Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
RSP13 180sx fuel tank leaks - Hardtuned.net
←  Nissan Silvia (nissansilvia.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

RSP13 180sx fuel tank leaks

davidg2152's Photo davidg2152 03 Apr 2017

Took the race car out today and didnt last 1 lap. Got kicked off for a leaking tank. It appears to have stemmed from the cradle atop the tank. I recently added a new Taarks seal and new efi hoses and clamps. Did it all up and it weaps ALOT of fuel from the cradle. Almost like it is pushing up through the screws etc.

Made a hell of a mess and had no track time.

Is there a trick or have I neglected something. I have no idea what else to try.

Dave

(Locky)'s Photo (Locky) 04 Apr 2017

mosst likly pinched the O ring or fuel has got on it while installing and it expanded

Old 13 did the same after I tried to reuse an old O ring that got soaked in fuel, expanded, then wasnt seating properly and got pinched

pmod's Photo pmod 04 Apr 2017

I'd also suggest you check that the breather tube [connecting the tank to the Charcoal Cannister] isn't blocked. Disconnect it, blast the tube clear with an air compressor, then blast air through the tube and confirm that it vents through the Charcoal Cannister.

davidg2152's Photo davidg2152 05 Apr 2017

AWESOME thanks boys on it