Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Customer piping - how to? - Hardtuned.net

Customer piping - how to? 

2 replies to this topic

#1 ru55kj

• Car:S15

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hi guys.

Got a question. What sort of technique or tools do you use when fabricating your exhaust or intercooler piping. I mean how do you get precise length of pieces and right angles?

I know dodgy exhaust shops just use a lot of mig wire but what do you do if you actually want to get a good fit?

#2 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

A ruler, measuring tape, an angle grinder and some tape.
Just gotta be careful and not be in a hurry to finish

#3 s13silvianissan

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Go to supercrap and buy a digital angle finder, sort of like a digital sliding bevel, most pipe work is done by eye, i always have a piece of straight pipe about 500mm long with the ends cut square so when you test fit the bend on the car hold the straight piece of pipe up to it and you can see the direction the pipes heading, if that makes sense......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!