Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
How I Feel Walking Into Autobarn When The Teenage Staff Approach Me - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

How I Feel Walking Into Autobarn When The Teenage Staff Approach Me 

17 replies to this topic

#1 ILCQDN

• Car:S13 Silvia, & s14 S1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

#2 X Kyle X

• Car:HCR 32

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I get this all the time.

It's quite funny.

#3 Milamber

• Car:s13 Ca18DET

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I just nod and smile until they walk away.

#4 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

I feel the same every time I go to peps auto spares to buy hose clamps
Refer to my shit talkers thread
http://nissansilvia....l=&fromsearch=1

#5 Laundo

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

in all fairness though, your walking in knowing YOUR car with the one or two items you know you need in your mind, they have dealt with 25 different makes and models before you with a store consisting of thousands of items.

The guys there are basically sales reps, all they NEED to know is how to point you in the right direction and let you decide what product you want.

If they take pride in their work they might be able to tell you what of the 8 different brands on the one item your looking for seems to sell the best or has less come backs.

I would much prefer to deal with someone in a store like that who can only point me in the right direction then someone who offors opinions, because 9 times out of 10 someones opinion is not theirs, but someone else's that they heard so and so tell another guy.

#6 X Kyle X

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I will 100% serve people to my very best. But if you don't want my help or want my advice. I don't care. You will never learn anything if you don't consider others opinions. But if you think you know more then someone else with every sales person in a store you will never learn.

#7 Milamber

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostX Kyle X, on 12 March 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I will 100% serve people to my very best. But if you don't want my help or want my advice. I don't care. You will never learn anything if you don't consider others opinions. But if you think you know more then someone else with every sales person in a store you will never learn.

The difference is you probably know more then 90% of the sales reps out there.

I always get a laugh when a sales rep tries to tell my cousin that he is buying the wrong parts for his car when my cousins is a mechanic with 15 years experience and built his car from the ground up.

#8 X Kyle X

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Some of our reps are quite good. And the better ones are normally the women.

You can normally tell who is not going to want your help

#9 Milamber

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostX Kyle X, on 15 March 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Some of our reps are quite good. And the better ones are normally the women.

You can normally tell who is not going to want your help

Dont get me wrong, i know that some of your reps are actually good, its just that the vast majority onlyhave experience in changing a tire.

I shit you not one of them told me that using stands when working on a car is more dangerous then keeping it jacked up.

#10 renz.s15

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

lol so true. I usually tell them im a mechanic, or im looking at audio, i say im a auto elec. and etcc

#11 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

but we know how to use the computer ;) nahhh my boss makes me walk up to every customer and ask if they need help.. f**k its annoying.\

we have a chick thats the 'parts interpreter' males always laugh at her until she tells them she used to 2nd head mechanic for two v8 supercar teams.. the look on their faces is priceless :lol:

Edited by SpotMan, 22 March 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#12 Milamber

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostSpotMan, on 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

but we know how to use the computer Posted Image nahhh my boss makes me walk up to every customer and ask if they need help.. f**k its annoying.\

we have a chick thats the 'parts interpreter' males always laugh at her until she tells them she used to 2nd head mechanic for two v8 supercar teams.. the look on their faces is priceless Posted Image

Parts interpreter?

When i try and think what that would be i picture a teenage girl standing around looking at spark plugs and asking someone what they are.

Actually this brings me to a story where a girl accused me of trying to rip her off..

I was at super cheap picking up some presents for my car (oil, filters etc...) and a girl approched me and asked what she needed for a servcie on her car.

Being the nice guy i am i told her exactly what she need (sparks, oil, filters etc...) and she started having a go at me becasue that what her mechanic told her she would need and how i was trying to rip her off...

I was just like bitch I dont even work here so why would i try and rip you off.

Edited by Milamber, 23 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#13 MI55EE

• Car:S15

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

i used to work at autobarn. i used to deal with heaps of judgemental dicks, 17 year olds that wanted LED strips & southern cross stickers, scary old men. everything. and no matter who they were, you HAD to go greet them & offer help. i was really good at picking out who needed help and who didnt. i kinda went off what cars i saw pull up in the car park on the camera... and in that job, if i didnt know what the customer was on about i kept my mouth shut , if they wanted my honest opinion, they got it. we had some other dweeb working with us, who used to talk soooo much shit. it was painful. it still is hard working in this industry as a female ( autobarn was a part itme job, i'm nearly a qualified interpreter for a 9 franchise dealership. ) there are so many people out there that presume you know nothing cause your female. i still get extremely judgemental when i go into aftermarket auto stores. most of the time the young kids they hire know nothing. its just frustrating, when you are one of those young kids, and customers presume that you are like everyone else. its just sad that supercheap etc, dont hire people on knowledge, but how cheap they are to employ, you will find more success if you employ knowledge filled people, even if they cost 10 more an hour....

thats my experience of working in an autobarn, it was interesting. i prefer working for genuine though, the customers don't doubt me for a second ;)

#14 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

yeah my manager is female to, i have another "young" guy that works with me, he's a year old then me but knows jack shit when it comes to cars, god knows how he got the job!

for example the other day he was serving a customer,
then calls me over and says to the customer "maybe he knows what ur talking about"
he turns around and asks me "he wants to cap for his clutch, do u know what it is?
i say : "the cap for the cylinder?"
the customer says :"yep thats the one"
his reply to me was "what the hells that?"

how the f**k do you work at an auto store if u have no idea what a clutch cylinder cap is!!! :hammer:

Edited by SpotMan, 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#15 EnFlaMEd

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I like it when the sales staff read the label to you when you ask for their opinion on something :D

#16 X Kyle X

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

i love when customers ask me for info that is stated on the label

#17 dazo 47

• Car:93 180sx

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I work at supercheap and our store is one of the good ones. We dont have any bullshitters in out staff. I will point out though a few customers every day come in and dont listen to anything I tell them to the point where they try to run 20 - 50 in their 06 model car and not change the filter or just try to grab any spark plug like it doesnt matter about getting the exact right one. Makes me laugh. One guy got the shits today because he wanted a water pump for his corolla and didnt know the engine size or model or anything and then said "you guys are f**kin hopeless" when i insisted i needed more info to get the correct part number and left lol

#18 MI55EE

• Car:S15

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

i hate when people say, well aren't they all the same?
I WOULD NOT ASK THE f**king QUESTION, IF THEY WERE THE SAME! :hammer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!