It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

* * * * * 3 votes

Forza Motorsport 4 

1260 replies to this topic

#61 driftnick13

• Car:180sx

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

its going to be the same as Forza 3, will still have all the same issues that made me bored of that after a week, lack of wheel support for logitech wheels is fail

#62 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

It's not Turn 10's fault about the lack of wheels.

Blame Microsoft.

#63 Upright

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Cannot wait for this. Trailer looks awesome!!

#64 Guest_will123_*

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

forza is the best game

#65 driftnick13

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostUmai Naa!!, on 07 June 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

It's not Turn 10's fault about the lack of wheels.

Blame Microsoft.

yea sucks but there will be a new $800 fanatec wheel coming out soon that works :lol:

#66 display name

• Car:Art Force Shirubia

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I hate the fact that I have a PS3 and GT5 sucks balls.

If it lives up to expectations... I may have to buy a 360!

#67 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

It's always lived up to the expectations of the majority.

Although there have been a few serial pests on the Forza forum that have picked apart every single title in the Forza franchise, highlighting all the things they beleive are problems. The developers are users of the forum too, so suggestions of getting a life, etc were common :lol:

For those of you playing at home (haw-haw-haw), Forza 3 Ultimate Collection has hit the shelves. Comes with all the DLC cars and tracks.

#68 factoryoptions

• Car:s15, fully optioned

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Damn, i want that ultimate collection
what's it retail for?

forza 4 needs
-more steering lock
-wheels need to -offset when widening the wheels instead of +offset (makes sense right? >_<

#69 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

It's about $50.

Saw it at EB yesterday. You can get them cheaper of Ebay, out of the UK, too.

#70 e rock

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

So excited!! I don't play any games other than forza. They always deliver!

Hopefully they can make the cars appearance more customizable with phat wheels etc

#71 display name

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i will probably buy a 360 for this...

#72 RandomguyLite

• Car:S13 Silvia ca18det

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition

http://forzamotorspo...rzaMotorsport4/

#73 Jimmy Bish

• Car:95 200sx S14 Luxury

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

View Postdisplay name, on 13 June 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

It will. I've got both the 360 and PS3 and absolutely loved Forza 2 and 3 after previously being a GT fan.
Got GT5, and while it was a realistic-feeling racer, it didn't have any of the fun factor Forza has. I packed up my Logitech wheel about 4 weeks after I got it.

If Forza 4 is anything like the previous ones, it'll last way longer than GT5.

#74 display name

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

View PostJimmy Bish, on 30 June 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

It will. I've got both the 360 and PS3 and absolutely loved Forza 2 and 3 after previously being a GT fan.
Got GT5, and while it was a realistic-feeling racer, it didn't have any of the fun factor Forza has. I packed up my Logitech wheel about 4 weeks after I got it.

GT5 is a realistic racer but, the old updated psysics engine sucks! It does not feel realistic at all. Minor changes to the car reacts the cars handling too much, when you loose grip your tyres turn to butter etc..

Hopefully Forza working with Pirelli will be much better.

#75 Jimmy Bish

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

View Postdisplay name, on 30 June 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

GT5 is a realistic racer but, the old updated psysics engine sucks! It does not feel realistic at all. Minor changes to the car reacts the cars handling too much, when you loose grip your tyres turn to butter etc..

I dunno, once I got the wheel I thought it felt pretty good. Using a controller, yeah, it felt crap compared to Forza.

I absolutely love Forza, but I've always thought it feels a little understeer-happy when going into corners. I thought GT5 was also better at capturing that 'skittish' feel when you're pushing the limits of traction at high speeds.

These are just my opinions based on absolutely nothing in reality. I haven't driven any multi-million dollar supercars lately, so I can only compare one game to another and imagine what I think would be closer to the real thing.

But yeah, handling is only one part of a game that's essentially as boring as batshit to play. Forza working with Pirelli would only equal more awesomeness, though!

#76 display name

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

View PostJimmy Bish, on 30 June 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

I dunno, once I got the wheel I thought it felt pretty good. Using a controller, yeah, it felt crap compared to Forza.

I absolutely love Forza, but I've always thought it feels a little understeer-happy when going into corners. I thought GT5 was also better at capturing that 'skittish' feel when you're pushing the limits of traction at high speeds.

These are just my opinions based on absolutely nothing in reality. I haven't driven any multi-million dollar supercars lately, so I can only compare one game to another and imagine what I think would be closer to the real thing.

But yeah, handling is only one part of a game that's essentially as boring as batshit to play. Forza working with Pirelli would only equal more awesomeness, though!

I was talking about a wheel :] with a controller I can drift like crazy, with a wheel it feels unrealistic.

#77 ecr-033

• Car:SII R33

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

looks like im getting a Xbox

#78 Mini S13

• Car:R34 4 Door

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

time for some more screenshots :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 display name

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Posted Image

#80 Legal Attorney

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

View PostJimmy Bish, on 30 June 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

i dont think it sucks balls. gt5 is a racing sim, pure and simple. if you buy forza to 'feel realistic', its pointless because a game cannot do that. you have to go out on a track for realism. the best thing that can come close to the real thing is a virtual sim. ie you will have understeer and oversteer. the gt engine runs perfectly fine. i managed to do the nurburgring in 6 minutes and 15 seconds, and it felt crazy fast.. pushing every corner and oversteering on the edge of kerbs etc. you will spin when you plant it off a kerb to early, and you will miss an apex going too late. the tyres turn to butter when you go off the racing line, cause of the lack of grip. and you have to remind yourself you are almost doing over 150km/hr most of the time. thats the way it is.. i also tried to do the nurburgring in the wet with the zonda and couldnt confidently open the throttle past 2nd and 3rd through most corners.

my point is this. you want the arcade based feeling of more amounts of grip wherever you go on track and that feeling of going fast and reward get forza. i tried it and that is what i could feel from the game.. simply a bit too easy for my liking.

if you want purchase/reward for hard work and effort, gt5 has it via lap times coming down. there is nothing better than putting in 100% effort, getting your line spot on, maxing on the throttle control and seeing a fastest lap set.

i also have the feeling of going fast when im braking down from the last straight at the nurburgring of doing 300km/hr..

#81 scottay

• Car:pig 180sx

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

If you want to see the gt5 physics systems flawed in about 30 seconds. Get a rwd car. rip a standstill on a cambered bit of road and watch the WHOLE car start sliding sideways down the camber.

Hyped up gt5 only to dissapoint. I still rate forza heaps better then gt5. Played it both on a g25 and with controller

#82 Sieda01

• Car:S13

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

trailor looks awesome! cannot wait for this to come out :D

#83 driftnick13

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

View Postscottay, on 12 August 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

If you want to see the gt5 physics systems flawed in about 30 seconds. Get a rwd car. rip a standstill on a cambered bit of road and watch the WHOLE car start sliding sideways down the camber.

+1 to this, there are some huge flaws in the GT5 physics as soon as you get sideways

sims on PC are so much further ahead

don't have a wheel for xbox so can't really judge forza, still a fun game with the a controller unlike GT4-5 that made me rage hard when ever i was to lazy to setup my wheel and used a controller :lol:

#84 scottay

• Car:pig 180sx

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

its stupid, your drifting and some how leaving big black solid lines with ur front tyres aswell the whole drift? i think not

#85 rxfc3s

• Car:FC

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Certainly am hanging out for forza 4, I was a big fan of the gt series and was expecting alot from gt5, it certainly didn't deliver for me at all. My missus bought me a g27 for my birthday to play gt5, it is really good and makes a massive difference when racing. But alas g27 isn't compatible with xbox 360. Or so I thought. Check the link below ;)
http://xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm
Available on eBay

Andrew

#86 driftnick13

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

View Postrxfc3s, on 19 August 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Certainly am hanging out for forza 4, I was a big fan of the gt series and was expecting alot from gt5, it certainly didn't deliver for me at all. My missus bought me a g27 for my birthday to play gt5, it is really good and makes a massive difference when racing. But alas g27 isn't compatible with xbox 360. Or so I thought. Check the link below ;)
http://xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm
Available on eBay

Andrew

huge waste of money, all it does it trick the xbox into thinking your g27 is a controller so there is no force feedback (well it has a faked FF that is horrible) and pretty much no point in using it

the cheap xbox wheels would be a much better use of money or wait for the new fanatec wheel and buy that or the older one once the price drops :thumbsup:

#87 _Clinno_

• Car:Type X Onevia

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

http://www.engadget....-th8-rs-shifte/

Thrustmaster are releasing a wheel for us finally :)

#88 Jimmy Bish

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

View Post_Clinno_, on 19 August 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

http://www.engadget....-th8-rs-shifte/

Thrustmaster are releasing a wheel for us finally :)

It's a pity the 360 won't support the shifter add-on, though :(

If they released a proper wheel like the G27 for the 360 that didn't cost as much as a real 2nd hand car, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

#89 Ghettobean

• Car:JZX100

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

I've got a mint Microsoft wheel for sale if anyone's interested.

#90 Sambo7

• Car:S15 GT

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

cant wait for forza 4 to come out! the original forza was awesome. i pretty much bought xbox 360 solely for forza 2. bought forza 3 on it release day!
ive played a lot of the gt series, and they are good in their own unique way, but much prefer forza ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!