Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Fitting S15 Airbox's + Climate Control into S13/180sx Chassis - Hardtuned.net

Fitting S15 Airbox's + Climate Control into S13/180sx Chassis 

5 replies to this topic

#1 ausdutchey

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hey guys I been trying to complete this mod for quite a while and I'm basically there now, everything seems functional and I will fix up the tweeks down the track but here's what I've got so far, (I did my conversion in a type-X, also I have done the S15 cluster and hazard buttons etc and any modifications to previous guides I will include)

Parts you will need:
- S15 main harness with the climate control module to suite
- S15 blower fan, Air con and Heater boxes + cores and motors included
- Two heater core joiners from S13/180sx without butterflys
- All S13 gear
(if going to do the S15 instrument cluster and hazard controls etc will need these parts too)
(I have not yet fitted the dash to see if all of the air vent piping lines up but I will work this out soon)

Process:
1- Take out the Dash and all interior trim, I also took out the dash reinforcement bar for more access
Attached File  IMG_0869.JPG   1.76MB   5 downloads
2- Remove all bolts and nuts that support the S13 blower fan, Air con and heater boxes (2 bolts on the air con, two bolts at the top, two nuts at the bottom left, one bolt bottom middle, one nut bottom of middle, one nut bottom right
Attached File  IMG_0870.JPG   1.87MB   5 downloads
3- Undo all plugs
4- Undo both heater hoses from the engine bay
Attached File  IMG_0871.JPG   1.88MB   5 downloads
5- loosen the air con box by pulling it into the cabin slightly then remove the blower fan and heater box completely
6- undo the air con lines connected to the box, small is 17mm and 19mm and the large is 24mm and 27mm
7- remove air con box
Attached File  IMG_0885.JPG   1.81MB   5 downloads
8- Install S15 air con box to these lines (they have the same fittings)
9- Install S15 blower fan
10- the S15 Heater box has a mounting point (top left) which must be modified to fit the cabin as it hits the top dash mounting bracket
11- The S15 heater core has shorter joiners coming off it than the S13 unit, get yourself longer ones from type-X and later S13/180 heater cores and screw them on, I would use 2 without the butterfly as the S15 has none
Attached File  IMG_0887.JPG   1.7MB   4 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0886.JPG   1.55MB   4 downloads
12- install the heater box in the car, the top grommet in the fire wall for the heater core joiners must be removed for it to fit
13- position and tighten the boxes so that they are mounted in the cabin I managed to use the Stud at the bottom right of the blower fan and the stud to the bottom right of the heater box to mount them but do whatever you can to stabilize them
14- When fitting the S13 dash reinforcement bar into the car I realised it doesn't fit as it contacts the S15 heater box, I am going to cut out the middle section of the S15 bar and then cut out the same length from the S13 bar and weld the S15 middle with S13 end to solve this, Will ad pictures to explain

ELECTRICAL:
1- Cut out the main harness of the S15 so that all wires coming from the climate control plugs are continued to the plugs so that no wires are cut and as much can be plugged straight in as possible.
2- Wires that must be cut are:
* Ground/Earth (BLACK)
* Thermo Fan (RED WITH PINK DOTS)
* POSSIBLY TACHO OR CONNECTS TO EXISTING BLUE/ORANGE WIRING IN CHASSIS CLIMATE CONTROL (BLUE/ORANGE)
* Outside Ambient Air Temperature Sensor 1 (ORANGE/BLACK WITH PINK DOTS)
* Outside Ambient Air Temperature Sensor 2 (BLACK/YELLOW WITH PINK DOTS)
* UNKOWN POSSIBLE DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH (BROWN/WHITE)
*UNKOWN POSSIBLE DEMISTER/WATER TEMPERATURE OR TO EXISTING BLUE/BLACK WIRING IN CHASSIS CLIMATE CONTROL (BLUE/WHITE WITH PINK DOTS)

(sorry ran out of time to complete for now will continue write up later, newest problem is fitting the dash reinforcement bar so more setbacks)

Edited by ausdutchey, 09 April 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#2 scott black

• Car:180sx w/ RB25

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

one of the wires you needed to cut out of the s15 harness thats needed for climate control is for the water temp sensor. cant remember the colour at the time,
didnt know about the longer pipes for the heater box, would of made my convertion so much easyier

#3 ausdutchey

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

Thanks Scott I think your talking about the Blue/White with pink dots, It came up under temperature in the diagrams, also I have just discovered the dash bar/ reinforcement bar doesnt fit over the boxes so im making a frankenstein one between S13 and S15, did you take this path?

#4 scott black

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Yea pretty much the s15 bar from the drivers side to just past the column, then s15 till the other side of the car except for like 2 inches at the end where I go back to s13 to bolt up like normal

#5 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Did you end up finishing this install successfully? I'm keen to do the same work in my car...

#6 scott black

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Mine works with nice cold ac, I Modded the firewall for the ac holes though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!