Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
steveP's training log - Hardtuned.net

steveP's training log 

22 replies to this topic

#1 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thought I may as well make a log as it's getting a bit tricky to keep all the stats and figures in my head. Should have created a log years ago as I've made a lot of progress in the last few years, but anywho.

Signed up to a gym in 2007 and gave everything a bit of a go. Started to get into running, mainly because it was my weakest point and wanted to make it my strongest. Got to a point where I would do 6kms in 30mins 3-4 times a week. Good for losing weight, but I started getting sore shins and it got a bit boring.

Then I mainly trained in the weight room trying to go the heaviest I could go and measuring my success based on how often I could up the weight. The main problem with this was the gym (Fitness First) was totally packed when I used to go after work. It would take me 2 hours to do a 1 hour workout waiting for equipment and avoiding douchebags posing and chatting. I tried going later in the night after I got home from work, but my motivation was pretty much non existent.

For quite a while I would do a combination of running and weights depending on what room had the equipment free. Anywho enough dribbling on. About 2 years ago I started giving the classes a go. Tried everything from Body Attack to Yoga (damn you get some hotties in that class lol).

I eventually settled on Body Pump as it gave a good balance of weight training and cardio. I was in and out within an hour with no issue of waiting on equipment or being surrounded by posers.

I started doing Body Pump once a week around my normal workout. Then it was half and half. After seeing results within a month which would have taken me 3 times as long normally, I ditched my regular workout and started doing Body Pump 3 times a week with a day of full on cardio.

A bit about Body Pump for those who haven't tried it.
- 1 hour class using light weights with high reps.
- The class has 10 tracks (warm up, squats, chest, back, triceps, biceps, lunges, shoulders, stomach, cool down).
- Each track is roughly 5 mins with sometimes one 10 sec break.
- No breaks between tracks.
- Focuses more on technique than maximum weight.
- Timing varies between reps.

The class is as hard as you want it to be. It's normally full of chicks doing the lightest weight possible who then complain they never see results. Doing 20kgs for a bench press is usually laughable, but when it's for 5 minutes without a break, close to 100 reps with mixed timing, it's pretty full on.

Doing Body Pump really showed me where my weaknesses were. Leg strength was pretty much non existent. Despite my running, my dead lift and lunge technique was terrible. Seeing a lot of the exercises are compound movements, it really increases your core strength.

Anyway enough acting like a sales rep, I'm not trying to sell you the class.

I've been doing this class regularly for 2 year now and constructed a few formula's for weight selection.

Squat
Warm Up x 3

Chest
Warm Up x 2

Back
Warm Up x 2

Triceps
Warm Up x 1.5 - (bar)
Warm Up / 2 - (per arm)
Warm Up / 1.5 - (over head/dips)

Biceps
Warm Up x 1.5

Lunges
Warm Up x 2

Shoulders
Warm Up x 1.5 - (bar)
Warm Up / 2 - (per arm)

Stomach
Warm Up / 1.5

This is what I'm currently at.

Warm Up
15.0 kgs

Squat
42.5 kgs

Chest
30.0 kgs

Back
27.5 kgs

Triceps
20.0 kgs - (bar)
7.50 kgs - (per arm)
20.0 kgs - (over head/dips)

Biceps
20.0 kgs

Lunges
27.5 kgs

Shoulders
20.0 kgs - (bar)
6.25 kgs - (per arm)

Sit ups
10.0 kgs

Shame I didn't start this log 2 years ago as my weight selection was about a quarter of what it is now.

Edited by steveP, 30 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#2 steveP

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

After posting this up I got a bit bored with Body Pump and cut it down to twice a week. I also wanted to mix things up a bit. I think I've gotten the maximum out of the class as I can breeze through it with relative ease. If I up the weight anymore it's pretty much impossible to keep up with the fast paced timing.

Updates in Body Pump since last post:

Squat
45.0 kgs

Back
30.0 kgs

Lunges
30.0 kgs

Originally I was doing 3 Body Pump classes a week and a full cardio day. Now I've changed it to 2 Body Pump classes (to maintain what I can do) and 2 days of various other weights back in the weight room.

My goal is to keep my workout between 1 hour to 1:15 so I'm in and out. If it's any longer I just dread going. So now I just do a mix of the major exercises (bench press, squats, dead lifts, body weighted dips, curls and over head presses).
My goals (in terms of gains) is just to maintain my fitness. Not looking to turn into some monster who puts on 20kgs of muscle in a year or drop down to 5% body fat.

I've been mixing it up with for the last 3 months and was interested to see how my body would react to no cardio at all, but with heavier weights. In the first month I lost 3 kgs, then over the next 2 months, went up 3kgs.

The figures posted below are certainly not my personal best, it's just what I feel comfortable doing one after another. I'm probably at about 75% of PB.

For all my exercises I just keep them to a standard set of 10x, 8x, 6x. So a total of 24 reps.

At the moment my stats are the following (of course I do more exercises, but they are similar weights):

Bench Press
80KG

Squat
110KG

Deadlifts
90KG

Leg Press
150KG

Overhead Press
40KG

Dips
Body weight.

Edited by steveP, 30 November 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#3 steveP

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Probably about time I updated this again. Since the last post (about 6 months ago) I've tried to really clean up my diet. I drink nothing but water, and skim milk only with my protein shakes. I was never a big drinker of soft drinks, but I did used to have an energy drink once or twice a week. I've probably had an energy drink once or twice this year, and that's when I was out in town. I now always have proper oats for breakfast instead of just a coffee or whatever on the way to work. I also eat a lot more chicken breast. The only thing I would like to eliminate from my diet is white bread. I usually take a tuna sandwich for lunch, but I just can't get used to the taste of brown or multi-gain bread. I also still have the random iced coffee now and then.

At the start of the year my weight was 81KG and it's now 78KG after cleaning up my diet. I would ultimately like to be around 76KG and then go back up to 80KG with muscle growth.

Up until about a month ago my workout consisted of Body Pump twice a week and two weight sessions a week. The weights in Body Pump is pretty much unchanged, except going up to 47.5kgs in the squat track. I plan on reaching 50.0kgs by the end of the year, at which point I've maxed out the bar and can't fit anymore weight on.

My two weight sessions consisted of chest, triceps and shoulders one day; legs, back and biceps the other. I would do them two days in a row and usually take the day after off for recovery. For each muscle group I would do 3 exercises with 3 sets of 10. This was a good as I could mix up what I was doing each week, but ultimately I felt like I was cramming too much into each day.

So now my current workout schedule consists of Body Pump once a week (I really don't want to give this up and lose what I've achieved), and 3 weight sessions a week. This has let me work harder in the weight sessions and not really have to take a recovery day because I'm only working 2 body parts at a time. Now I work chest and triceps together, back and biceps, then legs and shoulders.

My following workout plan is as follows.
I start off with compound exercises and then use isolation exercises to fatigue the muscle.
Before each workout I do a 5 minute stretch focusing on abs. 30 sit ups, about 2 minutes of holding a plank and 30 bicycle crunches.
I try to alternate between each muscle group, so a chest exercise, triceps, then back to chest.
I've also catered my workouts to take about an hour.

Day 1

CHEST

- Barbell Bench Press
60KG x 10, 90KG x 10, 80KG x 10, 80KG x 10
(60KG as warm up. I always try for 10 reps of 90KG, but so far I can only get to about 7-8.)

- Dumbbell Bench Press
25KG x 10, 25KG x 10, 25KG x 10 (each hand)
(Just started doing these, no doubt I'll go up in weight in the next few weeks.)

- Dumbbell Bench Fly
17.5KG x 10, 17.5KG x 10, 17.5KG x 10 (each hand)

- Smith Machine Press
60KG x 10, 60KG x 10, 60KG x 10

- Smith Machine Fly
50KG x 10, 50KG x 10, 50KG x 10

TRICEPS

- Cable Extension
20KG x 10, 30KG x 10, 25KG x 10, 25KG x 10
(20KG as warm up.)

- Skull Crushers
32.5KG x 10, 32.5KG x 10, 32.5KG x 10

- Kick Backs
12.5KG x 10, 12.5KG x 10, 12.5KG x 10 (each hand)

- Dips
BW x 10, BW x 10, BW x 10
(I've been doing dips for a while regularly so I've quite good at them and can still do them late in the workout.)

- Overhead Cable Extension
15KG x 10, 15KG x 10, 15KG x 10
(Feels a bit weird to me so working light at the moment.)

Day 2

BACK

- Barbell Deadlift
60KG x 10, 100KG x 10, 100KG x 10, 90KG x 10
(60KG as warm up. Grip strength is a problem here after 2 sets of 10 (100KG), so I need to drop the weight for the last set.)

- Incline Wide Row
45KG x 10, 45KG x 10, 45KG x 10

- Smith Machine Low Row
75KG x 10, 75KG x 10, 75KG x 10

- Lat Cable Pulldown

- Seated Cable Row
50KG x 10, 50KG x 10, 50KG x 10

BICEPS

- Preacher Curl
15KG x 10, 25KG x 10, 20KG x 10, 20KG x 10
(15KG as warm up.)

- Chin Up
BW-25KG x 10, BW-25KG x 10, BW-25KG x 10
(I used to be really good at these but stopped doing them. As the moment using a 25KG helper, but will be reducing by 5KG each week until I'm back at body weight.)

- Incline Dumbbell Curl

- Seated Dumbbell Curl
12.5KG x 10, 10KG x 10, 10KG x 10 (each hand)
(Drop to 10KG for the last 2 sets as my biceps are burning by this point.)

- Barbell Reverse Curl
25KG x 10, 25KG x 10, 25KG x 10
(Working the forearms. This entire workout day destroys my forearms and literally have no grip strength by the end of it.)

Day 3

LEGS

- Barbell Squat
80KG x 10, 120KG x 10, 120KG x 10, 120KG x 10
(80KG as warm up. Can probably go heavier but chickening out.)

- Leg Extention

- Leg Curl
40KG x 10, 40KG x 10, 40KG x 10

- Incline Leg Press
180KG x 10, 180KG x 10, 180KG x 10

- Standing Calf Raise
(These have wrecked by calfs in the last few weeks.)

SHOULDERS

- Barbell Shoulder Press
40KG x 10, 50KG x 10, 50KG x 10, 45KG x 10
(40KG warm up. New to this excercise so starting light.)

- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
20KG x 10, 20KG x 10, 20KG x 10 (each hand)
(Should go heavier here.)

- Seated Side Shoulder Raise

- Incline Reverse Fly
12.5KG x 10, 10KG x 10, 10KG x 10 (each hand)

- Upright Barbbell Row
35KG x 10, 35KG x 10, 35KG x 10
(Good for traps as well as the front of the shoulder.)

This new 5 exercises per muscle group has made such a difference. In the last month since starting this new workout I've been wrecked like never before. I can feel muscles sore for days that I haven't felt in ages. Every muscle group is being overloaded to the point where I'm shaking by the end of the workout. I know a lot of this is because it's something new and it takes your body a while to adapt, but now I feel like I'm hitting every muscle from every possible angle.

Edited by steveP, 06 August 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#4 Dr. Cranium

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Are you changing the weights or reps each session?

#5 steveP

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Sorry, updating now.

#6 steveP

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not much of an update, but tried mixed grip for deadlifts and it was like night and day. Previously where I was struggling with grip strength, it's now not an issue and can focus on going heavier.

Two weeks ago I easily did 3 sets of 100KG x 10. Last week I did 110KG x 10, 110KG x 10, 100KG x 10.

Also went up in squats to 130KG x 10, 130KG x 10, 120KG x 10. Was much easier than I thought and didn't feel much heaiver than 120KG. In squats I try to be slow and steady with increasing weights so my form doesn't suffer. So many people at the gym do half squats, and everyone else doesn't squat at all.

#7 Dr. Cranium

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Get some chalk, makes gripping shitty gym bars a million times easier.

There are 2 racks at my gym and i typically spend up to 1.5hrs in it per session and nobody has ever asked me if i am nearly done, nor have i ever had to wait for one!

#8 steveP

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

I usually only spend 20 minutes max so not to tie up the equipment for other people. Lots of people do dead lifts and rows, oh and can't forget the people doing bicep curls in the racks lol.

#9 earlyreflections

• Car:S15 Spec R

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well done on your squats dude :) I felt the same way, was always a bit chicken to try heavier weights until a friend in the gym said I should be able to push a lot more and now have gone from 80kg squats to 115kg within a few weeks! Hoping to be at 120kg next week :)

Where abouts are you training atm?

#10 steveP

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yeah I think squats are a mental thing more than anything else. The only problem, much like the bench press, is if you bite off more than you can chew, you can't just drop the weight. You want to leave enough in reserve so you don't staple yourself to the rack/bench lol. I think the key is to get your form right when starting light and it will feel natural.

Not wanting to keep bringing up Body Pump, but I think that has helped heaps with form and mentally knowing you can stand back up regardless of the weight. A squat track in a Pump class with have you doing 100-120 squats with no break. Over the years I've just kept loading up the bar and it doesn't get any harder.

I train at the soon to be defunct FF Hindmarsh gym.

#11 Dr. Cranium

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PoststeveP, on 05 September 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Yeah I think squats are a mental thing more than anything else. The only problem, much like the bench press, is if you bite off more than you can chew, you can't just drop the weight. You want to leave enough in reserve so you don't staple yourself to the rack/bench lol. I think the key is to get your form right when starting light and it will feel natural.

Not wanting to keep bringing up Body Pump, but I think that has helped heaps with form and mentally knowing you can stand back up regardless of the weight. A squat track in a Pump class with have you doing 100-120 squats with no break. Over the years I've just kept loading up the bar and it doesn't get any harder.

You can always dump the bar off your back, or use safety bars, or learn how to judge if you are going to make the next rep or not (takes time).

#12 Rasian

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PoststeveP, on 05 September 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

All exercise are a mental thing.
Arnies quote: pick an exercise that you can physically do 6-8 reps and do 12.

#13 steveP

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Bit of an update.

Been strugging a bit with the bench press and couldn't seem to get more than 8 reps with 90KG. I think this is mainly due to not having a spotter so I can't give 100%. Dropped back to 85KG and was able to do 2 sets of 10 quite easily. Been keeping at it and now can consistently do 10 reps of 90KG, followed by another 20 usually broken up into 6 reps at a time.

I've also gone up to 30KG dumbbells for the dumbbell bench press. This is pretty exhausting after doing regular bench presses. Tried bench pressing on a decline but starting getting a bad pain in my shoulder which I've never had before. So not going to continue with those.

Gone up to 120KG deadlifts. So I try for 3 sets of 10. I can only get the first set of 10 at the moment and on the other sets I'll fail on about 7 reps.

With my chin ups I've removed the helper weights and use pure body weight. I'm finding it it actually easier as the helper weights move so slowly.

Probably my biggest update and achievement is going up to 140KG in squats. I was consistently doing 3 sets of 10 without fail with 130KG, so I went up. I've noticed with squats that once you get over the feeling of a very heavy weight on your shoulders, it doesn't really feel any heaiver in the legs. Like the deadlifts, I can only do the first set of 10 successfully, and will get up to about 6-7 reps on the next set. Once I can do 3 sets of 10 again consistently, I'll go up.

Edited by steveP, 19 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#14 steveP

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

An update a few months since the last one.

Decided to try a new routine to go a bit heavier with weights this year. Instead of doing 3 sets of 10 reps, I'll only do 3 sets of 6. Once I can do the full 3 sets without fail, I'll up the weight. So it will be interesting to see how often I can go up in weight. Also I've noticed with doing 10 reps at a time, the first 6 or 7 are usually quite easy and clean, and last few are a test of grip strength or balance.

Having a shorter but more intense workout with weigths will also let me get back into a bit of cardio. Just 1km on the elliptical as hard as a I can on a decent resistance. This usually takes me about 13-14 minutes. So overall my workout length is about the same, or 5 minutes more.

I've been doing this for the last 3 weeks with my current weights unchanged to ease into the new routine. The first week I really felt it and was sore all over after each day, but now It's getting quite easy.

So my current weights before I start bumping them up.

Day 1

CHEST
- Barbell Bench Press --------------- 60KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 90KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Bench Press ----------- 30KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Bench Fly --------------- 17.5KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Smith Machine Press -------------- 80KG x 6 x 3
- Smith Machine Fly ----------------- 55KG x 6 x 3

TRICEPS
- Dips ------------------------------------ BW x 10 x 3 (I'm still doing sets of 10 as it's body weight and I can't really increase that easily.)
- Skull Crushers ---------------------- 35KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Kick Backs ------------- 15KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Cable Pushdown ------------------- 25KG x 6 x 3

TRAPS
- Shoulder Shrug --------------------- 90KG x 6 x 3
- Upright Barbell Row --------------- 35KG x 6 x 3

Day 2

BACK
- Barbell Deadlift ---------------------- 80KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 120KG x 6 x 3
- Smith Machine Low Row --------- 80KG x 6 x 3
- Incline Wide Row ------------------- 45KG x 6 x 3
- Lat Cable Pulldown ---------------- 65KG x 6 x 3
- Seated Cable Row ----------------- 50KG x 6 x 3

BICEPS
- Chin Up ------------------------------- BW x 10 x 3 (Similar to dips, I'm still doing sets of 10 as I'm only using body weight. At the moment I can't get to the full 3 sets of 10, but each week I get a little closer. Currently I get 10 on the first set, then 7 on the second.)
- Barbell Curl -------------------------- 30KG x 6 x 3
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl ---------- 15KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Preacher Curl ----------------------- 20KG x 6 x 3

FOREARMS
- Barbell Reverse Curl -------------- 20KG x 6 x 3
- Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl ------ 10KG x 6 x 3

Day 3

LEGS
- Barbell Squat ------------------------ 80KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 140KG x 6 x 3 (The other week on my last rep of my last set I actually failed and had to drop the bar. That was a bit intense. Luckily it didn't do any damage or draw attention.)
- Incline Leg Press ------------------- 200KG x 6 x 3
- Leg Extention ------------------------ 65KG x 6 x 3
- Leg Curl ------------------------------- 45KG x 6 x 3
- Standing Calf Raise ---------------- 70KG x 6 x 3
- Walking Dumbbell Lunge -------- 15KG (x2) x 6 x 3

SHOULDERS
- Barbell Shoulder Press ----------- 40KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 50KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press -------- 22.5KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Row --------- 17.5KG (x2) x 6 x 3
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press - 80KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise ----------- 15KG (x2) x 6 x 3

Edited by steveP, 20 February 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#15 steveP

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Bit of a minor update. Since starting this new training routine of sets of 6 I've going up in weight in almost everything by 5-10kgs. I'm not going to bother updating the numbers just yet.

One thing that I've wanted to work on though are my squats. Even though I'm probably the strongest in squats regarding other compound lifts, my technique was never 100% when going heavy. I kind of get the the bar across my traps and squat while the bar found the best spot to rest. It felt like I was missing something.

I've since found this article, which is just a lot of common sense, but really emphasises the difference between low-bar and high-bar squats.
http://media.wix.com...1396d38c574.pdf

Posted Image

I recommend everyone read it, whether you squat or you don't.

Last week I tried doing proper low-bar squats, but dropping the weight a bit to 120kgs. I was worried I would over think everything regarding angles and bar position. But it felt natural and I squatted the best, cleanest and deepest squats of my life. All the way down to the depth of the above picture. The bar felt balanced and in the right spot. And my hamstrings were blasted by the end of it.

I've also ditched the walking lunges as part of the leg workout and doubled up on the squats. I figured dropping the bar to 100kgs (for now) and doing a quick 18 reps is far better.

Edited by steveP, 25 February 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#16 steveP

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I haven't been able to get into the gym as much has I would have liked in the last month. A combination of all these public holidays with travelling for work and having a cold has kept me away a few days each week. Hopefully from now on I can get back to my regular schedule and work on my compound lifts.

3 sets of 6 for all exercises.

Day 1

CHEST
- Barbell Bench Press --------------- 95KG (+5) Not a big increase, but I find bench press the hardest exercise to go up in. Still not able to get the last set of 6 reps out. But when I do, I'll go up to 100KG.
- Dumbbell Bench Press ----------- 35KG (x2) (+5)
- Dumbbell Bench Fly --------------- 20KG (x2) (+5)
- Smith Machine Press -------------- 90KG (+10) Thinking of changing this to incline barbell bench press.
- Smith Machine Fly ----------------- 70KG (+15)

TRICEPS
- Dips ------------------------------------ BW (unchanged) This is more of a warm up so there isn't much room from improvement than getting form spot on and deep reps.
- Skull Crushers ---------------------- 45KG (+10) Was previously limited by the maximum pre-set barbells. Now using an Eze bar.
- Dumbbell Kick Backs ------------- 17.5KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Cable Pushdown ------------------- 35KG (+10)

TRAPS
- Shoulder Shrug --------------------- 120KG (+30) The limiting factor before was grip after the about 7 reps. Now I can bang out 6 reps without it being an issue.
- Upright Barbell Row --------------- 35KG (unchanged) Same issue as skull crushers, this is the largest pre-set barbell. I will need to start using the Eze bar.

Day 2

BACK
- Barbell Deadlift ---------------------- 130KG (+10) Deadlifts have been the most consistent exercise where I have been able to increase the weight. 130 certainly isn't much, but it's the heaviest I've deadlifted for reps, coming from someone who never used to deadlift. The day after I'm really sore, but in a good way.
- Smith Machine Low Row --------- 120KG (+40) The limiting factor before was the style of grip. I was holding the smith machine in a row/overhand grip. I'm now using a thumbs-up grip and it feels much better.
- Incline Wide Row ------------------- 55KG (+10)
- Lat Cable Pulldown ---------------- 80KG (+15) This is hard towards the end of the workout. Stuggling with the last set.
- Seated Cable Row ----------------- 60KG (+10)

BICEPS
- Chin Up ------------------------------- BW (unchanged) Same as dips, this is more of a warm up.
- Barbell Curl -------------------------- 35KG (+5) Need to start using the Ezy or do this towards the end of my workout. It's getting a bit easy.
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl ---------- 15KG (x2) (unchanged)
- Hammer Curl ------------------------ 17.5KG I've ditched the smith curl machine as I don't feel it works the stabilising muscles enough. I'm still not sure if I'll stay with hammer curls. I'm finding it really hard to work the biceps to a point where they are sore the next day.

FOREARMS
- Barbell Reverse Curl -------------- 25KG (+5)
- Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl ------ 12.5KG (+5)

Day 3

LEGS
- Barbell Squat ------------------------ 130KG (-10) As stated in a previous update, I dropped down to 120 and started working on my form to make it perfect. I'm now really happy with it and bumped the weight up to 130. I actually set the weight one week to 130 thinking it was 125 and did reps easily without noticing the extra weight.
- Incline Leg Press ------------------- 200KG (unchanged) The last couple of weeks the leg press has been broken so doubling up on squats. Been doing another 3 set of 6 reps with 100KG straight after my regular squats. Feels good man, and have trouble walking the following day.
- Leg Extention ------------------------ 75KG (+10)
- Leg Curl ------------------------------- 60KG (+15) Struggling a bit, but getting there.
- Standing Calf Raise ---------------- 70KG (unchanged)
- Walking Dumbbell Lunge --------- 20KG (x2) (+5)

SHOULDERS
- Barbell Shoulder Press ----------- 50KG (unchanged) Being carful not to use bad form. This is something I can increase soon.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press -------- 25KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Row --------- 20KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press - 100KG (+20)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise ----------- 17.5KG (x2) (+2.5)

Edited by steveP, 10 April 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#17 steveP

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I also did an experiment 2 weeks ago where I would do my regular warm ups with compound lifts, and then do as many reps as I could with the same weight. I repeated this for 2 more sets until I couldn't lift the bar on my warm up weight.

- Bench Press ------ 60KG - 30, 10, 10
- Deadlift ------------- 80KG - 25, 15, 10
- Squat --------------- 80KG - 30, 10, 10
- Military Press ----- 40KG - 20, 15, 15

I guess I'll do this experiment every 3-4 months. It totally wrecked me for that day's workout. I felt like I was catching my breath for the rest of the day and I couldn't move for 3 days afterwards. I think I got so many reps with the bench press because it's such a short range of movement compared to the others. Also I'm strong in squats so I was able to do 30 as well, even though it probably took me 3 times as long.

While I'm at it, I may as well state my goals with compound lifts.

I'll hopefully reach these numbers within the next 3 months as I'm pretty close.
----------------------------- Warm Up --- Reps
- Bench Press --------- 60KG -------- 100KG
- Deadlift ---------------- 80KG -------- 140KG
- Squat ------------------ 80KG -------- 140KG
- Military Press -------- 40KG -------- 60KG

This is my overall goal. I might be able to reach these numbers by the end of next year. Will see.
----------------------------- Warm Up --- Reps
- Bench Press --------- 70KG -------- 120KG
- Deadlift ---------------- 100KG ------ 180KG
- Squat ------------------ 100KG ------ 180KG
- Military Press -------- 50KG -------- 80KG

Also, I've been weighing myself once a week for the last 6 months. Towards the start of the year I was hovering around 78KG. Now about 79KG. I'm surprised I haven't increase more in weight with my heavier lifts, but I'll chalk that up to the amount I eat. I'm just not a big eater.

One thing I have been doing in the last 6 months is increasing my fat intake. I've taken a lot of inspiration from Dave Asprey, the bulletproof dude into bio-hacking. Basically his philosophy is that we need natural fats for brain function, repairing organs and to prevent cortisol spikes. Natural fat is an essential building block for our bodies and with everything being '99% fat free', it's actually turning our bodies into fat storing machines.

Every morning I'll have a spoonful of coconut oil (pure fat) in my oats and a bit of coconut milk in my protein shake. I use natural full cream milk instead of skim. I also cook all my meat in grass fed butter. Not only does it all taste awesome, but I feel great. It isn't some miracle pill to make you lift more, but it takes away that drowsy feel I used to get some afternoons. Before increasing my fat intake I was around 79-80KG. I now feel way more alert during the day and have probably overall decreased my body fat level. Ideally I would like to be around 75KG with a really clean diet.

Edited by steveP, 10 April 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#18 steveP

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Started a new training program as my current one was getting a little stale. I also couldn't feel my body being sore the following day. Before I get to the new program, these are the final stats where all exercises were 3 sets of 6 going relatively heavy. I'll only included what's changed.

Since starting this program towards the start of the year, I've put on 2KG, going from 79 to 81. So it looks to have worked with increasing mass a bit. For me 2KG is a lot as my weight barely goes above 79KG no matter how hard I train.

Day 1

CHEST
- Smith Machine Press -------------- 90KG
- Incline Barbell Bench Press ------ 70KG. My plan is to get rid of most of the smith machine exercises. I only really use them because the gym is packed and it's hard to always use an olympic bar. Feeling it way more with the incline bench press. I've heard that incline chest exercises are better at building strength, so I'll see how it goes.

TRICEPS
- Skull Crushers ---------------------- 41KG. Nothing has changed here apart from calculating the bar weight. I always assumed the Eze bar at my gym was 15KG as it's very chunky. Apparently they are only 11KG.

TRAPS
- Upright Barbell Row --------------- 41KG (+6) Same as the skull crushers, wasn't calculating the weight properly. But was also able to go up by using the Eze bar intead of the pre-set barbells.

Day 2

BICEPS
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl ---------- 17.5KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Hammer Curl ------------------------ 17.5KG
- Incline Dumbbell Curl ------------- 12.5KG (x2) I felt the hammer curls were working the forearms too much and not the biceps.

FOREARMS
- Barbell Reverse Curl -------------- 20KG. Seeing the forearms are a small muscle group that are used throughout the day, I don't think heavy sets of 6 are beneficial. I dropped the weight a bit and started doing sets of 12 reps. Definitely feeling the burn way more, and the following day.
- Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl ------ 10KG. Same as above.

Day 3

LEGS
- Incline Leg Press ------------------- 210KG (+10)
- Leg Extention ------------------------ 80KG (+5)
- Leg Curl ------------------------------- 55KG (-5) Went too heavy and lost my form. Much better now.
- Standing Calf Raise ---------------- 60KG. Same as forearms, dropped the weight a bit and went up to sets of 12 reps.
- Walking Dumbbell Lunge --------- 20KG (x2)
- More Squats ------------------------- 100KG. I didn't feel like I was working the legs enough with walking lunges or isolation exercises. The solution, more squats.

SHOULDERS
- Barbell Shoulder Press ----------- 55KG (+5) Shoulders are starting to feel stronger. Have always struggled with shoulder exercises a bit.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press -------- 27.5KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Row --------- 22.5KG (x2) (+2.5)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise ----------- 15KG (x2) (-2.5) Tried dropping the weight a bit and focus on going really wide and slow.

Edited by steveP, 30 May 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#19 steveP

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I wanted to try a new training program for a few reasons. One of the main factors was to cut down on my gym time. I get to the gym about 5:15pm after work, and once I've changed and done a warm up (stretching, sit ups/plank), it's about 5:30. The existing program on a good day would take me an hour. Then as a cool down/cardio session, I'll do a quick 1KM on the elliptical machine. So I usually leave about 6:45.

With this new program. The warm up and cool down will be the same, but I'm trying to be more efficient with the exercises. I think I was trying to do too much each day. I would have liked to break my weekly plan up into a 4-day plan, but having a rest day during the week gives me a bit of flexibility when something comes up after work. I still do Body Pump once a week as well, so that takes up a day.

Always reading random stuff on the net, I found this program. I'm not following it exactly, but I've taken inspiration from it.
http://www.muscleand...kout-split.html

Basically there are 3 different type of reps/sets for each muscle group; Power, Muscle and Burn (I know, it sounds a little gimmicky).
Power: 3-5 reps
Muscle: 8-12 reps
Burn: 15-20 reps

With this approach, instead of doing say 5 chest and 4 triceps exercises during a session, I'll only do 4 and 3, but with more reps in the later exercises. This means my compound exercises can remain the same. I've been trialling this program for the last 2 weeks and think I've got it dialled in now. It has really shocked my body in a good way. I'm feeling muscles I haven't felt in a while and best of all, I've cut my workout down by 10 minutes a day.

The following is my current program. At the moment I'm struggling to get last set of 24 reps on the last exercises, but apart from that, everything is pretty much spot on with weight and form. As a guide, with set of 12 I'm using about 2/3 of my current weight and with sets of 24 about half the current weight.

Day 1

CHEST
- Barbell Bench Press --------------- 60KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 95KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Bench Press ----------- 25KG (x2) x 12 x 3
- Incline Barbell Bench Press ----- 50KG x 12 x 3
- Dumbbell Bench Fly --------------- 12.5KG (x2) x 24 x 2

TRICEPS
- Skull Crushers ---------------------- 41KG x 6 x 3
- Dips ------------------------------------ BW (81) x 12 x 3
- Cable Pushdown ------------------- 20KG x 24 x 2

TRAPS
- Smith Machine Shoulder Shrug - 80KG x 12 x 3
- Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug -------- 30KG (x2) x 12 x 3. I've replaced the upright row with this at the moment. Will probably alternate between the 2.

Day 2

BACK
- Barbell Deadlift ---------------------- 80KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 130KG x 6 x 3. I really need to get straps or chalk. I've figured it's not my grip strenth that's the problem, but the bar being slippery.
- Pull-up --------------------------------- BW (81) x 6 x 3. I've removed the chin-ups from the bicep workout as I was feeling them more in my back than biceps. And seeing they are now a back exercise, I may as well do the harder version, targeting the upper back and lats. I've also added this as an extra back exercise (one more than chest). I've done this as the back is obviously a larger muscle group and I rarely feel my back the day after. To keep the number of exercises the same, I've cut down on the forearm exercises.
- Smith Machine Low Row --------- 80KG x 12 x 3
- Incline Wide Row ------------------- 40KG x 12 x 3
- Lat Cable Pulldown ---------------- 40KG x 24 x 2

BICEPS
- Barbell Curl -------------------------- 35KG x 6 x 3
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl ---------- 12.5KG (x2) x 12 x 3
- Smith Machine Preacher Curl --- 12.5KG x 24 x 2. Back to the preacher curl. Seeing I'm doing light weight and high reps, I think this will help me target the biceps with good form.

FOREARMS
- Barbell Reverse Curl --------------- 25KG x 12 x 1. Even though there are 3 exercises here, there are only 1 set of each, so essentially the same as 12 x 3. Using 3 different exercises to hit the forearms at all angles. Really feeling this the next day.
- Palms-Up Barbell Wrist Curl ----- 25KG x 12 x 1
- Palms-Down Barbell Wrist Curl - 12.5KG x 12 x 1

Day 3

LEGS
- Barbell Squat ------------------------ 80KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 135KG x 6 x 3. Forgot I was still at 130KG and went up to 135 this week. My body feels nice and strong with these.
- More Squats ------------------------- 80KG x 12 x 3. Like with the back exerises, I've added an extra one here. I've tried walking lunges and other various leg exercises but squats just work. These are straight after my regular squats and destroy my legs and butt. I've also tried to see where I can remove an exercise to make up for this extra leg exercise. But I just can't see where I can cut it from, so this day's session will just take me a little longer.
- Incline Leg Press ------------------- 160KG x 12 x 3
- Leg Extention ------------------------ 40KG x 24 x 2
- Leg Curl ------------------------------- 27.5KG x 24 x 2. I have trouble walking after these. Feels good man.

SHOULDERS
- Barbell Shoulder Press ----------- 40KG x 6 x 1 (warm up), 55KG x 6 x 3
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press -------- 17.5KG (x2) x 12 x 3
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Row --------- 12.5KG (x2) x 12 x 3
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise ----------- 10KG (x2) x 24 x 2

CALFS
- Standing Calf Raise ---------------- 60KG x 12 x 3

Edited by steveP, 31 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#20 steveP

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

I thought my training log (and the training log section) needed an update. It's kind of disappointing to see my last update was May last year, and even more so seeing no one has posted since.

I've been reading other people's logs from years back. Logs were getting updated daily with everyone joining in the discussion. I'll try to get the ball rolling again.

I made more progress within the last year than all my time working out/going to the gym. This was due to the 2013 Max's Challenge. More information/progress can be found here.
http://www.nissansil...howtopic=535724

It really emphasised the importance of nutrition. Throughout the challenge my workout routine remained relatively the same with a bit of extra cardio, but my diet completely changed. 12 weeks of no bad food, snacks or cheat meals. This meant no milk, cheese, sugar, sauces, white bread, white rice, pasta or flavoured drinks. It was hard, but worth it as it makes you really appreciate and see (relatively quickly) how your body reacts to 100% correct nutrition. I, like most people tried to eat healthy, but would sneak in things I shouldn't eat thinking I would burn it off at the gym. And seeing I wasn't really training for anything, who cares if I wrote a week off with no progress or gaining a bit extra. The challenge gave you a set time frame; a goal.

For anyone else who feels the same way, set a goal. For example, to be 10kg lighter in 3 months time, or increase your deadlift weight by the 20th of April. Having an actual date and target to work towards gets you out of that endless cycle of aimlessly going to the gym.

Anyway since my last update. I've changed the weights and workout routines slightly. Firstly, during the Max's Challenge I got hip pain when squatting which made me reduce the weight. I can only put it down to form being a bit off and it took a long time for the pain to go away. I only started bumping the weight back up at the beginning of this year. I had to work around it by using a lesser weight with higher reps. But this got me thinking about my workout routine in general. My only real goal and measurement of success was the amount of weight I was working out with. This is fine if you're a powerlifter, but not necessarily if you're just a regular gym goer who wants to build muscle. I fell into the trap of just wanting to go heavy without really worrying about reps or the best way to overload muscles.

So throughout my workout plans I dropped the weight a bit and increased the reps. I could definitely feel my muscles getting a better workout due to this. I also did a bit of research to figure out the best rep range for muscle development and strength. The general consensus is that a mixture of 12-8 reps will give the best results. Where lower reps of 4-6 will build strength by incorporating more muscle to work together. I guess the main thing to remember is to keep shocking the muscles and not let them adapt with the same routine for too long. A random week of low reps with a really heavy weight or lower weight with high reps will do wonders.

I'll throw in a day once every few months doing a full body workout. Just one exercise per muscle group (Legs, back, chest, shoulders, triceps, biceps). I will use my warm up weight and do 30 reps, then 20 and finally 10. Unlike getting DOMS the next day, you will be feeling it on the way out of the gym.

Edited by steveP, 21 February 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#21 steveP

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Here is my current workout plan. Over the years I've been adjusting the ratio of exercises of say legs vs biceps. With a 3-day split routine, I never felt like I had enough time to work each muscle group sufficiently. Something was always being compromised. I've now written up a 4-day split routine which hits each muscle group hard. From all the trial and error I think I've got it pretty close to being proportionally spot on for all muscle groups.

I've spent the last few months trying each exercise and dialing in the correct weight to the reps. For anyone else trying to figure it out, work out the weight you use for sets of 12. Add 50% and this will be your heavy weight for doing reps of 4-6. Then somewhere in between will be the weight to use for sets of 8.

At the moment I'm doing each weight/rep type for a month straight, then mixing it up. Soon I might try alternating each week and see if this keeps the muscles guessing. Having different options also keeps you from getting bored.

One other significant change is when working opposing muscle groups of say biceps and triceps on the same day. Originally I would do a bicep exercise, then triceps, then back to biceps and so on. I've read that this gives each muscle group too much of a break. I've tried doing all the same muscle group exercises in a row and this give such a better workout.

4-Day Split------------------------High Reps (Size)------------------Low Reps (Strength)

LEGS (Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings - 7, Calves - 2)
- Barbell Squat---------------------------3x (12 x 100KG)----3x (8 x 120KG)------4x (4 x 140KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 80KG)
- Front Squat-----------------------------3x (12 x 50KG)------3x (8 x 60KG)-------4x (4 x 70KG)
- Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift---------3x (12 x 75KG)------3x (8 x 85KG)-------4x (4 x 100KG)
- Leg Press ------------------------------3x (12 x 200KG)-----3x (8 x 250KG)-----4x (4 x 300G)
- Leg Curl---------------------------------3x (12 x 41.5KG)----3x (8 x 51KG)-------4x (4 x 60KG)
- Leg Extension--------------------------3x (12 x 60KG)------3x (8 x 75KG)-------4x (4 x 90KG)
- Dumbbell Walking Lunge (x2)-------3x (12 x 15KG)------3x (8 x 20KG)-------4x (4 x 25KG)

- Standing Calf Raise------------------3x (20 x 55KG)-------3x (14 x 70KG)------4x (8 x 85KG)
- Incline Calf Press---------------------3x (20 x 110KG)------3x (14 x 140KG)----4x (8 x 170KG)

CHEST (5), SHOULDERS (5)
- Barbell Bench Press------------------3x (12 x 70KG)-------3x (8 x 85KG)-------4x (4 x 100KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 50KG)
- Dumbbell Bench Fly (x2)-------------3x (12 x 15KG)------3x (8 x 20KG)-------4x (4 x 25KG)
- Dumbbell Bench Press (x2)---------3x (12 x 27.5KG)-----3x (8 x 32.5KG)----4x (4 x 37.5KG)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press---------3x (12 x 55KG)-------3x (8 x 65KG)-------4x (4 x 75KG)
- Machine Fly----------------------------3x (12 x 50KG)-------3x (8 x 60KG)-------4x (4 x 70KG)

- Barbell Shoulder Press--------------3x (12 x 40KG)-------3x (8 x 50KG)-------4x (4 x 60KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 30KG)
- Dumbbell Rotating Press (x2)------3x (12 x 15KG)------3x (8 x 20KG)-------4x (4 x 25KG)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise (x2)--------3x (12 x 12.5KG)----3x (8 x 15KG)-------4x (4 x 17.5KG)
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise (x2)-----3x (12 x 10KG)------3x (8 x 12.5KG)-----4x (4 x 15KG)
- EZ Barbell Upright Row--------------3x (12 x 37.5KG)----3x (8 x 45KG)-------4x (4 x 52.5KG)

ARMS (Triceps - 4, Biceps - 4, Forearms - 2)
- EZ Barbell Skull Crushers-----------3x (12 x 32.5KG)-----3x (8 x 40KG)------4x (4 x 47.5KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 25KG)
- Dumbbell Kick Backs (x2)-----------3x (12 x 12.5KG)-----3x (8 x 15KG)------4x (4 x 17.5KG)
- Cable Pushdown----------------------3x (12 x 27.5KG)-----3x (8 x 35KG)------4x (4 x 42.5KG)
- Dips--------------------------------------3x (14 x BW)

- EZ Barbell Curl-------------------------3x (12 x 27.5KG)----3x (8 x 35KG)------4x (4 x 42.5KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 20KG)
- Preacher Curl--------------------------3x (12 x 15KG)-------3x (8 x 20KG)------4x (4 x 25KG)
- Seated Hammer Curl (x2)------------3x (12 x 12.5KG)----3x (8 x 15KG)------4x (4 x 17.5KG)
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl (x2)--------3x (12 x 12.5KG)-----3x (8 x 15KG)-----4x (4 x 17.5KG)

- Barbell Reverse Curl-----------------2x (20 x 20KG)-------2x (14 x 25KG)-----3x (8 x 30KG)
- Palms-Up Barbell Wrist Curl---------2x (20 x 25KG)------2x (14 x 30KG)-----3x (8 x 35KG)
- Palms-Down Barbell Wrist Curl-----2x (20 x 10KG)-------2x (14 x 12.5KG)---3x (8 x 15KG)

BACK (7), TRAPS (2), ABS (1)
- Barbell Deadlift------------------------3x (12 x 110KG)-----3x (8 x 130KG)-----4x (4 x 150KG)-----Warm Up (6 x 80KG)
- Barbell Bent Over Row---------------3x (12 x 55KG)------3x (8 x 70KG)-------4x (4 x 85KG)
- Pull-up-----------------------------------3x (8 x BW)
- Machine Low Row---------------------3x (12 x 100KG)-----3x (8 x 120KG)-----4x (4 x 140KG)
- Lying T-Bar Row-----------------------3x (12 x 40KG)------3x (8 x 50KG)-------4x (4 x 60KG)
- Underhand Cable Pulldown---------3x (12 x 60KG)-------3x (8 x 75KG)-------4x (4 x 90KG)
- Seated Cable Row--------------------3x (12 x 45KG)------3x (8 x 55KG)-------4x (4 x 65KG)

- Dumbbell Shrug (x2)------------------3x (12 x 30KG)------3x (8 x 37.5KG)-----4x (4 x 45KG)
- Barbell Shrug--------------------------3x (12 x 60KG)-------3x (8 x 75KG)-------4x (4 x 90KG)

- Weighted Decline Sit-up-------------3x (20 x BW + 20KG)

You might notice I don't have any days working out abs (except for a little on back day). I've tried to fit these in on various days and I just couldn't find a day where they felt right. So what I've done is work them out everyday lightly as part of my warmup/stretching.

Warm Up/Stretch/Abs (Select 1 of each)

TOP ABS (30 reps)
- Sit Ups
- Heal Touch Crunch
- Vertical Toe Touches
- Decline Crunches

OBLIQUES (30 reps)
- Plank Hand/Feet Tap
- Plank Rotation
- Plate Twist
- Mountain Climbers

BOTTOM ABS (30 reps)
- Barbell Ab Rollout
- Cross Body Crunch
- Elbow To Knee Crunch
- Plate/Leg Extend

Edited by steveP, 18 March 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#22 steveP

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Putting up my meal plans as well as they are probably more important than the actual working out. I have no doubt that eating healthy with no exercise will give better results than eating whatever and working out. Personally, the smallest changes in diet gave the biggest and most immediate results.

Since the Max's Challenge has finished I've dialed in my meal plans to be manageable and reasonable day to day. Most people struggle with eating healthy when food preparation is too tedious or boring. So I've managed to take inspiration from the challenge meal plans and work them to what's convenient for me, the macros and goals.

Below is a summary of my 3 meal plans. The Shred Plan was what I was on during the end of the challenge. With such low calories I was dropping weight fast, but also strength. I got down to 69kg. Since the challenge finished I went on the Maintenance Plan and was able to maintain a weight of 72kg while getting stronger.

SHRED----------------(1900 training, 1700 non training)
MAINTENANCE------(2350 training, 2000 non training)
BULK------------------(3000 training, 2500 non training)

Now I'm giving the Bulking Plan a go. I've never really consciously given bulking a go, so the feeling of constantly feeling full is new to me. I've been on the following plan for about 5 weeks. My weight has consistently gone up 1kg a week. Doing some research, people can only build a maximum of 500g of muscle a week, and 250g is more likely. I would be pretty happy to be putting on 500g for every 1kg I gain, but I doubt this is the case. Even if I'm only gaining 250g a week, that's still 1kg a month; so 6kg over 6 months. I'm going to stick with it and measure my results.

----------Calories----Fats--------Protein------Carbs

BREAKFAST (7am)
- 6 egg whites and 2 egg yolk omelette. 2 pieces of wholemeal toast. 80g cottage cheese.
----------506---------------38%-----------39%-------------23%
OR
170g of low fat yoghurt. 60g of oats. 100ml of low fat milk. 20g of raw peanut butter.
----------488---------------31%-----------29%-------------40%

MID MORNING (10am)
- 25g of Max's SuperWhey protein. 10g of instant coffee.
----------96-----------------7%------------84%-------------9%

LUNCH (1pm)
- 300g of tuna. 250g of brown rice.
----------864---------------12%-----------47%-------------41%

AFTERNOON (4pm)
- 40g of raw almonds.
----------240---------------84%-----------13%-------------3%

- 4 rice cakes.
----------120---------------21%-----------7%--------------72%

PRE WORKOUT (5pm)
- 10g of Max's creatine.
----------41-----------------0%------------100%-------------0%

POST WORKOUT (6:30pm)
- 25g of Max's SuperWhey protein.

DINNER (8pm)
- 1 kale shake (100g kale, 50g spinach, 25g celery, 25g Lebanese cucumber, 10g garlic, 10g ginger).
----------84-----------------13%-----------26%-------------61%

- 300g of chicken breast.
----------495---------------21%-----------79%-------------0%
OR
300g of topside beef.
----------531---------------28%-----------72%-------------0%
OR
200g of smoked salmon.
----------342---------------48%-----------50%-------------2%

- 150g of sweet potato.
----------231---------------44%-----------4%--------------52%
OR
125g of brown rice.
----------234---------------15%-----------9%--------------76%
OR
150g of hokkien noodles.
----------242---------------3%------------16%-------------80%
OR
3 pieces of wholemeal toast.
----------299---------------25%-----------22%-------------53%

BEFORE BED (11pm)
- 11g of Metamucil.
----------45-----------------0%------------0%--------------100%

- 5g of flaxseed oil. 5g of psyllium husk.
----------51-----------------98%-----------1%--------------0%

- 25g of Max's SuperWhey protein.

TOTAL

Day 1
- Breakfast: Toast & Omelette, Dinner: Beef & Brown Rice.
----------3003--------------26%----------45%-------------29%
- No Workout (remove Afternoon, Pre Workout & Post Workout).
----------2507--------------22%----------48%-------------30%

Day 2
- Breakfast: Oats & Yoghurt, Dinner: Chicken & Sweet Potato.
----------2946---------------26%----------44%-------------30%
- No Workout (remove Afternoon, Pre Workout & Post Workout).
----------2450---------------22%----------46%-------------32%

Edited by steveP, 27 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#23 steveP

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

For some reason I remembered this log existed the other day. So a bit over a 2 year later check-in.

Training harder than ever. Got into hiking and go every weekend rain or shine for a 2 hour hike with a 10kg weighted vest. Places like this are just 20 minutes from home. Funny, as I used to go on cruises through these hills. Now I'm on foot.

Posted Image

I'm also going to enter my first ever bodybuilding comp in 4 weeks. Still a noob at it all, but thought I'd give it a try.

Progress pics 5 weeks out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!