Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Dead S15 - Hardtuned.net

Dead S15 

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lady_S15

• Car:2002 S15

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hey,

As you may or may not be aware i am taking a break and living on Hamilton Island. I have been here for 3 months now, and the pride and joy is safe and sound with my grandparents. About a month ago they called me to tell me the battery went flat. I am now a bit worried about it just sitting there and not being driven. How long do you think it can go without being driven before it will affect things?

#2 BoSsY_CiViC

• Car:94 Eg Hatch

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:24 AM

i dont think its so much being driven but they really should just start it even once a week, just to keep everything in the motor lubricated

#3 llama_au

• Car:See signature

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm of the opposite opinion, starting it and letting it idle is more damaging. I left my car for 11 months, took the battery out. When I went to start it again, battery back in (I'd pre-charged it before-hand), took the spark plug leads out (obviously so it doesn't start), cranked it over multiple times to get some oil pressure built up, spark plugs back in and start it. Try to leave the tank reasonably empty , the handbrake off but the wheels chocked so it can't move, lots of pressure in the tyres and you should be fine.

#4 Lady_S15

• Car:2002 S15

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hmmm interseting....

I am going down for a holiday on Sunday so I will be putting a new battery in and giving it a run

#5 monkiiee

• Car:200sx

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

I would think that its more safe to turn her on every few days for about 5 mins or so
just to keep it lubricated and minimize the amount of dirt coming back up

#6 SXGIRL

• Car:96 180sx TypeX

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

old thread, so you would no doubt have it sorted now

but for future reference, definatly best to fire it atleast once a week, and let it run for 5 mins minimum, as said will keep things lubricated, and stop parts from seizing, and common problem is the injector o-rings and rocker cover gasket going hard and cracking, causing them to leak when u fire it up, if its been sitting for a while

#7 Guest_Marczfvh_*

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

I only recently got the first Dead Island. I totally love it but im only about 65 through it, want to finish it before starting riptide.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!