BALLS 

13 replies to this topic

#1 pikachu

• Car:S15(JDM)

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Yes, ball sports. We love em or hate em really.

Which ball sports are the best??

Personally I think football (soccer) is one of the best ball games out there. It's awesome to watch, even when it's just a bunch of 6 year old playing. Even more fun to play yourself!!

Never really got into Golf... didnt see the point of hitting a tiny ball into a hole with a stupid looking stick. I know it takes skill... but whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

#2 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

golf is boring to watch not play..

soccer and basketball would be my fav sports. and also the good ol' aussie rules.

#3 Black Widow

• Car:S13

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

yeah i agree with merlz soccer and basketball...

not really a fan of AFL tho

#4 Flying180

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

As a sport i love Football over everything else but if you are not so interested in the skill show then i think AFL is the best to watch.

#5 m00nie

• Car:32 4 door

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

i cant say i ever really got into soccer. it is the true 'football' but i suppose, to me it's just too much of a non contact sport

#6 stan_

• Car:99 Nissan Silvia JDM spec R

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:09 AM

soccer and rugby. apart from that i dont watch balls.

#7 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

so far i haven't found a ball sport that isn't boring as hell to watch. i love playing soccer though :) and kicking the bejesus out of a size 2 soccer ball. those carnts f**king hurt :D

#8 Karbonyte

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Teabagging is the best ball sport.

Not to watch though. :S

#9 gravy

has gone to 12ozprophet.. this place fails.

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

im more into extreme sports, snowboarding, wakeboarding, skating, surfing.... that kinda shit, but as far as ball sports go...

like watching....
union
cricket
nrl sometimes..

like playing...
pool/snooker
golf
tennis

as far as soccer goes i friggn hate the shit with a passion, such a gay waste of time gayness its just so gay....
....but....... i dont hate it as much as i hate friggn afl.....omg that game is gay.

#10 sixteenshots

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Footbal is the worlds number 1 sport, and it is now mine as well. And iv'e played league and union for years. When i was younger i preffered the rugby codes to play, but now it's defiantly football.

#11 Swanny Knoxville

• Car:Nissan EXA

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

Aussie Rules by far

#12 -traedayz-

• Car:01 EVO 7 GSR

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

View PostFlying180, on Apr 11 2008, 04:06 PM, said:

As a sport i love Football over everything else but if you are not so interested in the skill show then i think AFL is the best to watch.

skill show !!!! have you not seen some of things players do with the ball the goals kicked from the boundry,marks etc..

personally i like the physical conatact sports AFL,NRL,UNION..

soccer(football) just doesn't cut it with me a small tap on the leg and they go down like they have been shot with a friggn riffle,but it's ok to watch sometimes.

tennis,golf,pool/snooker are good to play but not so much to watch.

#13 Flying180

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

View PostJNRS13, on Jun 14 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

skill show !!!! have you not seen some of things players do with the ball the goals kicked from the boundry,marks etc..

soccer(football) just doesn't cut it with me a small tap on the leg and they go down like they have been shot with a friggn riffle,but it's ok to watch sometimes.

yeah, i used to be a season ticket holder for the Crows. I also used to be a season ticket holder for Parramatta, so i know rugby as well.

The skill in AFL is nothing compared to what's in Football.. In Football they can dribble skillfully with the ball (dodging tackles etc), the can curve the ball left, right, up and down or a combination of the above all whilst under pressure (AFL players try to do it, but still fail miserably at set shots, rarely do they succeed in curving the ball from a pressure situation on the boundary. If it happens, it's the goal of the week). They can volley the ball on one touch to score a goal. <-- also very rarely does that happen in AFL, and even then everyone calls it 'soccered off the ground' or something similar.

#14 -traedayz-

• Car:01 EVO 7 GSR

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

View PostFlying180, on Jun 14 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

View PostJNRS13, on Jun 14 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

yeah, i used to be a season ticket holder for the Crows. I also used to be a season ticket holder for Parramatta, so i know rugby as well.

The skill in AFL is nothing compared to what's in Football.. In Football they can dribble skillfully with the ball (dodging tackles etc), the can curve the ball left, right, up and down or a combination of the above all whilst under pressure (AFL players try to do it, but still fail miserably at set shots, rarely do they succeed in curving the ball from a pressure situation on the boundary. If it happens, it's the goal of the week). They can volley the ball on one touch to score a goal. <-- also very rarely does that happen in AFL, and even then everyone calls it 'soccered off the ground' or something similar.

:lol: good point i guess i just like AFL better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!