Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Airbrushing race helmet, legal? - Hardtuned.net

Airbrushing race helmet, legal? 

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mandi

• Car:180 & R33

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hey, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the airbrushing a race helmet. I have done a bit of a google search and it comes up with lots of websites that do airbrush helmets, can't seem to find anywhere that mentions the legality of it? I was always under the impression that doing anything to your helemt voided the warranty or what not, deeming it unusable?

#2 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

It does state in most helmet manuals that the surface shouldn't be painted as it could cause a degradation of the material.
If you ride a bike I wouldn't take the risk, but in the car... I don't know.

#3 Mandi

• Car:180 & R33

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Yea seems to be a bit of a grey area :/

#4 019

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

i would think it would depend on the type of paint and the way its applied (aerosol as opposed to airbrush)
interesting question. have you contacted any of the companies that paint helmets and asked them what the deal is?

#5 DamoS15

• Car:S15 Spec S

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Check out Antman Helmets in your google search....they can shed some light on it for you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!