Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
the Black Engine Bay Masters! - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

the Black Engine Bay Masters! 

433 replies to this topic

#61 DORI1

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:09 AM

View PostDORI1, on 24 July 2010 - 03:08 AM, said:

View PostDarkWave, on 05 July 2010 - 03:15 PM, said:

Once they open my bonnet im gonna have to start doing some fast talking, but with my car... they almost never do.

This is how it goes.

Coppers pull me over for "random" RBT.
Coppers commence giving me shit for being an import driver
Coppers start to realise I'm well mannered, educated and not who they were expecting

Coppers look at ride height and think meh... (Not much lower than stock)
Coppers look at twin tip exhaust, have a listen, think meh... (I have a varex)
Coppers look in my bumper, see (or dont see) the matte black cooler core, and think meh...

That's usually it!

If they DO go under the hood... well
the catch can is clearly plumbed back
the bov is clearly plumbed back
the air filter is clearly in an airbox
... but it's also clearly modified to hell and at this point I hope they decide not to screw me for no engineers cert as im clearly trying to do things the right way and I haven't been a smartass.

Protip: In order to have your car impounded you almost always have to give the coppers shit. If you say yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir you have a gun so i'm going to do what you say sir, they will rarely go to town on you.

Lose the attitude, lose the fulleh sick look at me rice, get your car off the bloody bump stops and you are more than half way to a hassle free motoring life.

** These lessons and others have been learnt the hard way over the past decade or so. Spray your coolers black kidlets!

Cheers for giving every sleeper out. Real inspiration to the cause!

..ooops..

Cheers for giving every sleeper out. Real inspiration to the cause!

#62 -Les

• Car:180sx

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Posters-1
Dori-0

#63 jackzeronine

• Car:S15

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

no sir, its standard

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Bling_by_etfnehme.jpg

#64 32_4door

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

Dori.

You think cops are dumb. I can name about 7 cops that have owned imports and can spot things from a mile away. Don't be so naive thinking cops are all dumb as bat shit.

A few of them have owned/ helped work on SR's, RB's, 1/2J's.

#65 -DriftLockz-

• Car:S13 180sx

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

If a police officer that knows anything pulls you over you're f**ked anyway. Stop complaining about "the secrets"
Its black paint for f**k sake

#66 _ptR

• Car:SR20DET

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Beauty beauty.lol loving ur engine bays

#67 viet_boi

• Car:200sx

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

#68 RB-20-SX

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

View Postviet_boi, on 27 August 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

HAHA Pedobear.

That'll scare the fuzz as they pop the bonnet.

On a serious note though. very nice clean setup.

#69 tassie patrol

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

I have look at almost every engine bay pic in this thread, I reckon if you do it right the first time, (get it certified) , mind your manners when pulled over and politely say/tell the bacon that it's not against the law to own and modify an import, and shouldn't you be more concerned with looking for young 14 year old's that snoop around late at night stealing shit (huh) and that owning and taking pride in your ride doesn't make you a criminal, but apparenty it makes you a target for bored police officers
you think imports get it bad own a modified Mazda RX7 or any other rotary Mazda/ powered car

#70 viet_boi

• Car:200sx

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostRB-20-SX, on 27 August 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

View Postviet_boi, on 27 August 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

HAHA Pedobear.

That'll scare the fuzz as they pop the bonnet.

On a serious note though. very nice clean setup.

haha cheers, yeah get alot of cops saying "cute bear" lol grabs there attention for abit before they start checking out the rear wheels tread.

S15 now is currently getting the JDM drift engine bay look :)

#71 FANTA

• Car:2001 Black s15 200sx ADM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

BEFORE AND AFTER

Finally started my new refurbishment. I'm over the ricey show look so trying to get a more OEM look.

Today I painted the Rocker Cover, Strut Brace Ends and Crank sensor Cover in VHT Wrinkle Black. Also painted the Fuse Box Cover back to Black.

Next I want to replace the Blue Silicon Vacumn Lines, Joiners and Radiator hoses with black items.

Got the turbo 2nd hand and not a fan of the polish, wish it was still cast finish. Speedflow - I dunno.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: IMG_2928.JPG
  • Attached Image: IMG_5402.JPG

#72 DRIFTKID

• Car:Stagea

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

View Posttassie patrol, on 28 August 2010 - 04:52 PM, said:

I have look at almost every engine bay pic in this thread, I reckon if you do it right the first time, (get it certified) , mind your manners when pulled over and politely say/tell the bacon that it's not against the law to own and modify an import, and shouldn't you be more concerned with looking for young 14 year old's that snoop around late at night stealing shit (huh) and that owning and taking pride in your ride doesn't make you a criminal, but apparenty it makes you a target for bored police officers
you think imports get it bad own a modified Mazda RX7 or any other rotary Mazda/ powered car

I know a few rx3's that roll sydney on methanol, tubbed with slicks and full cages and insane amount of power and never get pulled over.

But drive a skyline/silvia and your a terrorist.

#73 blind_injustice

• Car:GM Test pilot

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

-For the one or two cops that would read this thread, the chances of them pulling up ANY of these cars is very slim.

-For the amount of imports running 'chrome everything' under the bay compared the stealth setups are minimal

-If your car is illegally modified.. suck it up bitch.

-Any cop that is reading this thread would probably already be able to spot the mods anyway.

-If it helps out even one kid who decides to do this, and actualy gets treated 'justly' because he didnt notice a mod, then I think the thread has done more good than bad..

-Have a cry princess.

#74 bumblebee

• Car:200sx s1

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

I will be building a 200sx up very soon there wont be any look at me bits on the engine. but rather than having a stealth eng bay im going to leave the outside stocko so it blends in and doesnt get a second look and that includes having the exhaust quiet and intercooler black. im over having the look at me car and worrieing about every cop car i see

#75 sssturbo

• Car:S14 200sx

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostFANTA, on 02 September 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

BEFORE AND AFTER

Finally started my new refurbishment. I'm over the ricey show look so trying to get a more OEM look.

Today I painted the Rocker Cover, Strut Brace Ends and Crank sensor Cover in VHT Wrinkle Black. Also painted the Fuse Box Cover back to Black.

Next I want to replace the Blue Silicon Vacumn Lines, Joiners and Radiator hoses with black items.

Got the turbo 2nd hand and not a fan of the polish, wish it was still cast finish. Speedflow - I dunno.

looking really neat man, great job!
i must say i actually like it the way it was, showy but practical
you can polish the speedflow fittings, all the colour comes of, they look sweet then Posted Image

#76 OLiK

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

if i have some money burning a hole in my pocket id get black hoses...

#77 CalebS15

• Car:JDM Spec R

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Black crinkle coat looks awesome on the rocker cover FANTA, and above on the stock plenum

#78 beej180

• Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

One of the most tidy bays I've seen

#79 KidDynamite

• Car:S14A

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

this is mine:

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: engine.JPG

#80 OLiK

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

do the intake plenum.

i wouldnt mind silicon joiners...

anyone wana swap my blue ones for their black oneS?

#81 Missmyimport

• Car:180sx Blacktop

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

Great thread, give's other import driver's some good tips on how not to become cop bait.

and to all the people saying this thread is giving out the secrets.. its not, i got pulled over once, and the literally knew more about my car than i did. the pigs are becoming a lot smarter than you all think... if you have bad luck, then you will get screwed over wether you have a completely stock silvia.. or a 500kw skyline. if the cop is a dick. he WILL defect you..

but its up to us to give them minimal breathing space when it comes to trying to defect us.

-joseph

#82 SDEWYZ

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

where would be the best place to get black silicon joiners in nsw??

#83 KidDynamite

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

View PostSDEWYZ, on 23 September 2010 - 11:52 AM, said:

im gonna take mine off and just spray them its free :D

#84 Hobbsie

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

View PostKidDynamite, on 23 September 2010 - 11:56 AM, said:

im gonna take mine off and just spray them its free :D

good idea, as soon as it bends or flexes at all the paint will crack so good luck getting them back on lol.

pretty sure justjap have silicon joiners in lots of colours, including black.

#85 S Fort

• Car:S14A + S12

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

I got my joiners from this shop on eBay. They seem good quality and are 4-ply.
http://stores.ebay.c...634Q2ec0Q2em322
They aren't on the car yet, so can't comment on durability. They are going on this weekend, so will get some pics.

View PostOLiK, on 08 September 2010 - 08:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

if i have some money burning a hole in my pocket id get black hoses...

Hey OLiK - Have you been pulled over with the Hi-Octane airbox in? Did they mention it, or have anything to say about it? I've got the rad panel and was going to order the airbox to match.

Cheers

#86 OLiK

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

havent been pulled up since it was on. takes a fair bit of hacking if you got hybrid style piping...

#87 davehill_s15

• Car:S15 Silvia Aero

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

i got mine from otomoto in parramatta

kit is going on now so will post up a pic when its done :thumbsup:

#88 Shakey Bones

• Car:S15

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

Ok been a long time since I said I was going to post mine.

So here is my 400hp SR20 with HKS cams and TRUST T518z. As you can see for the most part the engine bay is totally stealth. I've kept the stock hot pipe as the TRUST front mount doesn't come with a new one.
I've powder coated black the cold pipe, intake pipe and oil catch can.

Luckly the TRUST kit comes with Grey joiners. And Im in QLD so PODs are legal exposed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ive the kept the bov in the stock position and chosen a GFB Stealth FX. I have unscrewed the trumpet for street driving and when you look at it the BOV looks 100% plum back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've used black hosing for the Oil catch can to keep it as stock looking as possible.

Posted Image

I've used a black carbon fiber strut brace for a stealth look as well.

Posted Image

I've had the stock heat shield modified to fit in the stock position completely hiding all signs that this is infact an aftermarket turbo.

Posted Image

A GReddy radiator air diversion pannel is used to hide the front mounted intercooler and the front bar has mesh - Notice you can't the the intercooler from the top and through the mesh it looks like the radiator

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have removed all the TURBOSMART stickers off the boost controller T piece and covered the wires in corigated piping - they just blend in and have never been noticed.

Posted Image

So i've had this car for about 5 years now and never been defected and only ever had one cop try. Obviously the engine bay isn't perfect you can still notice the speed flow fittings and Brake master stopper but they don't pose any major defect issues.

Future plans include a bit of clean up. While the engine was out the mechanics as you can see signifantly scratched the rocker cover and radiator shroud. I plan of gett them sprayed in a fresh black with the NISSAN writing done up in a brushed aluminium look.

Posted Image

Sorry for the crappy photos i have pretty bad lighting in my garage (and yes I carpeted my garage) But the bright flash really helps point things out.

#89 blue_panther9_9

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

Dude you need to learn how to resize picture...it's just way too big and many....

#90 KidDynamite

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

just did my strut brace black

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: strut.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!