Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Supportive shoes that don't look like runners? - Hardtuned.net
←  Fitness Diet Bodybuilding

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

Supportive shoes that don't look like...

Spazo's Photo Spazo 19 Nov 2012

My hip has been f**king up a bit lately, I asked my Dr what it could be and she pointed to my flat, thin soled shoes... I live in the city so I'm walkin around on pavement alot. I have a fairly big arch so I roll in a bit if I don't watch it.

I don't want any hardcore looking runners or joggers, just something simple looking that I can wear anywhere... Anyone know where I might look? Not keen on in soles btw.

steveP's Photo steveP 19 Nov 2012

I had this same issue and I found the perfect pair of shoes at Colorado. I had a look on their website but I can't seem to the find the ones I got. They look like office shoes being all black and leather, but the sole is of a running/walking shoe and are probably the most comfy shoes I've ever owned.

Spazo's Photo Spazo 19 Nov 2012

Cheers bru. Was probably goin back to the white leather sneakery look but I think they got a store near me, will take a look.

TheApothecary's Photo TheApothecary 19 Nov 2012

I have a big foot and i've bought New Balance my whole life from The Athelete's foot for an exuberant price. They're shit quality, feet/shins/back still hurts and they fall apart within 3-6 months.

I've had great success with shoes/boots from Safety shops (they are pricey $100-150) but usually made in Australia and top notch.

Slatters are f**king shit quality since they sold out to China but charge the same price.

The only real success I've had is with Spalding from Target (surprisingly...) - $50 pair of "outdoor" - kind of sneakers/runners. Cheapest shoes i've ever bought (Used to also have $300 birkenstocks - they weren't great either) and they're just amazing, feels like you're not wearing anything, great support, no feet swelling or whatever the hell it is I usually get.

- Before anyone asks I've had Orthotics made and they were useless.

negativecamber's Photo negativecamber 19 Nov 2012

I have very bad knees and needed to get some shoes for our Japan trip since we'd be walking a lot everyday and my flat soled skate type shoes do nothing for me. I am a size 14 so I cant just go for any shoe I want. After a lot of searching I found pair of Merrell Curcuit Speed shoes. Merrell have a huge following and I was not happy with the price of $190 'on special' but bought them anyway due to lack of choice and time was running out. I wore them everyday in Japan and walked 6-8 hours a day straight for 9 days and didnt get any pain what so ever. they not only have a great outer sole design but also have ortho lite innersoles which must help somewhat. I now promote Merrell where ever I can.

normality's Photo normality 19 Nov 2012

If you want supportive skate shoes, try the TNT5 range of Vans. I have found them to be really comfortable, and have worn really well.

spongeboy's Photo spongeboy 20 Nov 2012

What about just getting some supportive orthotics for your arches? They seem like the root of all woes, Then you can wear whatever you'd like.

Spazo's Photo Spazo 20 Nov 2012

Okay we'll apart from not knowing that you could get generic ones (just discovered that), I assumed they would be annoying. You would be putting them into your different shoes and then squeezing your feet past them every day. Just seems like the right shoes would be less hassle?

spongeboy's Photo spongeboy 20 Nov 2012

Depends on if you can be bothered hunting down a pair of supportive shoes you actually like, that could cost a shitload, or just buying two pairs of insoles or custom orthotics and wearing whatever you normally wear.

I'm sure athlete's foot has some decent supportive shoes that provide the support you need, but orthotics are always an interim or permanent option if you can't find anything you like.

Edited by spongeboy, 20 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

negativecamber's Photo negativecamber 20 Nov 2012

Buy the pair of merrells I did. If you're not happy, I'll give you $50

If you Google image them, mine are pale gray and blue

bloodzkull's Photo bloodzkull 21 Nov 2012

View Postnegativecamber, on 19 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

I have very bad knees and needed to get some shoes for our Japan trip since we'd be walking a lot everyday and my flat soled skate type shoes do nothing for me. I am a size 14 so I cant just go for any shoe I want. After a lot of searching I found pair of Merrell Curcuit Speed shoes. Merrell have a huge following and I was not happy with the price of $190 'on special' but bought them anyway due to lack of choice and time was running out. I wore them everyday in Japan and walked 6-8 hours a day straight for 9 days and didnt get any pain what so ever. they not only have a great outer sole design but also have ortho lite innersoles which must help somewhat. I now promote Merrell where ever I can.

i've got some merrel hiking boots. highly recommend them!

Fire_Child22's Photo Fire_Child22 25 Nov 2012

I'd suggest you go see an podiatrist for them to recommend you a proper set of orthotics for what you need.

Some shoe makers have these build in depending on how bad your needs are. Apparently the best rating orthotics are Nike ones that apparently can only be got from the US as australia does not stock them. The bad news however is they look like sport shoes.

orthotic inserts would give you the best shoe range as you can insert them, but still check with a podiatrist to get the right ones.

aussieBaller's Photo aussieBaller 04 Dec 2012

View PoststeveP, on 19 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

I had this same issue and I found the perfect pair of shoes at Colorado. I had a look on their website but I can't seem to the find the ones I got. They look like office shoes being all black and leather, but the sole is of a running/walking shoe and are probably the most comfy shoes I've ever owned.
My last 3 pairs of work shoes have been these. I was so disappointed when Colorado went bust.

Spazo's Photo Spazo 30 Dec 2012

Well I got some insoles and I'm not getting much/any pain after a big day of walking which is a big improvement, they don't fit in certain shoes though so I can only use them with old sneakers.

My uncle bought my dad a pair of MBT shoes 'cos his knees are also a bit shot and I just tried them on, they're round soled, cushy and just plain crazy to walk in, I think I'm gonna save up and buy some. Have seen the Merrels around too but these are something else, like walking on a cloud.

http://au.mbt.com/default.aspx
Edited by Spazo, 30 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

negativecamber's Photo negativecamber 30 Dec 2012

those mbt's look a bit weird. they look alright for walking because the impact of each step is reduced since it rolls forward, but look uncomfortable for standing still. if they are in my size i'll check them out as anything is worth a shot with my bad knees. my merrells are still amazing though and im almost dependent on them.

Spazo's Photo Spazo 05 Jan 2013

I bought some... They are kinda cool for me cos I have alot of nervous energy (can never sit still) so I liked standing there just rocking back and forth. I have to take them back though, I think the left shoe might be a dud, seemed to let my left ankle rollin and it actually hurts, right shoe is symmetrical. I really got excited about the idea of them but I think i'm gonna get some merrel strikers in grey, tried them, liked them but mostly going by what you've told me.

negativecamber's Photo negativecamber 05 Jan 2013

just make sure they have the innersole marked 'ortholite'