Wheel Alignment Help 

4 replies to this topic

#1 Hotwire

• Car:98 Legnum VR4

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hi All,

Just had a wheel alignment done as since I purchased my 04 lib (a week ago) it has pulled left. Anyway, had the alignment done, and its still going left. Looking at the printout from the alignment (attached), the tyre shop thinks the combination of more right caster and more right camber is pushing it slightly left, BUT said there is no adjustment in the subaru arms/bushings. I know the alignment was way out when I got it when looking at the brefore adjustment column, and i think it was contributed to the previous female owner making gutter love one to many times (wheel condition also reflects this)

Can someone please tell me, would more right castor cause this? Camber generally doesnt affect push/pull in either direction, but I think the castor might.

Any other feedback on how to correct it without the need for aftermarket suspension parts?
Thanks!
Lee

Posted Image

#2 Tsuro

• Car:1999 Subaru MY99 WRX, 1993 Nissan 180SX

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

I would be thinking something must be bent or a bush has worn out if there's no way to make an adjustment and your suspension is not "square" (even)

#3 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

mate i recon your rack has play in it, from as you said her crashing into shit, fkn woman drivers

#4 higginz92

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

check all your suspension, steering rack etc. start obvious then go complicated.

#5 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

all of the above have no idea.

rear camber needs to be evened out side to side

as for women tapping gutters all the time it usually knocks the front crossmember out of wack, causing the passenger side caster to go less than the drivers side.

usually you can loosten off the mount bolts and 'shunt' the crossmember back to the original position.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!