Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
New Rx7 2010 - Hardtuned.net

New Rx7 2010 

65 replies to this topic

#1 BigWillieStyles

• Car:Subaru GT-B

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

Well there has been alot of rumours of a new Mazda coupe entering the market. Well today i found confirmation that from 2010 the new Rx7 will be produced. This project claims to of been partly motivated by the latest American/Japanese Mazda concept car, the Furai, which achieved alot of attention.

Posted Image

The car will be a rotary engine driven RWD platform with around 350ps. The twin rotary powered engine will utilize on Mazdas hydrogen technology that it used for the Rx8. In Mazdas vision, they want a car that will live up to the expectations of the enthusiasts, but they also want a car that houses revolutionary technology. If Mazda can build this new rx7 to be a both a performance car and a environmentally low emmissions friendly car then they may be able to create a car that will be appauled for years to come. With low emissions they will be ensuring a future for the car, as government restrictions and the growing cost of petrol will cause many petrol eaters to quickly become extinct.

This article reads that the car will be good for the environment.:icon_tup:

The new Rx7 is also said to be quite small and perhaps a similar size to the new Mx5.

Posted Image

The price is also stated to be significantly lower than other performance cars entering the market in Japan with a price between 3.5 and 4 million yen.:icon_tup:

This is from my Mazda Blog:icon_tup: I will do a full translation of the Japanese article soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*(i posted this on rx7club also guys:D)

#2 ev0luti0nzer0

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

Very nice.

#3 Nissan_Boy

• Car:RX7 FD

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

nice find.. Front looks ugly.

#4 51CAZ

• Car:180sx - FD3S S8

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

as small as the mx5?!!

dont they understand the tinyness of the fd currently?! :lol:

It wont be an rx7 if its a little baby car.

Nice find biggie, u posted this on fdowners too?

given the drastic change in technology for the cars engine then, I'm also predicting much much later than 2010 ;)

and luckily thats just an artist impression....cos the front is a squashed and flattened out rx8 with a furai veilside-esk front corner grills.

#5 mikizzle

• Car:series one s14

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

gonna be turbo?

#6 Shakey Bones

• Car:S15

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

well it isn't as though Rx7s of the past have been big and roomy

I think it looks good, very modern. Just shows us all what the future of JDM cars are going to look like and what is under them

even though it is very cheap my bet is it will be over $60k if we see it here in Australia

#7 BigWillieStyles

• Car:Subaru GT-B

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Well obviously Mazda havent given a PR but they have said they are working on a coupe that will be sold alongside the Rx8. But best car are a pretty reasonable source when it comes to new car activity.

The car proposed in the article would be NA and have a very large displacement making the engine equivalent to a 3.2 litre piston engine.

#8 Snoop G

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

wow that looks great :woot:

#9 pubes16

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

look out, all the big jap giants are bringing back their hit cars from the 90s :P

#10 Bennybeee

• Car:Nissan 180SX, AE86 Levin

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

Meh looks like an RX8. They should keep it's curves.

#11 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

its not an RX-7 until it has pop up head lights lol

#12 silkishuge

• Car:Mazda 6 wagon, RX7 S8 Type RS, Mazda 3 Maxx Sports

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

View PostMeRlz, on Jul 12 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

its not an RX-7 until it has pop up head lights lol

The timing for the release of the new RX7 will be at a bad time IMO.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...593-661,00.html

Taken from the local news.......

THE price of petrol could soar to a crippling $8 a litre over the coming decade, CSIRO-sponsored research has warned.

The nightmare scenario says the weekly family fuel bill for a medium-sized passenger vehicle could rise to $220 by 2018 -- taking $12,000 a year out of family budgets.

Australians would be forced to radically change their lives and seek alternative forms of fuel and transport.

* Special report: Energy crisis

A rise in fuel prices of this dimension would also rock the nation's tourism and mining industries.

Petrol costs will impact most on low-income earners and people in the outer suburbs and the regions, according to the report.

"Modelling undertaken for the Future Fuels Forum projected prices in the range of $2 to as high as $8 a litre by 2018 for petroleum-based products in Australia," says the CSIRO-led forum.

This compares with the painful $1.69 a litre motorists were paying at most petrol stations in Melbourne yesterday.

The predictions are based on claims of a global peak in international oil production resulting in dwindling future oil supplies.

The rise in fuel prices will occur without the impost of an emissions trading scheme, which is likely to add just 25 cents a litre to the cost of fuel, according to the report.

The good news is that the high oil prices will eventually drop to current levels or even below current levels by 2025 as alternative fuels and new technology replace today's petrol guzzling vehicles.

CSIRO's Dr John Wright said a serious rise in the price of fuel would eventually see a take-up of hybrid and full electric cars, and greater use of gas and alternative fuels.

"The rise in the price of fuel so far has not changed people's behaviour, every time it goes up another notch there is an outcry, then it settles down again," he said.

Dr Wright, who is the director of the CSIRO's Energy Transformed Flagship, said eventually there would be a huge public reaction to rising petrol costs.

The CSIRO's fuel price modelling was conducted over nine months along with a group of 18 leading oil companies, motoring and environmental organisations including Holden, Caltex, NRMA, Woolworths, the Australian Automobile Association, the Victorian and South Australian governments, and the Australian Conservation Foundation.

I think few people will be able to fork out $8/l of petrol. Petrol prices will never go down. The supply will never meet the demand and from some of the consulting work we have done with some of the oil companies conducting exploration work, things will only get worse. Just my 2 cents.

Jon

#13 MeRlz

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

can i ask what that has to do with the RX-7?

#14 SECTION-15

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

looks like a IS250 front and a hybrid supras ass

#15 silkishuge

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

View PostMeRlz, on Jul 12 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

Simply stating that the high fuel consumption of rotary engines may not appeal to the general car buying people. Having owned a RX7, and loved it for what it is, I would hate to see the car become a flop. I assume they would need to sell the cars in volumes that would be similar to the RX8, and honestly, I don't think many people are prepared to pay $8/l to drive a rotary. People may however still continue to pay $8/l to drive a Austin Martin Vanquish or similar super car because the people who buy these sort of cars have a lot of money to play around with anyway.

Jon

#16 MeRlz

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

people wont be prepared to pay $8/l for anything man

its going to be hard for all drivers, not just rotaries

#17 PandaAE86

• Car:s13 rb30et

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

arnt new rotarys fuel ecenomic now? eg. renesis?

#18 ShoDan

• Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Looks the goods IMO...

#19 skuma

• Car:'96 180sx, Supra RZ

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

its all speculation

looks like a deformed rx8 to me

#20 Danny_S15

• Car:nissan 200sx s15 spec s gt

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:54 AM

View PostPandaAE86, on Jul 12 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

arnt new rotarys fuel ecenomic now? eg. renesis?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my mate gets 350km tops in his rx8, 250km when he gives it a bit every now and again.

#21 DOC_RE

• Car:Mazda RX7 (FD3S)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:43 AM

View Postsilkishuge, on Jul 12 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

Simply stating that the high fuel consumption of rotary engines may not appeal to the general car buying people. Having owned a RX7, and loved it for what it is, I would hate to see the car become a flop. I assume they would need to sell the cars in volumes that would be similar to the RX8, and honestly, I don't think many people are prepared to pay $8/l to drive a rotary. People may however still continue to pay $8/l to drive a Austin Martin Vanquish or similar super car because the people who buy these sort of cars have a lot of money to play around with anyway.

Jon

quick question for ya Jon,

how many people do you know that put the kiddie seats into the back of and Rx7 chuck there wife and kids in and go for a casual sunday drive thru the country side ?

Petrol costs will impact most on low-income earners and people in the outer suburbs and the regions, according to the report.

The mazda Rx7 has always been a car that suits a niche market,(being the Rotary/Hi-Performance car market), not the average family joe that struggles to put fuel in there car and food on the table, its made for car enthusiasts. and $8pl for petrol would not stop a car enthusiast from driving . . . .

So jon next time you want to put your 2cents in on topic that you clearly have no idea about, why dont you put that 2cents into your money box and start saving for when the petrol does hit $8 per liter so you can still afford to put fuel in your commodore ! !

#22 anticeptik

• Car:Your jacked ride.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:43 AM

View PostDOC_RE, on Jul 12 2008, 07:26 AM, said:

View Postsilkishuge, on Jul 12 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

Jon

how many people do you know that put the kiddie seats into the back of and Rx7 chuck there wife and kids in and go for a casual sunday drive thru the country side ?

The mazda Rx7 has always been a car that suits a niche market,(being the Rotary/Hi-Performance car market), not the average family joe that struggles to put fuel in there car and food on the table, its made for car enthusiasts. and $8pl for petrol would not stop a car enthusiast from driving . . . .

So jon next time you want to put your 2cents in on topic that you clearly have no idea about, why dont you put that 2cents into your money box and start saving for when the petrol does hit $8 per liter so you can still afford to put fuel in your commodore ! !

Be realistic here,
I do hills runs 3-4 times a week, at 8 bucks a litre it would cost me atleats 450 each time i do a run.
Now i am running rich, But id get about the same consumption as a rotary.
I am an ethusiast, and at 8 bucks a litre realisticly its not worth it
Adverage income would be around 700 a week id guess. now thats more than half the wage just to do ONE full tank hills run.
So wiether its a niche market or not, i can garauntee the smallest percentage of people can afford just to go for a drive down the "country side"

#23 silkishuge

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

View PostDOC_RE, on Jul 13 2008, 04:26 AM, said:

Well, I consider myself to be a fairly well to do with a good and stable income. I don't have trouble putting food on the table nor paying all the necessary bills that keep my family happy. But I must admit that $8/l for petrol is a bit too rich for me. It may not be for you, but it will be for many. Keep also in mind that petrol prices will raise the prices of many of the other commodities we rely on for sustenance such as bread, rice, corn, fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, meat, water and electricity. The latest project I am working on at the moment is on desalination processes with a lot of emphasis on reverse osmosis (RO) membranes, ultra and micro filtration membranes and the water outlook does not look great for us as well. Not sure how the government intends to keep the cost down but it does not seem very feasible since the operating cost will far exceed what we are paying right now. Capital will probably be absorbed by the government, but what I think will really happen is privatisation, which will mean the government will have little control as to how much we will be paying for water......

For what its worth, I don't own a commodore and never have. I have always been a Mazda fan. :) Great car builders and designers and I would hate to see the company making wrong decisions in their future directions. I think there is a need to push towards sustainable cars.

Jon

#24 karasu

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

the car in the picture is just a artist drawing of a 2 door RX8.

hopefully there will be a new RX7 and i am sure it will not look like that.

#25 DOC_RE

• Car:Mazda RX7 (FD3S)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

View Postanticeptik, on Jul 13 2008, 04:56 AM, said:

Be realistic here,
I do hills runs 3-4 times a week, at 8 bucks a litre it would cost me atleats 450 each time i do a run.
Now i am running rich, But id get about the same consumption as a rotary.
I am an ethusiast, and at 8 bucks a litre realisticly its not worth it
Adverage income would be around 700 a week id guess. now thats more than half the wage just to do ONE full tank hills run.
So wiether its a niche market or not, i can garauntee the smallest percentage of people can afford just to go for a drive down the "country side"

silkishuge, on date=, said:

Well, I consider myself to be a fairly well to do with a good and stable income. I don't have trouble putting food on the table nor paying all the necessary bills that keep my family happy. But I must admit that $8/l for petrol is a bit too rich for me. It may not be for you, but it will be for many. Keep also in mind that petrol prices will raise the prices of many of the other commodities we rely on for sustenance such as bread, rice, corn, fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, meat, water and electricity. The latest project I am working on at the moment is on desalination processes with a lot of emphasis on reverse osmosis (RO) membranes, ultra and micro filtration membranes and the water outlook does not look great for us as well. Not sure how the government intends to keep the cost down but it does not seem very feasible since the operating cost will far exceed what we are paying right now. Capital will probably be absorbed by the government, but what I think will really happen is privatisation, which will mean the government will have little control as to how much we will be paying for water......

For what its worth, I don't own a commodore and never have. I have always been a Mazda fan. Great car builders and designers and I would hate to see the company making wrong decisions in their future directions. I think there is a need to push towards sustainable cars.

Jon

HARDEN THE F**K UP AUSTRALIA

#26 Zenki_Fc

• Car:BMW E39 540i

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

Much prefer the idea from 5 years ago, way better looking than the current design:

Posted Image

#27 51CAZ

• Car:180sx - FD3S S8

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

View PostDOC_RE, on Jul 13 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

HARDEN THE F**K UP AUSTRALIA

Spoken like a true rotary man :lol:

#28 LordNafe

• Car:RB25 R32 sedan drift car

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

If it's based on a renesis motor it won't be turbo..... Due to the port design, you cant REALLY turbo them too successfully. a big capacity, triple rotor renesis would be cool though.

#29 goingforadds

• Car:nissan silvia k 1988

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

View PostLordNafe, on Jul 13 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

If it's based on a renesis motor it won't be turbo..... Due to the port design, you cant REALLY turbo them too successfully. a big capacity, triple rotor renesis would be cool though.

Was it the Cosmo's that had the tripple rotor design? (not sure, sorry, don't know much about rotaries)...cause that thing is f**king sick lol...there's one down the road from my house...must say it's a nice car

#30 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

View PostDOC_RE, on Jul 13 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

HARDEN THE F**K UP AUSTRALIA[/color]

:rolleyes: Yeah, thats right. just dismiss the problem like it doesnt exist. That will fix the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!