Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Adelaide hill cameras - Hardtuned.net

Adelaide hill cameras 

31 replies to this topic

#1 Snafyo

• Car:S15 Autech

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just before the tunnels on the way to Adelaidee, does anybody know if those are speed cameras or safety??

#2 Philbert

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Speed cameras, for the heysen tunnel also. Broke government needs money.

#3 Snafyo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

mmmm i was doin 100 - 110 down the hill :wtf1: I notice others doing the same speed as me in the tunnels...

Gotta hope i don't get an early xmas present!!

Edited by Snafyo, 09 December 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#4 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

No speed cameras there, just security cameras... the only cameras are the signed ones. Also, the banks of cameras just after Stirling heading up the freeway are average speed cameras for trucks are won't be any problem for you.

There are NO SPEED CAMERAS IN THE TUNNEL.

Still wouldn't advise speeding though, cops like to hang out around there and shine their money-maker guns at you.

Edited by mUnky-matt, 09 December 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#5 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

They are talking about putting speed cameras in the tunnels. but all ive seen are the security ones which have been there forever.

Have heard they are talking about putting Reverse ones directly after the tunnels like the melb ones (they take a snap shot of your rear plates)

#6 89silviaQ

• Car:1989 Series 3 R31 Executive Skyline

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

yup most tha cameras out there are for the trucks in the left lane....
they take pictures etc of the trucks at crafers then again after the tunnels to calculate speed/time over that distance, then the registered business gets a fine mailed to them...

nothing in the tunnel other than survanience (ref to incident with a bunch of skylines etc)

#7 185hp

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

"We are using covert tactics, which are geared towards reducing road trauma."

a fine some weeks later won't help reduce trauma

http://www.adelaiden...3-1226532767771

#8 Eevo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostmUnky-matt, on 09 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

about 4 weeks ago i was told speed cameras just got installed. its why the tunnels were closed for "maintenance"
im not 100% sure if i believe the bloke or not

#9 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostEevo, on 09 December 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostmUnky-matt, on 09 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

about 4 weeks ago i was told speed cameras just got installed. its why the tunnels were closed for "maintenance"
im not 100% sure if i believe the bloke or not

was driving through the tunnels about 4 weeks ago when they we doing maintenance. from what i saw they were removing a fan from the down track tunnel. didnt see anything else unless this was different time or later on in the night...

#10 Eevo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

yeah man, a i said, i was sceptical too
i cant find any references in the media about them either

#11 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostEevo, on 09 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

yeah man, a i said, i was sceptical too
i cant find any references in the media about them either

Maybe you'll find it on google ;)

#12 darkone

• Car:Silvia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

As far as I'm aware the only fixed speed cameras on the freeway are at the Mt Lofty exit and Mt Osmond exit (heading towards Adelaide).

I did hear a rumour about them putting cameras in the tunnel but I've driven through a few times and haven't seen anything resembling one. The green camera on the pole at the entrance/exits is just a regular camera, if that's what you're referring to?

#13 mUnky-matt

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

yeah the two fixed cameras are at crafers (mt lofty) and mt osmond... no other fixed speed cameras.

If they install a camera they will put up a big blue sign telling you there's a camera

#14 Philbert

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I haven't driven through there for a while, but 7th of November post on https://www.facebook...165949306797537 indicated speed cameras, may be wrong information.

Next one is rego checking on the average speed cameras, heard that one from a cop.

#15 mowbuss

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

ha on the topic of speed cameras:

"This Operation will target those sites which our intelligence suggests have a crash history, or where the physical condition of the location presents a road safety risk."

Like all those new speed cameras like on montague road, where there is no crash history (where the camera is located) and there is no safety risk at that part of the road... And yet there is a speed camera.

#16 mUnky-matt

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostPhilbert, on 10 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

I haven't driven through there for a while, but 7th of November post on https://www.facebook...165949306797537 indicated speed cameras, may be wrong information. Next one is rego checking on the average speed cameras, heard that one from a cop.

I guess I'll say it again, there are NO speed cameras in the tunnel, before the tunnel or after the tunnel.

That Adelaide Speed Camera location page is absolutely retarded, I wouldn't trust any information from that page... even something as simple as spotting a parked camera car (with the radar hanging off the front bumper) they'd probably f**k that up too :P

In regards to rego checking, all "Safety Cameras" (ie, not "Red Light or Red Light and Speed") can check for rego... I think there are only 4 or 5 intersections in SA with these cameras... The avg speed cameras up near Stirling do NOT check car rego at the moment and I doubt they'll ever bother to do it.

Edited by mUnky-matt, 10 December 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#17 Moleman

• Car:S13 SILVIA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

hey guys, i can clear up the whole cameras in the tunnel thing, ive got a background in transport planning study and have learned about the tunnels.

the cameras in the tunnels are not speed cameras... for pedestrian vehicles (this also goes for the cameras fixed on the poles and overhanging beams)

these cameras serve as security/traffic cameras, rego tracking cameras (primarily for trucks) and are used as point to point speed cameras for trucks

in saying that though, for the traffic control center to convert this from just speed detection for trucks to trucks and pedestrian vehicles, its pretty much a click of a button

hopefully this sheds a bit of light

#18 sleeper_13

• Car:1982 Corolla

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Some guy told me that there were cops sitting at the exit of the heysen tunnels with a gun shooting people that were speeding

#19 Mark_s15

• Car:s15

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostmUnky-matt, on 10 December 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

View PostPhilbert, on 10 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

I haven't driven through there for a while, but 7th of November post on https://www.facebook...165949306797537 indicated speed cameras, may be wrong information. Next one is rego checking on the average speed cameras, heard that one from a cop.

I guess I'll say it again, there are NO speed cameras in the tunnel, before the tunnel or after the tunnel.

That Adelaide Speed Camera location page is absolutely retarded, I wouldn't trust any information from that page... even something as simple as spotting a parked camera car (with the radar hanging off the front bumper) they'd probably f**k that up too Posted Image

In regards to rego checking, all "Safety Cameras" (ie, not "Red Light or Red Light and Speed") can check for rego... I think there are only 4 or 5 intersections in SA with these cameras... The avg speed cameras up near Stirling do NOT check car rego at the moment and I doubt they'll ever bother to do it.

Munky would know this too! He drives like a mad man! :P

#20 Nissan_Gts

• Car:200SX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postsleeper_13, on 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Some guy told me that there were cops sitting at the exit of the heysen tunnels with a gun shooting people

#21 Ghetto

• Car:34GTR, EVO 8

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

FACT: in 2013/2014 they are installing average speed cameras for cars from bottom of the freeway to mt lofty and the whole of southern expressway.

sucks balls :(

#22 AJPS

• Car:AE86, AE71

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostGhetto, on 19 December 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

current govt sucks balls Posted Image

fixed for you

#23 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Although I'm not pro-current government, do you honestly think any other government would be any different in SA?

Edited by pyro, 20 December 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#24 AJPS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

surely we couldnt mis manage what we have anymore than now?

most money hungry govt we have ever had!

highest power prices
some of the highest fines
over half a billion dollars for a few thousand more seats at a sports stadium
penalising us for carbon ( yes I know thats federal ) yet sending our coal etc overseas
just bad decision after bad decision

So to answer your question, yes I do

#25 thriller

• Car:S13

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

^^^ We're trying to get back to a surplus after the GFC, I think most of the above is at least to be expected.

The thing I disagree with is how thinly it's all veiled. As far as I know, none of the money we're taxed on ('bad') things like cigarrettes, petrol, alcohol, electricity, actually goes toward directly combatting the negative effects of that item.

I'd rather they were honest and just raised income tax, said 'tighten your belts, we need to save money', and didn't price hike almost every commodity.

/OT

#26 Nissman

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostSnafyo, on 09 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

mmmm i was doin 100 - 110 down the hill :wtf1: I notice others doing the same speed as me in the tunnels...

is that you brian?

#27 AJPS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postthriller, on 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

^^^ We're trying to get back to a surplus after the GFC, I think most of the above is at least to be expected. The thing I disagree with is how thinly it's all veiled. As far as I know, none of the money we're taxed on ('bad') things like cigarrettes, petrol, alcohol, electricity, actually goes toward directly combatting the negative effects of that item. I'd rather they were honest and just raised income tax, said 'tighten your belts, we need to save money', and didn't price hike almost every commodity. /OT

getting back to surplus by spending (read: wasting) $600 MILLION turning a beautiful oval in to a horrible stadium to accomodate another huge waste of public money - port power

#28 Snafyo

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostNissman, on 16 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

View PostSnafyo, on 09 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

is that you brian?

I know who you are...

#29 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostAJPS, on 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

View Postthriller, on 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

^^^ We're trying to get back to a surplus after the GFC, I think most of the above is at least to be expected. The thing I disagree with is how thinly it's all veiled. As far as I know, none of the money we're taxed on ('bad') things like cigarrettes, petrol, alcohol, electricity, actually goes toward directly combatting the negative effects of that item. I'd rather they were honest and just raised income tax, said 'tighten your belts, we need to save money', and didn't price hike almost every commodity. /OT

getting back to surplus by spending (read: wasting) $600 MILLION turning a beautiful oval in to a horrible stadium to accomodate another huge waste of public money - port power
in before bogans retaliate :lol:

#30 Matty 31

• Car:Territory, GTR, Mini

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postmowbuss, on 10 December 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Like all those new speed cameras like on montague road, where there is no crash history (where the camera is located) and there is no safety risk at that part of the road... And yet there is a speed camera.

Really? Really? *facepalm*. Theres been a few bad accidents over the years on that stretch of road. I know that and i dont even live in the area. As for no safety risk........i take it you've never driven down there and nearly get launched off the road doing the speed limit because of the bumps (and not in a car, try driving something bigger down there, those bumps are sneaky)

It wouldnt be like the Transport Department to fix bumpy stretches of road right? :lol:

The one on Frederick Rd at West Lakes, known area of speed problems, and not far from where those kids lobbed their Commodore into a Stobie pole rather hard a couple of years back. The other one on Tapleys, well theres been many a rear ender along that section too, also they have a mobile camera there enough (only about 100m back), so it must make enough money to justify a new one

Simple thing as always, dont speed and you wont be caught. Just be thankful we dont have the low speed tolerances they have in Vic/NSW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!