Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Funny Story - Hardtuned.net

Funny Story 

21 replies to this topic

#1 Percy

• Car:MY00 WRX Impreza

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hi All,

First up, I'm a new Subaru owner - just picked myself up a my00 WRX Impreza. I'll upload pics later on in another thread for you all to see.

This is my first post to the forums so I guess you can consider this my introduction page? Maybe?

In any case, I happen to have had an interesting situation about 2x nights ago when I taking my new beast for a spin. It's quite funny.

The first thing you should know is that I am a new manual driver and therefore I currently only have my auto licence.

My reason for this is simply that when I was in school - I simply wanted to drive. I didnt care what or how...and the quickes way was I just drove autos.

Since then, I've grown bored of my old car and turned to the Subaru. Alot of influence/inspiration came from work peers.

Anyways, I've been taking some lessons and whatnot and I decided that I'd take the car out on my own. So I took it around my street.

I'd been on the road for about 30 mins when I saw a cop car come around the corner of my street and it looked like it was doing a patrol (which is unusual because I never see them around here).

The moment I saw them I was like "Oh crap...this cannot end well". I kept driving and pretended like I didn't see them and was on my merry way like nothin suspicious was going on.

I HOPED that they would completely miss/ignore the fact that my car...has a cannon on it.

I took the first street on my left and pulled over. Now, at this point, if you knew me well - I'm usually the kind of idiot to pull over and have my foot on the brake which would make hiding pretty pointless.

However, that being said, it seemed i had my thinking cap on and turned the car completely off. I was pretty sketchy at this point until I noticed one minor factor I didn't account for....MY TURBO TIMER :(

So the whole time, I'm sitting in this car going "SSSSSHHHH SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH" hoping like crap the cops don't drive past and hear me.

Luckily for me, they never doubled back or at least managed to find me so I am fortunate enough to have gotten away with it.

After thinking about it all later I thought it was quite funny (though very irresponsible of myself) and it's one of those things ill look back on and laugh about.

Hopefully you enjoy this story as much as I did experiencing it.

Cheers,

#2 kranze

• Car:NM35

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

#3 CroS13

• Car:S15 GT Spec S

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

#4 comodrifter

• Car:S13 silvia

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

cool story hansel

#5 LZY-515

• Car:1999 S15

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

this guy's taking the piss right?

#6 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

honestly cant say i found it funny

#7 J_Bone

• Car:180sx

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostLZY-515, on 01 July 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

No. He is telling you to pull over if a cop drives near you. Because it won't look suss?

#8 datsun180

• Car:180sx

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

funnyest part of the story is the fact you think your brake lights don't stay on if you turn off the key......brake lights work with no keys in the car. that's a Australian design rule.....but I hope i'm miss reading your "funny story" and your turbo timer only works with your handbrake pulled on and you did indeed leave your foot off the brake while hiding from police who were probably never after you in any way shape or form.

Enjoy the little thrills of owning a cop magnet and in future, remember the less suspiciously you behave on the road the less attention cops will pay you.

#9 Shark

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

does his IP match with any current users?
Nisskid is back?

#10 snwfek

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

View PostShark, on 01 July 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

does his IP match with any current users?
Nisskid is back?

What happened to nisskid?

#11 eclipse492

• Car:S13

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Posted Image

#12 Nissman

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

thats what lsd will do to u

#13 LZY-515

• Car:1999 S15

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostJ_Bone, on 01 July 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostLZY-515, on 01 July 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

No. He is telling you to pull over if a cop drives near you. Because it won't look suss?

Ahh! i knew the punch line had to be in there somewhere? Posted Image

#14 booostin

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

:Drugs:

Attached Images

• Attached Image: coolstoryy.gif

#15 EnFlaMEd

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

#16 Flying180

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

Display Name Percy, Why you trolling?

Posted Image

#17 Nguage

• Car:A lot

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

#18 beamboy

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

#19 copycutter

• Car:s2 r33

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

:whistle:

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: delightful.jpg

#20 EnFlaMEd

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

#21 EnFlaMEd

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

I wonder if this a modest brag about having a turbo timer fitted :Drugs:

Edit: I just remembered a cool story. I once fell asleep in my car after a few cones in the hills. I was rudely awakened by a cop siren and disco lights. The cop told me they had driven past an hour earlier and noticed by brake lights were on. When they came past again they were still on so decided to check me out. They then told me to go home. It was the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to me. :thumb:

#22 -traedayz-

• Car:01 EVO 7 GSR

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Lol this is going no where fast as usual for ns.com

OP please have a read of the site and post an introduction in the new member intro area of the site, also there are specific members rides areas for Nissan, subi, evo etc post a thread and pics of your ride in one of them.

Thread lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!