It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

Bleeding my upgraded 300zx brakes on my s13 . 

12 replies to this topic

#1 AdzydG22

• Car:s13 onevia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hey guys,

Recently swapped my front brakes to 300zx calipers and a bigger bmc.

Was just wanting some help on bleeding the system. Because i only changed the front brakes do i only need to bleed the front end?
Or should i bleed the whole system?

Thanks for your help.

Adam.

#2 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

You will need to bleed the whole lot... Bleed back left, back right, front left, front right. Also the BMC will need bleeding

#3 AdzydG22

• Car:s13 onevia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Champion thanks

#4 Stilvia

• Car:S13

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Also make sure you have put the brakes on the right side as the bleed nipple needs to be on the top half of the caliper. This is a common mistake for people doing brake conversions.

#5 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

ZeroFallen, on 11 April 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

You will need to bleed the whole lot... Bleed back left, back right, front left, front right. Also the BMC will need bleeding

U only need to bleed the front
There should not be any air in the rear brake line unless u let the whole brake system drip dry which only an idiot would do

#6 S14_Lee

• Car:S14 Zenki,

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hi jacked......... sorry

I am changing to braided lines soon, been told its a 2 person job, is that true or is it a straight forward job ?

when I finish the job do I just bleed till no bubbles or is there a procedure ?

#7 Bloke

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

When you take the old lines off, you'll need a second spanner to hold the metal hard lines when you're undoing the rubber lines.

You can bleed the brakes on your own.

You'll need a bottle, and a hose small enough to fit snug over the bleed nipple. Make sure the hose is long enough to go into the bottle. This will save a lot of mess.

Fill the brake fluid reservior up, loosen the left rear nipple, and pump the pedal the way to the floor and let it all the way up about 20 times. Tighten the nipple, re-fill the reservoir, then move onto the right rear, and do the same. The fronts are the same as the rear, but I'd only pump the pedal maybe 12 times, as you may run out of fluid in the reservior without knowing. You'd have to start all over if that happens.

#8 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

STR8E180, on 14 April 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

ZeroFallen, on 11 April 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

U only need to bleed the front
There should not be any air in the rear brake line unless u let the whole brake system drip dry which only an idiot would do

You SHOULD only need to bleed the front, but I'd do the lot anyway.

#9 Bloke

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Same. No harm in it.

#10 Chich.

• Car:S15 + Sileighty

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'd be bleeding the lot, and replacing all the fluid in the system while you're at it anyway.

Also. I picked up a one man bleed valve from supercheap to do it alone.
Its just a hose which fits to the nipple, and has a one way valve at the end. easy to use, and removes the need to get a 2nd person in to help.

Edited by Chich., 14 April 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#11 Bloke

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

As long as the hose is submersed in brake fluid, you shouldn't need a one-way valve.

#12 Chich.

• Car:S15 + Sileighty

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Its not a must have, but does make it easier, just drop the end in a bottle/bucket and pump away.

#13 kouki_s14a

• Car:Kouki S14a

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Just have someone to pump the brake pedal for you, if two people do the job it's a lot quicker & easier. Make sure you are adding the same DOT fluid as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!