- - - - -

Your experiences in SINGAPORE! 

School us
15 replies to this topic

#1 EnFlaMEd

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

As part of my trip in September this year I will be spending around 6 days in Singapore for the Formula One. Apart from the airport I have never been to Singapore before and really have little knowledge of what to go see as a tourist.

What places have you been to and recommend?

What is the law/culture like over there as far as getting loose is concerned?

Are there any definite DOs and DONTs the tourist guides might have missed?

#2 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Clarke Quay is nice; bar called the Clinic where drinks are served in IV bags and the waitresses are dressed like slutty Asian nurses.

Orchid Towers for loose mess

#3 Donshe

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

That hospital themed bar isnt bad.

We had a ball at Club Zirca though. Drinks prices are just like here

As above, Orchard Towers (also known as 4 floors of whores) is a great place to get smashed. Don't think you're a god at picking up though, all the girls are hookers and will try to con you into buying them drinks. Majority are Filo with some Russians too.

Cheap drinks though

#4 Vodkashot

• Car:180SX

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Don't drink the water.

If the head is that good, Check the adams apple.

#5 EnFlaMEd

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

This hospital themed bar sounds right up my ally!

So they have shit tap water as well? I thought it would be decent there. Looks like I'll be drinking bottled water the entire trip. By bottled water I mean beer.

#6 AnDyStYLe

• Car:RPS13

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Since when does Singapore have bad tap water? Yes maybe they recycle their water into drinking water, but most of their bottled is the same. There's a term for it but can't remember what it is... They 'recycle' their water!

Orchard Road is a must (shop yourself till you're broke). But yeah, if you're there for the F1, then that's pretty much be all end all in Singapore. I wish I could do the same! Fkn soooo $$$!!!

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: Also bring a few grams of H with you! They love it and you'll be baws :whistle:

#7 Donshe

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Of all South East Asian countries, Singapore is where I have been least concerned about weater. That said just stick to bottled anyway

#8 Nic_S15

• Car:1996 S14 S1

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

When I was there in July my mates and I did this. http://www.ultimatedrive.com/

You can choose to drive the Ferrari or Lambo, you have a guide in the passenger seat who tells you where the fixed speed cameras are. But it goes on part of the F1 track so not sure if hey take you on a different route while the track is set up.

#9 asleep

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I spent 3 nights there in 07 so i really cant advise.

But, there were lambos and ferrarris everywhere.
The food was sh*t, all fruit came pre dunked in chlorine or something.
It was the cleanest city i ever went to.
It was about 80% humidity.
There were sliding doors preventing you from entering the train platforms until the train arrives so you cant jump in front of a train if you feel like it.
Chinatown was good.
When my gf was trying on clothes i was not aloud to wait outside her change rooms.

Overall the 3 nights we were there we really enjoyed experiencing what little of the culture we could.

#10 EnFlaMEd

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostNic_S15, on 09 January 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

When I was there in July my mates and I did this. http://www.ultimatedrive.com/

You can choose to drive the Ferrari or Lambo, you have a guide in the passenger seat who tells you where the fixed speed cameras are. But it goes on part of the F1 track so not sure if hey take you on a different route while the track is set up.

That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sending link to my travel buddies now.

View Postasleep, on 13 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

There were sliding doors preventing you from entering the train platforms until the train arrives so you cant jump in front of a train if you feel like it.
Chinatown was good.
When my gf was trying on clothes i was not aloud to wait outside her change rooms.

Overall the 3 nights we were there we really enjoyed experiencing what little of the culture we could.

Ill put china town on the to do list. The change room thing is pretty bizarre!

#11 Bludbud

Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay.

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Car:180sx

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostVodkashot, on 06 January 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Don't drink the water.

The water is fine. I lived there for 4 years, it's as good as it is here.

View Postasleep, on 13 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Chinatown was good.

I hope you're joking. Singapore has the best food ever.

#12 AnDyStYLe

• Car:RPS13

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

^ +1

#13 sid280

• Car:Patrol Car

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostBludbud, on 15 January 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostVodkashot, on 06 January 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Don't drink the water.

The water is fine. I lived there for 4 years, it's as good as it is here.

I hope you're joking. Singapore has the best food ever.

+2

I've got mates who live there for work, the water is safe, Singapore filter water for Malaysia and sell it back to them, the food is awesome too.

Don't go to 4 floors unless you're willing to spend up big, I spent about $150SGD on beer in 2 hours and the hooker wanted $400SGD for the night.

Make sure you get lots of photos in front of signs that say "Do not take photos"

#14 rednut_18

• Car:200sx s14

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

if you want a cheap drink hit the coffee shops around little india you can get a tally of hieniken for $3 sing and the tap waters fine, also theres a little irish bar on the street at the base of the 4 floors if you hit up 7/11 first for beer then slip one of the bar tenders a 50 they will keep your beer in there fridge all night its alot cheaper than paying $18 a beer

#15 EnFlaMEd

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well Singapore was pretty awesome although adjusting to the Climate took a while lol. We stayed at the Park Hotel Clarke Quay which was totally pimp. Must have looked like the biggest bogans wearing thongs, t-shirts and shorts everyday when most of the other customers there were in fancy suits etc. The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk from the F1 Track and our seats and about 5 minutes from the busier parts of Clarke Quay. I was amazed at how clean and perfect everything seems in Singapore and also how cheap taxis are! All the food we ate was good and really the only expensive thing over there is alcohol which isnt much different to here really.

The F1 took up most of our time however we checked out a few places. Obviously Clarke Quay a lot, meals and drinking there most days lol. Caught up with a mate from school who is now a pilot for Singapore airlines and it was interesting get the low down on the place from his perspective. We went to Universal Studios which was frigging awesome especially seeing as it was a really quiet day there and we never had to line up for anything. Also did the massive Angry Birds Cable car ride thing. We went to Marina Bay Sans and went up to the top for a look around, hit up Orchard road for shopping and also the Electronics specific malls.

I think the loosest night we had was at the Eskimo Bar. We ended up meeting heaps of people there and somehow ended up drinking out the front for a few hours after the place had closed because the staff just let us keep our buckets on Heineken and we about 3 (15 beers) when the place closed.

F1 was awesome. Food and beer was actually reasonably priced and I saw hardly anyone really drunk there except a few Poms. The place was packed all three days though and after the race on Sunday was ridiculous. There were people there who went just to see Katy Perry and lined up for hours to get special fan armbands that guaranteed them a spot in the arena who didn't end up getting in. In the 5-10min it took to walk from our seats to the main area, the main arena was already totally full of people and closed off. Im glad we had grandstand seating there, I think going general admission to that race would be a bad idea, every vantage point was packed and it was so f**king hot in those spots. At least in the stands we had a bit of a breeze and could just relax.

#16 Wannabe S14/15 owner

• Car:'09 SV6 ute

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Don't - Smuggle heroin...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!