Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Recommended workshops,tuners, paint & panel, etc - Hardtuned.net

Recommended workshops,tuners, paint & panel, etc 

SA workshops
22 replies to this topic

#1 A31Cefiro

Because I'm suave its ok for me to act like a prick

• Classifieds Items
  • 7,863 posts
  • Car:A31 Cefiro

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm moving to SA in a few weeks and noitced there's a distinct lack of an organised 'recommended workshops' style thread (mainly to help me figure out where to go).

**Keep the slander out of the thread. If somebody asks about a particular shop and you had a shit experience let them know in private. If somebody recommends a place and you disagree, that's fine but tell them the horror story away from the public forum.**

Something along the lines of the below:

Workshop name:
Type of work they do: General mech, suspension, tuning, fabrication, etc
Location: North, South, etc try to supply an address where possible
Contact details:
Comments:

#2 -Gaz-

• Car:CBR, S14

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

We used to have a recommended work shop thread, for many years, but Han deleted it (think it was Han) cos half the work shops

in SA aren't around any more.

ps. Garage 7 - mechanical, fab work, wiring and tuning needs , awesome tuner. (decs)

Am Performance - seen some really nice exhausts come from this place.

Helps Metal Work, great fab work, rad supports , manifolds, piping etc . Good prices too and a top bloke

#3 Simon-S14

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Paint and panel: all type crash in para hills west. Awesome work and know all imports like the back of their hand.

Garage 7 and jaustech for mechanical and tune. Garage 7 can do crazy custom work and special request one off type jobs also.

Am performance for exhaust and anything related, top notch workmanship

Edited by Simon-S14, 05 December 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#4 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Workshop Name: Steve Knight Racetech (SKR) - http://www.skr.com.au
Type of work they do: All manner of modifications in all areas, suspension, transmission, engine/exhaust, braking, forced induction, etc. All tuning is done by Steve on his in-house awd dyno. Although mostly focussed around Mitsubishi/Evo's he turns his hand do anything performance orientated. I've seen Skylines, Silvias, Evo's, Legnums, Sigmas, Stageas, an MG or two, some rally V8's, the list goes on.
Contact details: http://www.skr.com.au (08) 8384 2052 - He's a one man army again now, so please please please leave him a message if he doesn't answer and he'll get back to you. Alternatively, email steve[at]skr.com.au
Comments: Steve worked at Mitsubishi in SA as a fuel systems engineer and has since moved on to running his own shop. His clients bring their cars to him from all over Australia and there's never a shortage of vehicles in his workshop. Steve has a long history with racing and is still racing in Time Attack today. I have no hesitations in recommending Steve to anyone. His workmanship is second to none.

#5 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Workshop name: Steve Tonkes Automotive
Type of work they do: Engine Rebuilding/Conditioning.
Contact details: 8283 3602
Comments: I found this guy from a wrecker - he charged me $40 for a head resurface that he did that afternoon - cleaned it up as well. Also took time to teach me things that I questioned about.

IIRC He used to own a shop but got sick of overheads and what not - so now does it in his backyard.

tl;dr Cheap, Been building engines for years (usually Competition V8s for drags/water boats), Top guy.

Workshop name: Captain Thread
Type of work they do: "Thread Repairs, Remove Broken bolts and studs..."
Contact details: 0407 077 414
Comennts: Need to get that broken turbo bolt out and don't want to play god yourself? Call them to do it for you, for a bit of cash (~$90 I think) the job is done in about 5 minutes stress free. Ask Brenton about his Evo time attack car!

Edited by TheApothecary, 06 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#6 Simon-S14

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Workshop name: MC Windscreens
Type of work they do: Window replacements, Window tinting from mild to wild
Contact details: http://www.facebook....0397640?fref=ts
Comments: Awesome one man operation and good old fashioned service with a smile. top bloke and will go the extra effort to ensure quality work

#7 byebyev8

• Car:354awkw Evo 6

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Workshop name: Boostworx
Type of work they do: Pretty well anything. High power V8's, kit cars, Rotaries, SR20's, RB's, custom conversions. Anything you need I am sure Shaun can help you with.
Contact details: http://www.boostworx.com.au/home.htm 08 8260 5566 boostworx@bigpond.com
Comments: I have been going to Shaun for nearly 9 years. From the original days of my 13bt s2 Rx7 through to, RB25 sil80, R33 GTR, TDO6 equipped 180sx, XR6T and now the s15 he has always provided the most drivable and complete tune out of anyone I have been too. His knowledge of all cars is beyond reproach and whether it be rebuilding rotaries, tuning v8's or servicing your SR he always knows what the best method of achieving your goal is. He is honest and can provide you with the info you need to be able to get the best from your ride and unlike some other workshops his suggested method is not the one that gives him the most financial gain but rather the one that gives you the result you are looking for from your pride and joy. I no longer go anywhere else.

#8 byebyev8

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Workshop name: SA Motorsport Tyres
Type of work they do: Install/Set up Suspension, Street through to Track Tyres, Wheel Alignment
Contact details: http://samotorsporttyres.com.au/ 08 8332 3920
Comments: I only recently started using these guys and they are very good. When I dropped the s15 off to get camber, castor, toe arms and new tyres installed the first thing Adam did was talk to me for 10 mins about how I wanted to use the car, where I would mainly be driving and what sort of tyre wear I deemed acceptable. As I didn't want it guarding in anyway Adam was straight to the point that after my guards were rolled bring it back if there was any guarding and he would tidy it up and readjust the alignment. I did just that, we readjusted the front height, readjusted the alignment too suit and he didn't charge me a thing. Great customer service, and great value on tyres and work.

#9 byebyev8

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Workshop name: Crispin Crash
Type of work they do: High quality paint work, resto's, panel beating.
Contact details: 08 8357 4244 Ben 0408 289 202
Comments: If you are looking for somewhere to get cheap repairs for your track car..... This is not the place! However if you are someone who wants top quality work done at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. Ben's work is second to none and he will keep you informed the whole way through getting you to check his work to ensure you are happy with the result. He recently filled the spoiler holes on my boot and it was completely metal finished to an unbelievable standard, he also did some minor guard work that came out better then I ever could have imagined. He will not always be the cheapest but he is by far the best value for money when you see the quality of work that leaves his shop. If you are anal about your car, go speak to Ben!

Edited by byebyev8, 19 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#10 sleepr

• Car:s15

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Workshop name: SA Motorsport Tyres
Type of work they do: Install/Set up Suspension, Street through to Track Tyres, Wheel Alignment
Contact details: http://samotorsporttyres.com.au/ 08 8332 3920
Comments: I only recently started using these guys and they are very good. When I dropped the s15 off to get camber, castor, toe arms and new tyres installed the first thing Adam did was talk to me for 10 mins about how I wanted to use the car, where I would mainly be driving and what sort of tyre wear I deemed acceptable. As I didn't want it guarding in anyway Adam was straight to the point that after my guards were rolled bring it back if there was any guarding and he would tidy it up and readjust the alignment. I did just that, we readjusted the front height, readjusted the alignment too suit and he didn't charge me a thing. Great customer service, and great value on tyres and work.

+1 to this, Adam is a top guy and does good work.

Workshop name: Gough's Radiators & Mechanical Service
Type of work they do: Cooling Systems, Air Con and Mechanical
Contact details: 08 7225 0892
Comments: In my experience Steve is very knowledgeable and still provides thorough old school service. Had two cooling systems and some light mechanical work done and I am very happy. He found and rectified the slow coolant leak in the wife's car in one visit, something the "factory trained workshops" haven't been able to do in 5 years. Yaaay!

#11 maiky-s15R

• Car:99 s15 SPEC R

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Who is
A decent
Painter these days close to cbd area?? Need some pods lips painted

#12 sharkey

• Car:rb25 cefiro

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

I need my bonnet touched up (paint fade)
And my front bar fixed up (genuine plastic)
Who would be good/decent priced south of the city?

#13 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Workshop name: EFI Carburettor & Auto Tuning Services
Type of work they do: Carburettors
Location: Central - City Dismantlers complex around the back/side in a workshop
Contact details: 8260 1877
Comments: Excellent guy (didn't catch his name), knows his carburettors back to front, if he can't help you he'll tell you where to go that can!

Edited by TheApothecary, 22 April 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#14 Foaley

• Car:R32 gts-t type M

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Are there any workshops/business that support Hardtuned in SA? I'm looking at some working shops to help out our members.

#15 sean133

• Car:commodore

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Don't think so

#16 Foaley

• Car:R32 gts-t type M

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postsean133, on 24 June 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Don't think so

Ok, I'll start looking for workshops/business to look after our members. I already know a few places amd will look into the ones members have suggested.

#17 A31Cefiro

Because I'm suave its ok for me to act like a prick

• Classifieds Items
  • 7,863 posts
  • Car:A31 Cefiro

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Local sponsors.... I've only been banging on about it for 2 f**king years but it falls on deaf ears. If Loz or another admin would draft a local sponsor's price guide I'll happily ring/visit workshops. The idea is that it would be local shops that offer services like mechanical, tuning, etc. No parts shops as they can ship stuff interstate and would be abusing the 'local' part of the idea.

#18 luke 92

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Workshop name: Japanese Motorsport
Type of work they do: All Mechanical type work (Genuine & aftermarket parts (new and used) defect removal, servicing, suspension, brakes, custom fabrication, engine conversions, engine rebuilds/modifcations etc.)
Contact details: (08)83635555 japanesemotorsport114@gmail.com
Comments: Go out of there way to help, good prices, friendly staff, Nissan Gurus, have used them myself and very happy with the work they did, no complaints

#19 sleepr

• Car:s15

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Workshop name: Main North Automatics
Type of work they do: Diffs and Gearboxes
Contact details: 8262 3154
Comments: They know their stuff and are very helpful. Go see Damien, top guy.

#20 TN

• Car:S15, S14A

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

Workshop name: Affordable Paint Repairs- Ryan
Type of work they do: Spray Painting/ Paint Correction (Cut,Polish Wax)
Contact details: 0430 297 482
Comments: Guy is a qualified painter. Does extra work on the weekend for extra cash. This guy is cheap and his work is pretty good. I needed a roof spray and rear quarter panel fixed. did it for $500. Then cut,polish and buffed the whole car for an extra $100.

-Front bar Bonnet- $150
-Roof from $200
Full cut and polish from $250
Full re-spray from $3000

here's some pics of before and after.
Attached Image: IMG_2987.JPG

after
Attached Image: IMG_3396.JPG

after cut/polish and buff
Attached Image: IMG_3395.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_3438.JPG

Also on my black s15, i had swirl marks from over the years. gave it to him and couple of days later it came out looking like brand new from the show room.

His facebook page:
https://www.facebook...79760?ref=br_tf

#21 v.rps13xXx

• Car:nissan 180sx type x

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Anyone know were they repair or replace aftermarket immobolizer remotes ? Remote shit itself...

#22 SuperMazdaKart

• Car:93 Familia GTR

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Does it happen to be a Tisonics one? If it it then the company it's turned into is still around in Adelaide & they were able to repair my alarm/imobi/turbo timer unit when some capacitors cracked in the module.

#23 -Gaz-

• Car:CBR, S14

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

Captain Thread - Paul Dinys - 0412844451 http://www.captainthread.com

Mobile thread repairs. affordable as. Came to me. Did a top job. Heli coiled my alloy sump as

I was to lazy to take it off. Cheers fella! Top bloke as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!