Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
SR20det Aircon hardlines mismatch - Hardtuned.net

SR20det Aircon hardlines mismatch 

3 replies to this topic

#1 Trinh

• Car:180sx

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

I had bought a used aircon condensor and hardlines off someone and had been trying to put them in today but It seems impossible to get the end that connects to the actual aircon unit lined up at all.

If you have a look at the pictures, particularly 1-1.jpg & 2.jpg you can see the connector (not sure what to call it) is pretty much 90 degrees in the wrong direction, if i try and turn the connector 90 degrees to fit into the aircon unit the piping before it is just fouling against the block. I've tried various different ways but it doesn't seem to fit.

Have I got a hardline for maybe an s14 or an s15? I hadn't confirmed the model of car
I've got a 180sx. All the other lines, condensor all line up perfectly, just not this one connector into the aircon unit.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 1-1.jpg
  • Attached Image: 2.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3.jpg

#2 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Just take it to someone that can hook it up, pay to get it done , leak tested and gassed. You tried to cheap out on it and it didn't work.

Edited by S15 sxytime, 04 March 2017 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Trinh

• Car:180sx

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

haha, i've just got the wrong hardline and asked a question
what's so wrong with giving it a go myself?

I looked it up myself, looks like i've got the hardlines from an s14, just in case others are looking.

cheers for the advice :)

#4 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Its worth mentioning that not all 180s are made equal.

in my experience, 89-94 and 94-98s have slightly different wiring looms (the climate control units have different key ways on the harness) and other bits and pieces.

a non vct blacktop shares A LOT of things with the red tops, but there is also stuff they dont.

its always a good idea to buy something from the year model you own, just to be safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!