Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
R34 engine swap - Hardtuned.net

R34 engine swap 

VQ30DET
1 reply to this topic

#1 GTS-t

• Car:R34GTT

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

So I'm thinking of doing a VQ30DET (3L V6 Turbo) conversion to my GTT. Anyone got any thoughts? I know there are a few silvias getting around now here in SA with this motor and some older model skylines - does anyone know what shops/tuners may have been involved?

Cheers.

#2 LS1350

• Car:VQ30DET180SX

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Are you still considering this engine as an option?

DO IT! Its a great engine, I've been running one in my 180SX for a year now... I did the conversion myself though, probably cost a mint to get a shop to do it :S

Mine is completely stock motor and turbo though, it's no powerhouse, 210rwkw and roughly 730nm torque... massively responsive with the small stock turbo, but well outta puff in the top end if you ask for more boost.

Using custom manifolds and a larger turbo would be better option if you want big power and your budget allows.

My build thread can be found HERE
There are also some videos of it in action HERE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!