Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
periphery touring - Hardtuned.net

periphery touring 

any fans?
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marko

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

periphery are doing an east coast tour later this month. just seeing if there are any fans? I love these guys, the brisbane show will be my third time seeing them in a year (previous 2 in London).

They're touring with Animals as Leaders.

#2 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

For sure. I've seen both bands before too - I'm over the moon that they're playing together. I'm gonna get a drum lesson with Matt Halpern too.

#3 Marko

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hes a pretty sick drummer. for having a relatively simple kit he can crank out good stuff. I'd love to get a guitar lesson from misha mansoor from periphery

#4 Spazo

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, he's had a pretty big influence on me.

Most of these guys have to teach to get by. Look on bandhappy, Misha might be teaching or doing a clinic.

#5 Spazo

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Tosin is giving lessons in Brisbane.

#6 Element Unknown

• Car:1993 KRPS13

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Fk8ng Yes I might actually finally get to see animals as leaders. Missed them last time they were in Melbourne.

Edited by HumanHefner, 15 January 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#7 essonefive

• Car:Old school s13 rb25

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Ill be at the Melb show!

Third time seeing periphery, first time for AAL

#8 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Would be really keen on seeing AAL but it's a pity they aren't coming to Adelaide :(

#9 essonefive

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Was awesome lastnight!!! f**k AAL are tight! So impressive. New song was amazing, gonna be an epic new album which tosin announced has already been recorded. Drummer is ridiculously good and absolutely smashes the f**k out of his kit!

Periphery, once again, need to improve their live sound. AAL totally outdid them. Didn't play any new songs off Clear which sucked but oh well. I got a Bulb pick 😊

#10 Spazo

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

In Periphery's defense, it's a bit easier for a trio to sound tight than it is a 6 piece.

I was in more of a periphery mood on the night... Matt G from AAL was impressive but he overplays a bit. Last time I saw AAL it was a guitarists band but now it's like a drum/guitar freakshow.

#11 essonefive

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

Yeah true, I just think periphery should play their axe fx's through power amps instead of the PA like AAL do, just sounds way better. And do they really need three guitars live? I know sometimes there are 3 parts but just adds to the mess.

Normally I hate overplaying drummers too but not in AAL's case, i love it, they've really become a muso's band and I love it. They're just groovy

#12 Marko

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I was up the back for AAL and the sound quality was top notch and they played tight. I pushed up to the front periphery so i cant comment on sound quality differences between the 2 bands. i should probably give my neck and voice a break next time im at a metal concert and listen up the back hehe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!