yukon fx with a snapped hanger... getting pretty keen to fix that up and give XC a go.. :thumb:

#13 nick22

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

good frame on the yukon!

as far as worst stacks go mine is pretty lame. It occurred on walking path (unsealed) along the coast in port lincoln. just came down a short but steep enough down hill section (walking path went to stairs, i got creative and tried to find my own path), ended up catching my left forearm on a star dropper mid turn and ended up with 7 stitches...

like i said nothing major but thats my biggest off....

had soo many close calls riding new tracks blind.... love it!

#14 SpotMan

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

worst stack ive had was only the mitchem trails, just came out of the short double black onto the green, saw a jump, went for it and just kept going.. landed on the edge of a corner tryed to control it but hit a tree went over the handle bars and landed on my back on some rocks, i damaged nerve endings and ripped the skin off my flesh. this was over two years ago and i still have no touch feeling in my lower back.. since then i have invested in some good body armour..
worst part was i had a 45min train journey to get home... i had a preg ladie have a go at me for sitting in the prority seating on the train.. lol

#15 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

ive had a lot of crashes. like. tonnes of bad ones.

probably the worst i had on my old dh bike was racing at the bluff near mt.gambier.

there was a little road gap, (the gap was small but the drop was fairly big) only thing was theres a berm that swept right straight after it... with a decent drop the other side of the berm.

by the end of the initial heats most of us were just dropping the gap into the berm.. and well. put two and two together. last thing i remember was hitting the gap and waking up in hospital messed up.

did a collarbone and a lot of bad abrasions and sprained wrist. not my worst crash body damage wise.. but eh.

also on that note.. anyone selling a decent dh rig? pm me haha

#16 SpotMan

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

i need to get out and some more of these trails... Mitchems get old and to easy... Altho its the easiest one to get to...

#17 OUTKAST

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Its also fantastic for the train runs back up to the top.

#18 SpotMan

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

yeah thats what i do, either that or a convince mum to drive my ute up and back to taxi us :P so much quicker that way lol

#19 OUTKAST

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

We worked out that if you do Sleeps 2, stop before the pump section, walk up the green trail, you can get a Windy's run in 5-10mins before the train arrives, instead of waiting 30mins for the train doing the one run.

That or you can try and beat the train on a weekday.

#20 SpotMan

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

yeah i do when i can be stuffed walking up, i was ridding with a group of lads and they showed me it.. maybe you were there lol?
I usually do sleeps 3 tho, its a bit of a longer trail, less waiting.

#21 DNTBNVS15

• Car:2002 ADM S15 Silvia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Well I've just picking myself up a Malvern star a2 road bike and I fricking love it. Shimano gears, brakes, pedals, crank and Riding to and from Adelaide CBD daily via linear park!

Posted Image

Edited by DNTBNVS15, 11 March 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#22 OUTKAST

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

I ride a black Sunday, Fox 40's, green Ironhorse stickers with Hope 6ti's.

Posted Image

Edited by OUTKAST, 12 March 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#23 Rifleman

• Car:Sileighty & Cressida

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Use to downhill on a Kona Roast in my teens. Busted it up and could afford to fix it being a poor teen so sold it for stupid cheap. Got the craving to ride again a year ago so bought an 09 Scott Voltage LTD and chucked an E-Thirteen Chain Guide. Haven't done any major DH, prob lost the balls to do that stuff again but happy just trail riding these days.

#24 GOT-180

• Car:SR 180 & CA 180

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

HA!! Just found this

Of course i ride, im a bike mechanic

heres my noble steed, 2010 Scott Gambler.

The bike is gangster, the dude riding it is pretty average, but getting there :)

Posted Image

Hit up the Mitcham tracks most sundays

Also very keen to broaden my horizons and hit up a few different tracks....

#25 OUTKAST

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Nice looking bike buddy!

A mate of mine just had his brand new Scott Gambler stolen from his house in the Henly area. Its the green/blue colour. If you see it shout out! he has only had it for a coupld of weeks!

#26 castle

• Car:S12 Full White RS-X

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Some nice bikes in this thread!

I used to ride an '07 Kona Stinky with a few mods. Rode with Wil (OUTKAST) a lot, until my bike was stolen last year. Was devastated.

So I did something different. I custom built a 2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker, built it up from a bare frame, and have just finished a 6,000km ride from London to the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt. A good introduction to bicycle touring.

That's me on the left...

Posted Image

Am looking at getting another mountain bike now, have been looking to see what's out there. Looking to get something a little lighter, more cross country style. Getting a bit old for the crazy downhill stuff I used to do haha.

Edited by castle, 05 June 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#27 GOT-180

• Car:SR 180 & CA 180

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yeah Castle mad props, top form man that would have been an amazing ride.

Had an old work mate who rode form here in Adelaide up the East coast to Cairns, and i thought he was crazy :)
He had the full Surly setup aswell like yours.

I'll keep an eye out Outkast, ill let you know if i see anything....

#28 A31Cefiro

Because I'm suave its ok for me to act like a prick

• Classifieds Items
  • 7,863 posts
  • Car:A31 Cefiro

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Used to ride a Kona Stuff ages ago, sold that & went without a bike for a few years. Bought a Kona Caldera for more XC riding in Canberra, next things to get are some clip ins & shoes. I always likedflat pedals so Crank Bros Mallet IIs and some FiveTen Maltese Falcon shoes should be the next purchase.

#29 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

After doing 50kms a week ago on a borrowed Avanti Explorer from a few years ago, I finally decided it was time to upgrade my 16 year old Malvern Star mountain bike for something new. Didn't have a massive budget to work with, but I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
Since I was going to be doing road, gravel trails, and a little bit of offroad I got a 2012 GT Transeo 3.0.

http://www.gtbicycle...012-transeo-3-0

Posted Image

Will be doing around 50km a week on it for starters, and planning on doing the 100km Around the Bay route in October.
Also would like to do a couple of cycling weekends when I get used to riding again.

#30 SpotMan

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Got-180 ive seen your bike on train most times ive been up there! will have to say g'day next time!

considering selling my bike, just never get a chance to ride it.. plus my forks had a slight leak but now they drip oil after a 5 runs of windy black...
what oil do you use? might just top they up... heard you use trans fluid?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!