Looking at buying Evo 7,8 or 9 

42 replies to this topic

#31 sunnysingh

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

which one did you pick up? What mods does it have and how much power?

#32 Agresr_SA

• Car:Evo 9........

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

i was after a black one ( as i like black cars n my 15 was black) but had to settle for a silver one...
got cams, bigger turbs n injectors all other shit that comes with
whole car decked out in carbon fibre inside n out
n sound system.....good buy i reckon....265kw all wheel i think...<br>

#33 JDM EVO

• Car:Evolution VI GSR

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostAgresr_SA, on 11 July 2010 - 11:22 AM, said:

i was after a black one ( as i like black cars n my 15 was black) but had to settle for a silver one...
got cams, bigger turbs n injectors all other shit that comes with
whole car decked out in carbon fibre inside n out
n sound system.....good buy i reckon....265kw all wheel i think...<br>

http://www.carsales...._Ntt=ix&trecs=4

It was this ^^ one wasn't it?

If so good choice man.

I envy you!

#34 Agresr_SA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

yeah man lol
bought it off jason
i mite (prob most likely) paint the car to lambo reventon color......somthn heaps darker.....as it not black<br><br>u knw the history of that car?<br>spoke to steve knight it seems pretty clean to me with all the top quality parts....<br>

#35 sunnysingh

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Very nice- congrats! Jason really took care of that car, each time it went onto the track it was serviced immediately after. Good buy.

#36 Agresr_SA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

View Postsunnysingh, on 11 July 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

Very nice- congrats! Jason really took care of that car, each time it went onto the track it was serviced immediately after. Good buy.

cheers man
yeh i cant wait til go to the track thrash it arnd a bit lol

#37 sunnysingh

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

maybe I should buy Sanjeets and whack on some rims on it eh? hmmmm... decisions decisions

#38 Agresr_SA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

lol r u after a red one?? done fair bit of km tho.....anything over 50thou km is heaps to me cos its a new car...

#39 sunnysingh

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

View PostAgresr_SA, on 11 July 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

lol r u after a red one?? done fair bit of km tho.....anything over 50thou km is heaps to me cos its a new car...

I'd rather buy a car with higher k's that has been maintained than getting one with very limited service history and low kms... but then thats just me.

I know what that guy is like when it comes to servicing of his cars and so on, he had a silver 05sti with 110,000kms on the clock and not even one mark... Still the best 05sti I've seen in adelaide no doubt.

Edited by sunnysingh, 12 July 2010 - 02:45 AM.

#40 headlock

• Car:Evolution IX

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Good buy dude. 265kw at the wheels, 27,000km. Lovely. You dont need to do anything to it - just enjoy.

what sort of turbo is it running btw?

#41 Agresr_SA

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

3076 i think...im thinkin of running bigger compressor housing for more power
n change few things to my likings lol

#42 Rocky88

• Car:JK Rubicon

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm looking for a VIII atm. I'd love an MR but they still go for about 30k and my budget is 25k. What should I be looking for and what questions should I ask? On all forums people say they are bulletproof but I'm sure there are a few small things I should look for.
Is it better to get one just above 100,000k's with timing belt and clutch done or one with around 60-80k on clock and no major service done.

#43 headlock

• Car:Evolution IX

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

timing belt is pricey just like any car, i'm about to do mine and i reckon it's gonna be at least $1200., that's Timing belt, alternator belt and new water pump (might as well do it all while it's apart) plus labour. It may come to more but i reckon that's a safe estimate. Mine's at 75,000km

but it's up to you if you consider KM to be a problem or not. Pretty bullet proof cars, as long as everything's been maintained you're fine. You'll pay less for a high km model.

Things to look out for

- faded brembos - means it's spent some time on a race track. Not a big deal if the owner has maintained it properly, but if a guy says his never raced it - and the brembos are faded to f**k - you know he's lying.
- AYC pump / diff - do a few slalom turns and make sure you dont hear any weird whining / moaning from the back end. They aren't cheap to replace, but they aren't really that common a fault. People tend to kill the AYC diffs on race tracks or launching the car.
- If it's 8MR or 9, make sure 5th and 6th engage properly. The taller gears in the 6 speed are a bit more fragile than the 5 speed.
- fluid changes. make sure the diff fluids have all been changed at the proper intervals.
- clunking noise in front suspension at low speed - NFI. So many of them do it, it's just become accepted haha. I think it's something under the car knocking something else. Could also be loosish strut top nuts, worn suspension components, or bung shocks. If everything checks out and it still makes a clunk, it's probably just the notorious evo front end clunking noise.

that's probably about it, i've had my 9 a few years and have had 0 issues with it.

Edited by headlock, 17 September 2012 - 04:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!