Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Supplement Reviews - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

Supplement Reviews 

supplement review
249 replies to this topic

#61 free_state

• Car:s13 ca18det

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Meticulous, on 25 June 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Shark, on 24 June 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

180_mph, on 24 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Shark, on 24 June 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

180_mph, on 24 June 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Umm......yeah, he is absolutely right, and was actually giving you sound advice.
Right. Because if I use water, "creatine will not be absorbed into the body at all and you are just wasting the product." Ok man.. ok. Should I mix it with glucose/dextrose aswell then? Mad insulin spike for max gains yo. edit: I'm guessing you don't know my diet, or when I take it either :lol: I think those who work in supplement shops should actually be giving out proper information, rather than sugarcoating the topic (lol) and trying to palm off other more expensive products.
Mate i dont give two hoots about your diet. Fact of the matter is an insulin spike will result in your body absorbing more nutrients. Ofcourse your body will absorb nutrients without an insulin spike, that's a given. the "not at all" part you talk about wasn't in your original post so you can't expect me to read your mind can you?
Is there a difference between you stating that it absorbs nutrients "quicker and more efficiently" in your first response.. and you then saying it absorbs "more nutrients" in your second response? Or do they mean the same thing?

The whole creatine doesn't work with water is made on the basis that creatine turns into creatinine upon being saturated (not instantly), creatinine is useless to your body so it's better to consume it with minimal water.

To be honest I just spoon it into my mouth and eat red frogs, works for me.

I've heard that the acidity from certain fruit juices turns creatine into creatinine .. notsureifbroscience .. but I loaded creatine for the first time a few weeks back , took 3 x 3g serving a day for 10 days with water and put on roughly 2-3kg so don't think it matters that much hey ,

#62 Shark

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

In terms of pH. Read this. http://www.menshealt...ut_Creatine.php

Does caffeine or acidity affect creatine?

Many of the initial studies on creatine mixed creatine in hot coffee or tea to help dissolve the creatine. These studies indicated that caffeine did not affect muscle uptake of creatine.

Some have also warned that mixing creatine in acidic solutions (e.g., juices) may break creatine down to creatinine. Yet, the acid level (pH) of coffee (about 4.5), grape juice (about 3), and orange juice (about 2.8) is less acidic than gastrointestinal secretions (about 1) and the acid in the stomach (about 1.5). We know that creatine is not broken down through the normal digestive process.

A number of creatine studies instructed the subjects to mix creatine with juice and reported muscle growth. Therefore, it is unlikely that mixing creatine in fruit juice would degrade creatine unless you let it sit for several days.

Read more: http://www.menshealt...p#ixzz1yn19UwPT

#63 Dr. Cranium

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Been reading a few studies implicating creatine monodydrate in the creation of formaldehyde in the body.

Will be interesting to see the further findings!

#64 free_state

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Dr. Cranium, on 25 June 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Been reading a few studies implicating creatine monodydrate in the creation of formaldehyde in the body.

Will be interesting to see the further findings!

Thats a bit scary ?

#65 Dr. Cranium

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

180_mph, on 24 June 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Umm......yeah, he is absolutely right, and was actually giving you sound advice.
For your body to actually absorb creatine efficiently you need an insulin spike, ie take it with glucose, fruit juice.....something sugary.
This is why most creatine blends have carbohydrates mixed in with them.

When you body has raised insulin levels it absorbs nutrients quicker and more efficiently. Same reason why people put glucose in post workout shakes, although your insulin
is usually higher after a workout anyway.
It's why alot of diabetics struggle with their weight.

The body can only absorb so much creatine, regardless of insulin levels. At higher insulin levels the blood plasma levels are actually lower at higher doses of creatine than at lower doses. This is explained by the increased ability to transport creatine intramuscularly, leading to an increase in creatine absorbed FROM the blood into the muscles, not an increase of creatine levels in the blood. Just being picky here, but you can see why.

This was only really observed at the maximum physiological or supraphysiological levels of insulin (ie. you inject more than your body can produce). Unless you simultaneously take creatine and inject insulin (or you are close to the physiological maximum, even then the increase is not huge) then you are unlikely to see any real benefit than if you just drank it with water.

Keep the creatine in powder form as long as possible, although i havn't found anything other than bro science that just says it breaks down, not what breaks it down. It's broken down within the muscles by creatine kinase, our bodies are 70% water so going by what the articles say, technically creatine should be breaking down constantly in our muscles simply by being there?

#66 Shark

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Liam. Very informative. Confirmed what I had in mind.

#67 -Truck-

• Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

hard training and correct diet > supplements anyday

i used whey isolate for a while there, and honestly ive felt better and seen better gains with eating more chicken and veg. not to mention my wallet is alot fatter.

#68 -**wHiStLe**-

• Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Had mesomorph about 4 times and already have a solid tolerance to it.
Ahhh well

#69 ChiefStudly

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Food will always be better than supplements, it is just the effort of cooking the meals and eating so often that I prefer to have a quick protein shake now and then.

Edited by ChiefStudly, 25 June 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#70 -**wHiStLe**-

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Does anyone else get a bit crook after a protein shake?
I'm pretty sure I'm not lactose intolerant because I can eat all dairy and drink plenty of milk fine.
It's just when I have whey with milk, it upsets me.

And afterwards, I can't even force myself to eat for hours.

#71 Rocky88

• Car:JK Rubicon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you have too much it will make you bloated

#72 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Are you sure you're not lactose intolerant? Sounds like you might be.

#73 Dr. Cranium

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

-**wHiStLe**-, on 26 June 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

Does anyone else get a bit crook after a protein shake?
I'm pretty sure I'm not lactose intolerant because I can eat all dairy and drink plenty of milk fine.
It's just when I have whey with milk, it upsets me.

And afterwards, I can't even force myself to eat for hours.

Whey is only about 5% lactose, so if you can drink milk and other dairy sources without a problem then you most likely aren't lactose intolerant.

It's most likely an allergy to the whey powder itself, what brand do you use? Concentrate or isolate?

#74 -**wHiStLe**-

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Gold ON so it's a mix between the two.
I can put up with it, it's just annoying that it ruins me being able to eat.
For example; if I have 3 or 4 scoops in 500ml milk post workout, I can't get any actual food in for a couple hours.

#75 Dr. Cranium

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

-**wHiStLe**-, on 26 June 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

For example; if I have 3 or 4 scoops in 500ml milk post workout, I can't get any actual food in for a couple hours.

Switch brands, or switch to 100% whey protein, ie. around 30g per serve and see what happens. As that particular bran contains quite a few additives you may have a reaction to.

#76 Shark

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

This happens to me also. I generally can't and dont eat straight after a protein shake.
I find using water for post-workout shake allows me to be able to eat sooner as it doesn't bloat me.
Every other shake I use milk for, but feel quite full afterwards (full enough not to eat for at least another hour). It just takes abit of getting used to I think.

#77 -**wHiStLe**-

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'll get some samples or small tubs, cheers dude.
Any recommendations?

#78 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

try this http://www.bodybuild...muscle-gel.html

I have a box of this i keep at my parents place for when I sleep over

#79 bloodzkull

• Car:92 r32 gtr skyline. 85 single cab 4wd hulix (vn v6) and a 71 datsun 1600

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Personally any of the bulk nutrients powders

#80 free_state

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Used to get this all the time when having a shake straight after a workout , so just started having a meal instead , then a shake after that .

#81 SRS13

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

As above, Bulk Nutrients WPI.

26g protein per 30g serve, low fat and carb, good taste, mixes well and well priced.

#82 -**wHiStLe**-

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Nearly finished my last bag of Gold so ordering now.
Thanks guys.

free_state, on 26 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Used to get this all the time when having a shake straight after a workout , so just started having a meal instead , then a shake after that .

I was doing this as well but even on rest days it kills my eating.

Edited by -**wHiStLe**-, 26 June 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#83 Dr. Cranium

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Anybody take vitamins and what not?

My daily regime is as follows;

Morning;

2g magnesium
4g vitamin C
nutri-way double x multi
5mL Sea minerals
15 drops grapefruit seed extract
1 chlorella tablet
4000mg flax seed oil
All taken with about 1L of water

Same at night but only 2g of vitamin C and 2g of flax seed oil.

#84 -Truck-

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hippie

#85 -**wHiStLe**-

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Dr. Cranium, on 27 June 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Morning;

2g magnesium
4g vitamin C
nutri-way double x multi
5mL Sea minerals
1 chlorella tablet
4000mg flax seed oil

Only ever used to take fish oil
You notice much more energy and whatnot?
I'd get way too lazy to keep up.

#86 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Dr. Cranium, on 27 June 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Morning;

2g magnesium
4g vitamin C
nutri-way double x multi
5mL Sea minerals
1 chlorella tablet
4000mg flax seed oil

I take spirulina tablets which have a lot of different vitamins and minerals as well as EFA's.
Got a free tub of ZMA with my last Bulk Nutrients order so I've been using that too.
Fish oil and Orange Triad.

Also for people that buy through BN, you'll probably want to know about this.

‎*WPI Price Rise*
As you are aware, the shortage of WPI stocks in Australia have lead to considerable price rises. Since early 2012 we have had a price rise of 17.6% in the cost of our raw WPI, up until this point we have absorbed that rise and have not passed it on to our customers. As it appears that the supplies of WPI from Fonterra will not be available til early 2013, and there is a high likelihood that the cost of WPI will continue to rise, we have determined that we will have to increase the prices of our WPI products. From 1st July 2012, our WPI prices will rise an average of 5.6%.

We are aware that no one likes a price rise! We endeavour to keep our prices fair and competitive, and we'll continue to bring you the best possible products at unbeatable prices.

Basically China have been buying lots of whey from Fonterra, the supplier to Bulk Nutrients, driving prices up.

Edited by Pervy, 27 June 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#87 bloodzkull

• Car:92 r32 gtr skyline. 85 single cab 4wd hulix (vn v6) and a 71 datsun 1600

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

I read that yesterday, the price rise is still quite small so it would seem they are still absorbing a lot of the price rise. Still great value.

I take fish oil, multi vitamin and zma's at the moment.

#88 -Truck-

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

What are all these vitamins etc meant to do? Honestly interested if it's worth doing as I take nothing at the moment.

#89 Dr. Cranium

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

-Truck-, on 27 June 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

What are all these vitamins etc meant to do? Honestly interested if it's worth doing as I take nothing at the moment.

Wonderful thing called google if you want to know more ;).

Vitamins are co-enzymes that help catalyse enzymatic reactions within the body. Without them certain biochemical processes shut down, leading to impaired function in whichever system the vitamins. Many metals and some nonmetals also enable certain reactions to take place.

We lost the ability to produce them so we need to get them from outside (food), but heating most foods will kill 80%+ of the phytonutrients stored.

#90 Dr. Cranium

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Dr. Cranium, on 27 June 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

-Truck-, on 27 June 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Wonderful thing called google if you want to know more ;).

Vitamins are co-enzymes that help catalyse enzymatic reactions within the body. Without them certain biochemical processes shut down, leading to impaired function in whichever system the vitamins. Many metals and some nonmetals also enable certain reactions to take place.

We lost the ability to produce them so we need to get them from outside (food), but heating most foods will kill 80%+ of the phytonutrients stored.

Some also provide protection against cancer, oxidative stress etc. etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!