Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Dave Grohl bringing Sound city to Sydney! - Hardtuned.net

Dave Grohl bringing Sound city to Sydney! 

music dave grohl ledgand of all time foo fighters sound city rick springfield
4 replies to this topic

#1 rezzy_S13

• Car:SIlvia s13

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

I cant express how pumped i am to see this :)

Dave covering some of Rick Springfield’s songs wow, all those that appreciate Grohl's contribution to music will see this and hopefully not beat me to a ticket to attend.

Posted Image

Sound City Players is the band Dave Grohl is currently playing with at the moment (Getty Images)

Dave Grohl is bringing his Sound City Players to perform in Sydney.
“We’re learning all of [Rick Springfield’s] songs because we’re doing gigs where we’re going out with all the people from the Sound City movie and doing shows,” Dave Grohl told Nerdist.
“We’re doing an LA show, we’re doing a New York show, we’re doing a London show, we’re doing a Berlin show, we’re doing a Sydney show, we want to do South By Southwest with all these musicians.”
Earlier On Music

In some breaking "tour plans" news, Dave Grohl has revealed he wants to take his Sound City Players supergroup out on the road.
“We plan to do shows all over the world," Dave Grohl told Billboard magazine.
Given Dave's love affair with Australia - he always supports this country on any release - it's not too far-fetched to think Australia would be in their schedule. Let's hope so because Dave has big plans for the show including an interactive element.
"When I came up with the idea of taking all these performers to the live stage a few months ago, my idea [was] to have video presentations between each performance. We’ll have that at the next shows.”
Dave Grohl debuted his supergroup at the Sound City premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah on January 18.
The group backed by the Foo Fighters include Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic, Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen, Slipknot's Corey Taylor, Brad Wilk (RATM), Alain Johannes (QOTSA), Rick Springfield, John Fogerty, Stevie Nicks, Chris Goss and punk legend Lee Ving.
Meanwhile the DVD and soundtrack to Dave Grohl's directorial debut, Sound City is out March 8. The album is available for pre-order on iTunes.
Dave had the idea of doing a film about the famous recording studio after buying a custom-built Neve 8028 recording console from Sound City Studios last year.
"The board, built in 1972, is considered by many to be the crown jewel of analog recording equipment, having recorded such artists as Neil Young, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Guns and Roses, Metallica, NIN, RATM and countless other musical legends over the past 40 years," says the official press release.

Sound City Tracklisting

1. Heaven And All – Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes
2. Time Slowing Down – Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk
3. You Can’t Fix This – Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee
4. The Man That Never Was – Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear
5. Your Wife Is Calling – Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear
6. From Can To Can’t – Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder
7. Centipede – Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, , Alain Johannes
8. A Trick With No Sleeve – Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme
9. Cut Me Some Slack – Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear
10. Once Upon A Time… The End – Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner
11. Mantra - Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor

Im a massive Foo Fan/Grohl Fan and just want to check im not the only person here pumped for this!!

What are your thoughts on this event?

Edited by rezzy_S13, 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#2 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Still think Probot is his best effort besides foo fighters

#3 jayj

• Car:S14

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Love me some Grohl!

#4 Rolled Cambers

• Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

This can get moved to the music section.
We do have an active one.

#5 ONE_VIA_S13

• Car:350Z

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Can you move to the Jokes section?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!