special edition WRX's 

40 replies to this topic

#31 rsfever

• Car:Subaru Legacy GT-B H , Mitsubishi Lancer EVO III

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

View PostHarthorn, on Feb 15 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

man, whoever wanted to decide between a v6 ot v5 sti type r or a sti forrester.. GET THE TYPE R!!!!

Took a Type R VI limited for a drive on Sunday with the expectations to buy but the body condition was poor. The guards had been bogged up to make it look more like a 22B. It looked great from a distance but too many worries for me about how well the bog would hold and what's hiding underneath. The car was quick, it had a front mounted intercooler and semi-slick tyres.

Still like the Type Rs but have been offered a 2005 GDB Rev F. WRX STI Spec C Type RA for not much more than what a very tidy, low km Type R would cost me.

I guess my question is, how much interest is there in a 2005 Sti Spec C RA? and what would it sell for in OZ?

For me, I'm a bit of an 'old skool' fan so the coupe appeals to me more but the Spec C is being offered at a very tempting price...it'll have to be worth about $45K in OZ currently for it to be a viable purchase though, and I'll need to hold it for a year before sending!

#32 JDM-RPS13

• Car:mx83 cressida

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

View PostTsuro, on Jun 11 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

View Postudf00ls14a, on Feb 29 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

with the exeption of the 22b all wrx's are shit and assholes drive them and people who cant drive(they think 4wd is the answer)

im sorry im a car racist

I bet you think drift is the greatest thing alive...

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody said anything about AWD being THE answer, but it's AN answer. For all anybody knows, powering only the left wheels might be the answer to better performance.

No offense to anybody, but if you want to generalize about certain cars, anything RWD nissan is for 16 to 20 year olds that can't hold down jobs because they keep losing thier license street drifitng and can't get to work anymore (if they even had a job to begin with) because they're too useless to work out public transport. Often they have a strong belief they're the coolest people out there. They have minimal to no lives because they're too busy under their car (or buried in the engine bay) fixing all the stuff going wrong because they keep hitting gutters. Spend all day posting on NissanSilvia.com about how they did a fully sick 1000000m entry into a 130 degree angled corner in 4th gear at 250km/h. Usually broke as all hell and will constantly low-ball prices on parts because their cheap drift budget (just enough to fill a quarter of a tank to go sliding) doesn't even allow them to buy new tyres let alone proper parts.

Not that I want to offend anybody, but you only have to read majority of nissansilvia to see that's true. I'd know I've been a member for at least 5 years ;)

so true, alot of people bag the wrx's out without even driving one, or driving in one. Some people are just ignorant though and dont want to believe that there could possibly be a better car out there than their own.

View Postdaniel_., on Dec 17 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

bahahaha

s13 owners USUALLY fit that guys description.

s15 owners are usually young kids who wanna look like the coolest kid ever and em like grannies.

REXIES (as most losers call em) and i have to admit, the majority of WRX owners are girls trying to be cool, bogan footy fags or nerds who think wrx's are the best cars made.
its basically what commo owners or people with no knowledge of what a good jap car is buy.

evolutions: i have found these cars are only occupied by true performance enthusiast, i rarely see anyone owning these cars that fit the description of the above 3 cars. and lets face it, no one but car enthusiast like evo's. so you cant reallys ay they are trying to be cool, or like the aesthetics. (although i think they are teh esexciest cars next to the rx7 and s15)

im not biast at all, but thats how it is.

too many people trying to look cool out in the world.

ps, 22b ftw.

View PostB-Dangles, on Jan 3 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

"REXIES (as most losers call em) and i have to admit, the majority of WRX owners are girls trying to be cool, bogan footy fags or nerds who think wrx's are the best cars made.
its basically what commo owners or people with no knowledge of what a good jap car is buy."

biggest load of shit ive ever heard, no knowledg of a good jap car?? not all people want to be takumi takanowa like you mate, id like to see what your idea of a "good jap car" is. i bet its a fully sick s13 with coilovers and a bov...... I dunno if you have actually been in one before but a wrx would shit on half the cars you think are a "good jap car". But i guess if it cant drift then yeh its a POS. To be honest i see more posers in r33 skylines than anything else.... but maybe thats just adelaide

and to the guy who keeps his 180sx immaculate....... That is cheap as f**k for a genuine 22b... you obviously have no idea

22b are cool, but not exactly the ultimate car ever made the way people talk them up. Also all those stereotypes are just that. Not everyone who drives those cars fit that description.

agree with the 33 skylines being posers. All cars have their enthusiasts and posers, its sad that some people have to generalise purely due to the car, rather than whats actually done to it, or how its driven.

#33 R1Z4T

• Car:V5

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

View Postudf00ls14a, on Feb 29 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

with the exeption of the 22b all wrx's are shit and assholes drive them and people who cant drive(they think 4wd is the answer)

im sorry im a car racist

Why are they shit & the drivers assholes ?

Probably because your shitbox nissan gets owned all the time by subarus ;)

I have a STi because i CAN drive & chose a car that suits my driving style. Imagine a nugget silvia going up against a EVO or STi in a tarmac rally :rolleyes:

#34 Harthorn

• Car:Nissan Micra K12

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

silvas and imprezas were made for different things =_=v..

u can't really compare them on even footing..

#35 R1Z4T

• Car:V5

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

View PostHarthorn, on May 30 2009, 07:28 PM, said:

Correct. Which car does most things better ?

I can compare & the suggested footing is a tarmac rally

#36 Harthorn

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

View PostR1Z4T, on Jun 12 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

Correct. Which car does most things better ?

I can compare & the suggested footing is a tarmac rally

most things? depends if u live in the country side or city LOL

if u compare on tarmac rally obviously it depends on the track itself, car setup, driver etc etc its hard to say really

#37 im gay

• Car:180sx

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

evo's walk all over rex's, that's my personal opinion

#38 Tsuro

• Car:1999 Subaru MY99 WRX, 1993 Nissan 180SX

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

View Post^s13^, on Jun 14 2009, 08:49 PM, said:

This may be so, however for a '99 GC8 when I was looking they were around $14-$16k. An equivalent year EVO was around the $35k mark.

#39 Harthorn

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

View Post^s13^, on Jun 14 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

that is true to some extent lol

<-- coming from a wrx owner

but really depends how deep ur pocket is..

#40 Club Spec

• Car:WRX CS6

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Anywayz back to the topic :lol: I've just got a 03 Club Spec Evo 6, very happy with it so far. Loving the leather :D

Once the new tints are done I'll get some pix
Attached Image: P8100139.JPG

#41 then12man

• Car:N12 PULSAR

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

View Post^s13^, on 14 June 2009 - 08:06 PM, said:

dumbest statement ever made, by far, i have raced heaps of evos in my wrx, yes not even an sti and i have never been beaten by one ever and all these evos had lots of work and big money spent on them but couldnt even keep up with a normal wrx with only $4,500 worth of mods.

now as for the above mentioned models of wrx's spec c and type r, none of these cars can be registered here other than as a personal import.
this also makes them very hard to sell here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!