Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
how to identify engine year s15? - Hardtuned.net

how to identify engine year s15? 

s15 s14 engine year make model 200sx
3 replies to this topic

#1 haywire1213

• Car:200sx s15

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys,

i recently bought a 200sx 1994 s14 but the engine is from a 200sx 2002 s15..atleast thats what i was told..

i wanted to ask if there is anyway of finding out the year the engine was made like a serial number on the engine itself or mayb the engine number mayb able to tell me somthing

any one here know how i can find out?

thanx

#2 hipcrostino

• Car:94' 200SX

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Nissan Australia might be able to tell you if you give them the engine number.

There are few differences between S14 and S15 engines. the wiring changed a bit, different coil packs and such, but they probably just kept all the S14 gear and used a long motor (bare motor and head) out of an S15. Check to see if there is a pipe that connect the back of the exhaust manifold to the back of the inlet manifold. It thats there is should be an S14 engine.

Why do you want to find out?? Whats it matter?

#3 haywire1213

• Car:200sx s15

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

oh kool ill try it out..nothing wrong jus that i wanna no if he was lying or not..also if i go to a mechanic im gonna hav to tell him right that its a s15 not s14 and 2001 so he can out specific oil..

another question is there much difference between the s14 and s15 engines i mean arnt both the det engines??

thanx

#4 PoppinFresh1234

• Car:S15 Spec R

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

not the bare engine itself apart from the rocker cover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!