Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
The random photography thread - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

The random photography thread 

440 replies to this topic

#31 UTRIED

• Car:EsS - 5ifteen

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

hey guys,

ive been playing around with my 450D and just wondering if yous ever had the same issue as me

ie. when i take pix with the function 'no flash' (using the turn nob), some pics turn out blurry, maybe due to hand shake? or is it my camera having problems? (IS is switched on)

also when i tried playing with Av fuction, if i put my camera really close to the object, say a box is the only subject iam focusing on, with auto-focus swithed on, sometimes my pix turn out blurry aswel..
but if i walk a couple of steps back, images turn out fine.

just curious to see if iam the only person whos getting weird blurry pix.. and if anyone knows if its due to hand shake or camera sensor?
my 450D is pretty new, never dropped or anything like that..

cheers.

#32 bakatono

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

heheh panning shots are fun.

1/20 FTW!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 oRiCLe

• Car:Silvia S13

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

meh, its okay. its all practice. I used today as practice aswell. God damn its hard. i got alot of blurry pics. some that worked real well. so yeh. you win some , you lose some but hey just keep trying..

yeh amazing walking around no one uses compact cameras anymore. everyone has a SLR.

event photographers are gay. one of them got in my way of capturing bolger crashing last year. I was following him and BOOM i caught him crashing in the wall but the event photographer was jsut standing there like a homo so he took up half my pic.

haha its alright my shots are half grainy, took about 750 shots today, half way thru the day realised i had the ISO still set to high from night shots the night before :( stupid canon and not showing ISO on the screen lol!

meh they will be alright when i resize them and finish sorting them out :P

#34 Siddr20

• Car:Chaser JZX100

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:22 AM

View PostUTRIED, on Sep 21 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

hey guys,

ive been playing around with my 450D and just wondering if yous ever had the same issue as me

ie. when i take pix with the function 'no flash' (using the turn nob), some pics turn out blurry, maybe due to hand shake? or is it my camera having problems? (IS is switched on)

also when i tried playing with Av fuction, if i put my camera really close to the object, say a box is the only subject iam focusing on, with auto-focus swithed on, sometimes my pix turn out blurry aswel..
but if i walk a couple of steps back, images turn out fine.

just curious to see if iam the only person whos getting weird blurry pix.. and if anyone knows if its due to hand shake or camera sensor?
my 450D is pretty new, never dropped or anything like that..

cheers.

Could be a number of things :(

Could be handshake. But does this only happens in no flash mode? What are the settings?

I suggest you take some test pics for us. That ie, take a pic in auto mode (P) - where you wont need flash. Use the same settings in no flash mode.
Perhaps put the camera on a tripod. Take the next set of shots handheld too. See what happens.

In regards to the box thingy.. If autofocus isnt focusing well for you, then try it in manual focus (MF).
Use marco mode if you really have to, to take close up shots.

Also what lens are you using for all this?

#35 bakatono

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

your blurry problem is going to be either handshake or focus

focus needs light and an edge to detect to focus on - if you're trying to focus in the middle of a car panel it may not pick it up and mis-focus

if its handshake, you need to hold the camera still my friend - or get a faster shutter speed. this can be done with higher ISO, brighter lens (F2.8 or better) or a flash ^_^

1/10 is usually the slowest you can go with IS/VR systems.

post up a pic of the 'blurred' image you speak of and we can tell you if its out of focus or if its handshake

#36 Siddr20

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

Is there anyone in sydney who can lend me there speedlight for one night please!!

I got a event coming up and my friend wants me to take some photos for her.

Its just for one night.. Please? lol

Edit: for a 40d!!

#37 oRiCLe

• Car:Silvia S13

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

if you cant find anyone, www.rentacam.com.au

#38 Siddr20

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

^ cheers dude :) Ah they are located in the sydney which is good!!

#39 The Stapler

• Car:RB25 180SX

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

My next purchase. IT'S FINALLY OUT

Nikon 50mm 1.4 AF-S
Posted Image

#40 Stang

• Car:A31 Cefiro, EG Civic

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

Video from the new Canon 5D MkII is up on Vincent Laforet's blog:

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/

#41 dunn

• Car:32 4door s2 RB25

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

you know what else is a joke about the 5D mkII 3.9fps, thats pissweak for anyone trying to shoot sports.

#42 matt mead

• Car:Toyota AE86

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

yeah but that camera is targeted at that markert... its for photojournlists who dont need the wheather proofing the 1d offers, wedding photographer, static car photographers.. artistic style not sports...

im waiting for the 1d mk4 for my next upgrade... should be a machine :)

and vincent is my god!!!

#43 Camel Toe

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

View Postdunn, on Sep 24 2008, 01:54 AM, said:

you know what else is a joke about the 5D mkII 3.9fps, thats pissweak for anyone trying to shoot sports.

lol dude the 5D isnt meant for sports and it never was! The AF system for the previous and new models are not as sophisticated as the 1D series, and also full frame meaning less of a reach than cropped cameras.

5D is and always will be for the fashion/portrait, wedding, landscape and still life users. Sports and high level PJ work will always be 1D series for ruggedness and higher speed. But there are exceptions and individuals who differ :)

#44 donny

• Car:s15

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:24 AM

Hey all

Im going to pick up my Canon 50d with a 18 - 200 in the morning can't wait but the only problem
is that i wont have time to go out and really play with it until a few weeks later.
So excited my first DSLR! I had digital cameras before and a old hand me down konica SLR i few years
back when i was studying. i think it would be a very different from that and a bit more complex to use
but it should be fun ill keep you guys posted

Edited by donny, 25 September 2008 - 04:38 AM.

#45 Siddr20

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

^ how much is that setting you back?

#46 donny

• Car:s15

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

got it for 2600

#47 dunn

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

fair enough, but they're is a lot of people out there who cant afford to go 1D and need something else full-frame and all round the 5dmarkII aint gonna cut it, i'd much rather see canon produce something like the 5d but with a slightly better AF system and more fps and around the 15mp mark. cut out the video crap, can anyone on here who is a passionate photographer honestly say they'd rather be taking video's instead of photo's?. At this point the with the d700 being in about the same price range canon better hope they have a lot of loyalty, the only thing the mark II has over the nikon is video and more MP's but i see neither of these as a neccesity.

#48 Siddr20

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

How much was just the body?

2.6k for a first dslr camera!!

Either way you will be very happy with the 50d!!

Take some shots for us and post it up :)

#49 Siddr20

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

View Postdunn, on Sep 25 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

fair enough, but they're is a lot of people out there who cant afford to go 1D and need something else full-frame and all round the 5dmarkII aint gonna cut it, i'd much rather see canon produce something like the 5d but with a slightly better AF system and more fps and around the 15mp mark. cut out the video crap, can anyone on here who is a passionate photographer honestly say they'd rather be taking video's instead of photo's?. At this point the with the d700 being in about the same price range canon better hope they have a lot of loyalty, the only thing the mark II has over the nikon is video and more MP's but i see neither of these as a neccesity.

I have a feeling that people will abuse the video mode.. Like pretend to take a picture, but really take a video instead.. If you get what im talking about :P lol

#50 dunn

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

lol i do.

#51 matt mead

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

i think the video is more marketed at photojournalists... as they all cary around HD video records with them.

i dont know why u need full frame for sports photography anyway means everyone will need 600mm lense s ;(

and remeber the 5d mk2 has the same sensor found in the 1ds mk3 so your 4g 5d is a good deal

Edited by matt mead, 25 September 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#52 Camel Toe

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

Ive said this and i'll say it again, HD recording WILL be crucial for wedding shooters and PJs, to which I do both for work, and will certainly welcome.
Check out this video by Vincent Laforet - one of the worlds leading photographers - made with a prototype 5DmkII

this is only youtube but u can download the full high def one somewhere

REVERIE

#53 dunn

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

if you want to film buy a video camera, whats next? mp3 player? internet? call me old fashion but i just think a camera should just take photo's.

#54 Camel Toe

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

well someones not embracing technology lol ^^

if u want a true camera buy a Holga or a 4x5 large format camera or something ancient

our DSLR these days come with a free light meter, free flash, free screen for preview, free in-camera raw processor for some cameras. Only 30 or more years ago none of that was available and u had to buy it extra.

You dont realise how much of an asset it is for myself and others when working. I can cut back on my expenses by not hiring a camera man for example or carry a camcorder during a wedding. I can submit footage of the news with the photos when i hand in my article as a journalist. There is so much possibilities to offer more things for your client or employer or even for casual use.

the Sony SR-12 HD camcorder can take 10mp photos, which is very handy also - as many would have wished they could have taken a photo of something when they were filming. Now it is vice versa with the D90 and 5DmkII.

some cameras can now mount a GPS module on the hotshoe to register exactly where the shot was taken, saves a lot of hassle instead of carrying a separate and non compatible GPS which u will have to input location urself.

Dont u want something more convienient instead of carrying multiple crap in ur pockets and bag? I love my N95 8gig because I can listen to music, watch movies, take decent photos at 5mp, and excellent video recording. A few yrs ago I would have needed to carry an Ipod, a compact camera, and a small camcorder to do all of that.

#55 matt mead

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

i think its great... like i have said before....

anyway change of topic lol

how f**king good are current digital cameras lol

i had a go of an eos film camera with a manul 200 f4 prime... i had no f**king idea how to set it up without being able to use the light meter on the camera... so i went and bought myself and eos film camera and im going to start stocking up on old shitty manul lens... as i think it will make me a better photographer in th elong run.

Edited by matt mead, 26 September 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#56 dunn

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

mmm maybe your right, maybe i'm not embracing technology, well we can argue the point all we want but i guess we'l just have to wait and see.

personally i'd rather go pick up a d700 that the 5dmII as they're around the same price.

#57 Camel Toe

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

I have a canon 430EXII new for $350 if anybody is interested!

and on an even better note, picking up my 5D plus grip this wed, woot. Its been a while since I used full frame :wub:

#58 Siddr20

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

^ pm sent :)

#59 Basti

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

i'll take it if sidd doesnt

#60 gravy

has gone to 12ozprophet.. this place fails.

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

finally got some time to build a site properly from scratch.... got some pretty cool ideas.. stay tuned.... ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!