Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Vacuum Line sr20det? - Hardtuned.net

Vacuum Line sr20det? 

4 replies to this topic

#1 mimz

• Car:180sx

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

Just need a quick pointer.
Car dont have A anymore. Do i still need B and C?
If not can i just hook up a line from the intake manifold to D and leave the plug at B unplug?
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Capture - Copy.PNG

#2 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hopefully I've read the diagram correctly. The S14/S15 engine looks to be slightly different to the S13 so hopefully the info I've provided is correct.

'C' isn't required but is connect to your fuel tank. The tank requires to vent to prevent pressure building up in it. The carbon canister filters the fuel tank vapors. Without it your fuel tank will just vent to atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that other then the chance of smell of fuel. If you remove 'B' you could connect 'D' to the throttle body.

#3 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Boosted180 is correct. You don't have to keep the charcoal cannister, but there's absolutely no benefit to removing it. The weight is nothing, you still need a long vent line from the fuel tank, you lose no power by it being there and it consumes minimal space.

I've read a lot of reports of people experiencing fuel smells after ditching the CC due to a midmount intercooler setup (I relocated my CC for my midmount setup), meaning small quantities of fuel vapour are venting to atmosphere, which both stinks and is an extra carcinogen you don't need in your life. Personally, I'd leave C and either cap the extra pipe on B, or more likely just swap B for a two-way connector from Repco.

#4 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

I've tried to simplify my engine bay by minimising vacuum lines on my 180 and have removed the EGR, BOV, Carbon Canister and have the Boost Controller connected to the turbo using a GKTech outlet snout. Only problem I've encounter is that when you get your car defected, vehicle inspection will apparently look for the carbon canister. I personally haven't has any problem with fuel smell.

As Pmod said your easiest solution would be replace the 3 way connector at 'B' and replace it for a 2 way connector. That'll eliminate the EGR and not alter anything else.

#5 mimz

• Car:180sx

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostB00sted180, on 16 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I've tried to simplify my engine bay by minimising vacuum lines on my 180 and have removed the EGR, BOV, Carbon Canister and have the Boost Controller connected to the turbo using a GKTech outlet snout. Only problem I've encounter is that when you get your car defected, vehicle inspection will apparently look for the carbon canister. I personally haven't has any problem with fuel smell.

As Pmod said your easiest solution would be replace the 3 way connector at 'B' and replace it for a 2 way connector. That'll eliminate the EGR and not alter anything else.

Thanks exactly what i was looking for ty.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!