Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Gym wankers - Hardtuned.net

Gym wankers 

769 replies to this topic

#1 zeropsi

• Car:Fagstra

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Not sure if there's already a thread but stole the idea from BB.

What stories of gym wankers do you guys have? Every gym has atleast one.

I train at home nowadays but back in the day I saw a guy come in, pick up a set of dumbells way to heavy for him. Pull about 4 reps swinging his entire body to get momentum, then dropped the dumbells, flexed and screamed YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! at the top of his voice.

#2 nakmuay

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

hahahahah wow. i do muay thai n get alot of dudes come thru who think they r awesum after like 2wks of training. had this 1 dude talk himself up soo much n i hate doing this but my trainer told me to give him a bit of a touch up n put him in his place sparring.

#3 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Oh I got a plenty.

At my old Gym, Fitness First in Chaddy, There used to be this one bloke; We called him Hadouken, As he had the same haircut as the Anime character; He was cycling roids; He has been in the news twice so far for being busted for selling illegal shit as a Chemist. He was a decent sized bloke, Some would say the copy of Zyzz. Talked like a douche, Wore yellow Adidas tracksuits to the gym, Drove a yellow 2001 Porsche boxter (poor mans porsche).

He was a decent sized boy, Pretty big; Yet he could only DB Press 35kg; Could only EZ Bar preacher curl 27.5kg x 4; Never did squats or deads, So his back/legs were pitiful; He had the worst stats, And to make it more funny, When he would DB Press or anything where he was maxxing himself out, He would seriously "HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"..... You could hear it across from the gym; Would laugh every single time; Was hilarious :lol:

There have been many; Just all the same idiots who can't do lat pulls down properly, Nearly snapping their spine, Guys going Ass-To-Grass 1mr squats of 60kg, f**king their core up completely..... I just laugh and continue on training.

#4 arabian_drifter

• Car:type X

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

View Postnakmuay, on 12 October 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

hahahahah wow. i do muay thai n get alot of dudes come thru who think they r awesum after like 2wks of training. had this 1 dude talk himself up soo much n i hate doing this but my trainer told me to give him a bit of a touch up n put him in his place sparring.

I heard they call u iron mike aswell at your gym to.

#5 Scotty.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Heaps..

There's always the skinny kids attempting to barbell curl waaay too much. Sure they succeed... by swinging their entire body.

I had a pretty bad rage moment today.
Leg day. Squatting 120kg (the most I squat for reps). Some douchebag comes to grab a plate from the squat rack as soon as I start my set.
The tool was messing around right where the end of the bar moves through as I squat. Gave up waiting and racked the bar after only 2 reps.

He had earphones in, so luckily he didn't hear what I thought about him

#6 Shark

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

View Postzeropsi, on 12 October 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Not sure if there's already a thread but stole the idea from BB.

What stories of gym wankers do you guys have? Every gym has atleast one.

I train at home nowadays but back in the day I saw a guy come in, pick up a set of dumbells way to heavy for him. Pull about 4 reps swinging his entire body to get momentum, then dropped the dumbells, flexed and screamed YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! at the top of his voice.
OH. EM. GEE.

:lol: There is no way on earth I could have managed to contain my laughter if I was in your position.

#7 23-GTR

• Car:Bicycle

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

At my gym (adelaide uni gym) theres this asian guy that wears these short shorts, but then he has the need to roll them up further and walks around with them riding up his crotch, not a pretty sight. He mainly does deadlifts and squats and everytime he does it he gives off an enourmous RRRRRRRGGGGGGGNNNNNNN!!!! everyone can hear him its so annoying

#8 -traedayz-

• Car:01 EVO 7 GSR

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

I done a bit of time about 7 years ago used to train in the gym with some pretty big boys anyways one day this tall lanky dude walks in mouthing off saying I could do a 1000 push ups sit ups etc butts in on one of the guys doing bench he presses about 40kg for two reps and prances around the gym acting like a knob again.

He got smashed behind the gym before muster and was moved to minimum before we got let back out :lol:

I've only been to a normal gym a handful of times for these kinds of reason preferring to train at home or with mates, (haven't trained in nearly 2 years now though having a family and all) planning to do another set up In my garage when I get some space back.

#9 Nic19

• Car:Two tone s13

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

People that come to the gym in jeans shit me.

People that drop weights shit me the most.
And people that swing weights instead of doing controlled reps.

No individual stories but those few things really annoy me.

#10 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

The idiots wearing "Skins" do my head in. Your in a gym with controlled temperature.

I can understand the dropping weights thing, Does my head in when i'm pushing out the last couple of reps and all i feel is the wobble in the ground and hear the BANG as im lifting; But I do the same thing when im DB pressing 50kg dumb bells.. I cant exactly sit back up with 50kg db's :lol:

The idiots who swing when DB curling... The guys who swing when Lat pulldowns are even worse; I've had to stop a couple before because I swear they were going to snap their spine. The guys who stand at the f**king DB rack, Taking up room, Blocking the mirror just to do fkn DB curls are by far the worst; Trying to spot myself and keep form right, And these clowns are right up the front just standing there between sets, They don't even move!

3-4 guys who use 3-4 flat benches for the same exercise in a packed gym at 5pm.... grrrr....

#11 Ayhizzle

• Car:1991 s13

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

i have a few who come to my gym and work out just chest and biceps. and they wear mega gym singlets and flex throughout their whole workout

#12 -Truck-

• Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

-douches who chalk, belt up and use wraps for 100kg deadlifts
-stinky as f**k indians, literally make the whole gym stink of BO
-people taking weights off a bar/rack im using without asking

one bloke really f**ks me off, almost to the point of me wanting to drop him. hes built for an asian, arrogant as f**k. doing sets with db just drops them. takes weights without asking. spits on the floor occasionaly. walks around like hes king shit even though in reality he is acctually small with a low body fat (BIG WHOOOP *milkshake*). tries to walk through you if your in his way. and what really f**ks me off the most is, without fail the maggot parks in the disabled carpark every time hes at the gym...lower than low. makes me want to give him a legit reason for him to use the carpark..

#13 Marko

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

we've got on guy at my gym who thinks hes mike tyson. he spends about 5min in front of the mirror shadow boxing thinking hes tough shit and then does 1 set of weights then pretends to skip without a rope and gets back to shadow boxing.

theres another guy who looks like sly stallone and he wears a belt all the f**king time. even on the treadmill walking hes got the belt on. another story is these 4 asian guys who are skinny as all f**k trying to lift big weights and they only go through about 10% of the range of motion. they get 40kg db's and just bend their elbows and go back up. i feel like dropping the weight on their heads.

#14 zeropsi

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Should have signs everywhere in every gym. Form > Weight.

#15 booostin

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

View Postnakmuay, on 12 October 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

So true many blokes think this when they sign up for some martial arts training. I known this guy for years for example. He has always talked so much shit about weights and boxing when ever he gets on his egotistical rants all you have to do is just agree or go "oh really" "wow" "crazy" as he mutters on.

I used to train in the next room to him in a pcyc. Anyway he had been talking up how his boxing trainer said hes fully ready to start going to professional and that he was going to get him to spar this guy to initiate him or someshit. So I said to my trainer I wanted to go watch this guy spar and as I walk in I see his trainer talking to a well toned guy. Then I hear this dude talk, he was mega gay as in HOMOS-EXUAL, also it turned out the guy I know had to spar the fairy.

The dude I know GOT ANNIHILATED!! :lol: I was trying to hold in my laughter so I just left.

I saw him a week later or so when I was at the pub and I asked him how he went knowing he didnt know I was there aaaand he went on with his bullshit. meanwhile his mate he trains with walked up behind him mid conversation and proceeded to explain how he got trounced by that gay guy. Pretty much everyone at the bar heard everything and were pissing themselves laughing. :lol:

Hes quietened down a lot these days. :lol:

#16 -fill-

• Car:180sx

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

cant stand the guys who wear belts and dont push big weights. Got this one guy who wears a sleeved skins shirt but rolls it up so people can see his "definition". Wears a belt but never deads or squats. Only does arms and minimal chest with poor form. Don't see the point of a belt and always struts like his shit don't stink

#17 zeropsi

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Posted Image

Like this.

#18 -Truck-

• Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Anorexic Blokes posing with thier abs out claiming to be ripped even though a malnourished Ethiopian could lift heavier than them.

#19 zeropsi

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

I have zero body fat and weight 50kg, so I do sit-ups once a week...LOOK HOW RIPPED I AM BRAH.

#20 MRSR20

• Car:s14a

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

The 16 year olds that db curl far to much shit me. Their form is ridiculous and makes it worse is they look around to see if anyone saw them after they've managed to push out 6 of the wonkyest reps.

#21 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Guys that use the same dumb bells for 3 sets and sit around for 5 minutes between each set.

#22 Mandi

• Car:180 & R33

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

Did anyone else read this topic title and immediately thought of jays comment from the in betweeners "bus wankers!!!!"

#23 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

- People that make it clearly known they are doing heavy weights by dropping them and exaggerating it.
- People who sit at a bench/machine for 10-15 mins when everyone else is waiting on them.
- People who bicep curl in the squat rack.
- People who have their earphones so loud everyone else can hear it. Shut the f**k up.
- People watching you like a hawk and ask to do a set between yours. Just let me finish and it's all yours buddy.
- People who wear the smallest thinnest shoe possible. Those fag looking things which are basically a sock with a thin shoe sole.
- People who stand in front of the db racks blocking everyone else.
- Groups of asians who use a machine for an hour. I don't know why they do it. Randomly, once a week, there will be about 10 asian people at the squat rack or a machine and they will all have a go and chat between sets. Effectively preventing anyone else from using it that day.
- Dudes who wear massive v-neck singlets, it's so unnecessary unless you like other dudes checking you out.
- Dudes who blatantly perve on chicks. Nice way to make everyone awkward.

#24 Mandi

• Car:180 & R33

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

View PoststeveP, on 13 October 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

- People that make it clearly known they are doing heavy weights by dropping them and exaggerating it.

Are you serious, people actually do that!? Hahaha that's hilarious

#25 -fill-

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Yep. Loud grunts when they lift it and once they finish a set, instead of attempting to place it on the ground they throw it on the ground, stand up and walk around like they saved someones life

#26 Enjoi

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

View Post-Truck-, on 12 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

one bloke really f**ks me off, almost to the point of me wanting to drop him. hes built for an asian, arrogant as f**k. doing sets with db just drops them. takes weights without asking. spits on the floor occasionaly. walks around like hes king shit even though in reality he is acctually small with a low body fat (BIG WHOOOP *milkshake*). tries to walk through you if your in his way. and what really f**ks me off the most is, without fail the maggot parks in the disabled carpark every time hes at the gym...lower than low. makes me want to give him a legit reason for him to use the carpark..

Sounds to me like you're the Gym Wanker.

#27 anth0ny

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

View PostMandi, on 13 October 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

Did anyone else read this topic title and immediately thought of jays comment from the in betweeners "bus wankers!!!!"

LOL i did! :whistle:

but people that stare me down at they gym... that really annoys me.
it's like they come to the gym just itching for a fight...

also, kids with bad form/skinny kids who flex a lot and take pics. <_<

Edited by anth0ny, 13 October 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#28 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

There was this indian dude who would do half my weight in Body Pump. Yet he would regularly drop the weights on the floor and let out a big sigh of relief. I guess it's easy to look tough when you're surrounded by chicks.

#29 zeropsi

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

View PostEnjoi, on 13 October 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

View Post-Truck-, on 12 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Sounds to me like you're the Gym Wanker.

Seriously, f**k off.

I hate when someone comes over to spot you when you clearly don't need it. Then they start yelling words of encouragement making both party's look like f**king bellends.

And Mandi, that's where I got the thread title from lol.

#30 SR20_TOY

• Car:S15

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

View PoststeveP, on 13 October 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

- People who sit at a bench/machine for 10-15 mins when everyone else is waiting on them.
- People who bicep curl in the squat rack.
- People who have their earphones so loud everyone else can hear it. Shut the f**k up.
- People watching you like a hawk and ask to do a set between yours. Just let me finish and it's all yours buddy.
- People who wear the smallest thinnest shoe possible. Those fag looking things which are basically a sock with a thin shoe sole.
- People who stand in front of the db racks blocking everyone else.
- Groups of asians who use a machine for an hour. I don't know why they do it. Randomly, once a week, there will be about 10 asian people at the squat rack or a machine and they will all have a go and chat between sets. Effectively preventing anyone else from using it that day.
- Dudes who wear massive v-neck singlets, it's so unnecessary unless you like other dudes checking you out.
- Dudes who blatantly perve on chicks. Nice way to make everyone awkward.

^^^^ THIS!! I'm glad someone else feels the same way about those stupid slip on sockshoes! ahhh for some reason they make me so angry, theyre like crocs but worse! lol :whack:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!