Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What is this part? - Hardtuned.net
←  Nissan Silvia (nissansilvia.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

What is this part?

mimz's Photo mimz 13 Jun 2017

Any idea where this part live?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image

Kirksil13's Photo Kirksil13 13 Jun 2017

Its a bracket that sits between the tailshaft and the tunnel. It bolts to the chassis to stop the tailshaft from smashing through the tunnel if it dislodges itself. I assume it also helps strengthen the tunnel under stress.

datsun180's Photo datsun180 13 Jun 2017

Exhaust hanger from just near where the handbrake cable passes through the floor of the car. It's oem and not usually used for any aftermarket exhaust.
http://i.ebayimg.com...LCF/s-l1600.jpg

mimz's Photo mimz 13 Jun 2017

cheers

S15 sxytime's Photo S15 sxytime 13 Jun 2017

Definitely not exhaust hanger,it bolts to the rear of trans tunnel below tailshaft.

pmod's Photo pmod 14 Jun 2017

It's the prop shaft loop, as said. It's actually there to stop the prop shaft hit the road in the event that the shaft or joints break, not to propect the transmission tunnel.

You'll see custom ones in race builds where there's a greater chance of failure, because if the tail shaft hits the road whilst you're moving, it will launch the car up in the air like a pole vault. Not exactly a situation conducive to good health lol.

datsun180's Photo datsun180 17 Jun 2017

Yeah my bad, was mislead by the ebay listings calling it a exhaust hanger once i'd done a image search using the original posters photo. Nice one google nerds.