Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
NIKON d3100 + 18-55mm + 55-300mm lens - Hardtuned.net

NIKON d3100 + 18-55mm + 55-300mm lens 

12 replies to this topic

#1 bk558462

• Car:s13 rb20

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hey all..

Been looking into buying a digital SLR for the last few months. Finally decided to do something about it and actually get into looking around !!

So after going to pretty much every camera shop around, and listening to all the salesmens different opinions on what camera to buy, i chose the nikon d3100!

MAINLY due to the fact that everyone had something positive to say about it in comparison with other DSLR's in the same price bracket, but also largely because i played with a d3100, a canon 550d and a few sony and panasonic's, and the nikon felt the most robust, comfy to hold, awesome to use, and when focusing close up on the macro setting the nikon was the clearest !!

But anyway, every shop tried sell me a nikon for a different price, none were what i wanted to pay. Harvey norman were dogs, as they wouldnt sell me the camera and two lenses for any less than $1090.... right ! Because they said thats as low as they can go otherwise they loose money. BUT in their catalogue they were advertising the same deal same camera and lenses for $938 lol (though it only came with a 55-200mm lense, not a 300). so that just shows that whenever they say they cant go lower..... dont believe them.

But in the end i thought, f**k them, all they want to do is rip me off...... so i went to ebay.

Got myself a Nikon D3100 + the two lenses for 839 bux, compared to the shops 1090 bux. Cant wait to get it :)

And i also bought a 16gb EXTREME sandisk SDHC memory card for 55 bux, compared to 90 in the shops.

Some people might say that because its off ebay, if i ever have a problem and need to send the camera back for repairs, it will be a bit of a headache, but going off past experiences woth dick smith and harver norman, im willing to give buying a camera from hong kong a bit of a punt.

Will post when i get the camera and if everything is what i wanted it to be.

#2 Dan.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

This would be better off under the photography forum.

#3 monkey.magic3

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

nice work champ! you're going to have heaps of fun with it, then quickly max out the kit lenses to it's full potential, then want moar! lolol. Fun hobby but can be an expensive hobby as well =) post up some of your work when you've got some :)

#4 Jason12

• Car:Cressida

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

Also keen to hear how it goes. Tossing up between a 550d or similar nikon...

#5 ecr-033

• Car:SII R33

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

the D5100 is definatley another thought, a little more expencive than the 3100 but its got some good extras in it.

#6 bk558462

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

i just went on ebaay and bought a camera bag to fit everything in it, and another one just for the camera for like just bringing it somewhere.... ALSO bought a macro and wide angle lens :P i want a fish eye lens too... haha now i just gotta wait for it all to ruck up in the mail. comes with some UV filters to. all up ive only spend 950 compared to like 1500 in the shops.

sure will post up some of my photos, i could put up some of my previous work with my old olympus sp350 ??

Go Nikon mate, was a nicer camera to use. and tho the cannon has more MP it doesnt mean jack shiyyyttttt...

#7 bk558462

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

this is a link to my facebook photography album.... n has some photos i did years ago with my old camera. seeing some of them really made me wanna get back into it.... hence why i bought the camera :) let me know what yous think

and btw.... all my photo editing is done with picasa.... dont know why but i love picasa haha. suggestions for any other editing programs, not photoshop

#8 ecr-033

• Car:SII R33

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

:thumb: Nikon

#9 big_jeza

• Car:Silvia S13

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

Good choice. I have this camera. The best camera to start with

#10 bk558462

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

im to excited lol cant wait to get it ay.

u got any different lenses ?????

#11 bk558462

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

http://www.wix.com/blake696/bk558462

Made a free website thing, might start putting my photos on it

#12 samsta

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Good on ya,
i did the exact same thing and havnt had a problem. been 6months so far. although the camera is under Nikon Asia warranty.
make sure to always ask the seller if your buying generic nikon cameras. ie if they have generic or service parts inside and hence not authentic brand new items. as an ebay seller can technically and legally sell an item thats been built with foreign parts or serviced parts and pack them in "new" condition and offer their own warranty.

the only downside for me, i was a complete newb and after 4months im ready to upgrade lol...i need somthing with more of a punch

#13 bk558462

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

haha dam this is an old post ! i didnt see it. yeah the camera is going good man. got a fish eye and wide angle lens off ebay too its pretty sick love playing with it. ya can get some wicked snaps ! i got a few on here from when i went to a drift day a while ago... check em

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!