Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Where do you like to take photos of your car? Industrial Estate,Beach,On the Track? - Hardtuned.net

Where do you like to take photos of your car? Industrial Estate,Beach,On the Track? 

8 replies to this topic

#1 matt_s15NVS86

• Car:S15 Siliva

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hey guys bit bored so i thought i would start a thread about where you guys like to take photos of your rides??

And what sort of effects you like to use in your pics??

I live by the beach and love taking snaps of my car close to the water looks so mint

and i dont mind the old Industrial Esate specially in greyscale love the eeeerryyy look...

#2 loz

• Car:Nissan 200SX S14.5

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Moved to photographic section...

It's not so much where is better than where, but more so matching the car to the right location.... then matching the photographic style to suit both...

...being aware of what works and what doesn't all comes with time & a keen eye - dave reid, matthew evererignton, james dean, mike coppola and the guys from street-cover nail it.

best thing to do is to study good photographers work to get ideas, then come up with your own flair.

#3 matt_s15NVS86

• Car:S15 Siliva

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postloz, on 26 June 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Moved to photographic section...

It's not so much where is better than where, but more so matching the car to the right location.... then matching the photographic style to suit both...

...being aware of what works and what doesn't all comes with time & a keen eye - dave reid, matthew evererignton, james dean, mike coppola and the guys from street-cover nail it.

best thing to do is to study good photographers work to get ideas, then come up with your own flair.

thats it whenever i see somewhere that i think will look ok i just pull up have a good look around and see what would be the best option for a pic.. no point taking a pic of a green car infront of a bunch of green bushes unless your doing a camo shoot lol...

Ok i was gonna put it in the photo section but thought it might get abit more attention in here.. just so everyone could share their knowledge..

#4 MaTBoY

• Car:R32

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Who is this Matt Everington guy? Good on ya Loz! I can't believe people still get my last name wrong with my overyly bright and obnoxious watermark on everything I post hahaha

Like what Loz said, it's not about the location. It's the car. Or whatever the main subject is that leads to the decisions of where and what style of shot it is. Before I do a shoot I look at two things.
1) What is the focus? (i.e car/product/tits)
2) What is the feeling? (fast/tough/soft/classic)

p.s. tits requires less thinking, good tits look good anywhere in any circumstance haha

#5 Agnu

• Car:S15

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Industrial will generally only be good if you have the equipment and ability to light a car properly. The reason why you often see it as a location is that we generally use it as a d.i.y studio situation, where we can control almost every aspect of tr shot. Until you get to that point, try shooting during golden hour in a nice, wide outdoor area. Concentrate on reflections and utilizing the horizon to sculpt the cars natural lines.

#6 FST513

• Car:Evo VIII MR

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I hear that Kory Leung guy is just amazingly awesome.

But seriously. You need to shoot the car to suit it's surroundings. Of course you can't always achieve this with every car because of time restrictions, people can't travel that far, are busy etc....

#7 S14_Lee

• Car:S14 Zenki,

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

If my car does not sell soon, wil be loking to get a shoot done to help the sale of my S14

#8 FST513

• Car:Evo VIII MR

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

It'll be a good investment as i honestly think 50% of the sale is how the photos look.

#9 Agnu

• Car:S15

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Agreed Kory. Carsales.com.au is starting to provide proper photographers to high flying clients for exactly this reason.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!