Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
365 day Challenge - the right diet, the right training - Hardtuned.net

Jump to content


365 day Challenge - the right diet, the right training 

gym strength bodybuilding
46 replies to this topic

#1 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey my fellow gym junkies

havent been on here for a very long time thought id post a few videos i have on youtube to an upcoming documentary my friends and myself are doing atm. its a film that revolves around everything to do with gym and its surrounding lifestyle... my aim is to publish a full 1hr 30minute film next year around march. For the moment i have uploaded some amatuer trailer videos of myself, and a couple of my friends who have taken up the 365 day challenge. - basically doing right diet and the right training to achieve their own personal self goals.

a little bit about myself: im 5ft9" Im basically aiming to hit 85 kg bulk and strip down to about 78 kg 10% body fat. i am also ALL NATURAL, i havent taken steroids before in my life and i do not intend to, it really all depends on how far i want to go next year bulking season and if i want to compete etc.

Anyway i started filming our gym progress for our own personal gains wanting to see how far we can change ourselves in 1 complete year. We have been sticking to a fairly strick diet and train minimum 6 days a week (since late january 2012). the people i have chosen for the film have been selected for a reason, one of them is overwieght, and two of them are skinny. people want to see CHANGES, BIG CHANGES!!!.

I have always been a casual bodybuilder but never understood anything about nutrition etc. I started properly this year in january and the following videos is basically a compilated archive of videos from january to march.

We are currently seeing a regular GP doctor, a nutritionist, getting a dexa scan and seeing professional bodybuilders who will be in the film, i am also following an amatuer teen that is competing this year. In the actual published film, it will explain everything from diets to working out, exactly what we did and if we achieved our goals.

I posted this up to see if any of you gym junkies could maybe send me some advice on the video, what you would do and anything related to making the video better.

2> if any of you guys have made an archive of yourself whether it is just photos / videos containg your past and present and would like to be part of the 365 day challenge let me know via pm, but you have to be 100000% serious.

I currently go to powercor / atomic / rmit bundoora / 5 star so if you see me around dont b shy come up and say hi :), always good to see a new face

Mark
enjoy!

Myself

Deniz

Miguel

trailer:


#2 Dean

  • Joined:10-April 05
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:nissan kouki

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

that is awesome dude!! and you are pretty big for 70kg from when you started!! I am currently sitting on 73kgs and no way near that size... but I have joined with a mate and currently trying to bulk myself.. but lookin at you at 70kgs.. I would e happy with that size :P

anyway... look forward to seeing your progress dude :)

#3 SRS13

  • Joined:10-April 04
  • Location:Australia NSW

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Mate, that is brilliant. Hats off to all you guys. Wish you all the best with it.

IMO you looked better at 70kgs than at 75. Its a graphical display of how the weight covers the natural muscle definition. It's still there but you have to flex to get it to really stand out. I have to cut 3-5kgs at least i reckon...

Would be great to know what your diet, supplement intake is - if you can share it without giving away too much!!!

#4 Shark

  • Joined:14-April 05
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Migual seems almost the same as me. Similar height and body type, loses size quite quickly if training/diet stops. I also have an irregular shaped spine and shoulder problems from a motoX accident.
I find it very easy to build my back, but my biceps are the hardest for me and I struggle getting them to grow (also the same).

This is a fantastic documentary you're doing, and I think it will end up being quite motivational for many people as it gives a few different perspectives/body types from different people.

I think if you could find someone who's never stepped foot in a gym before, or who is very skinny (ie: 60kg mark), and get them to transform that would be incredible. I've seen a few threads on bodybuilding forums of such transformations, but its a totally different thing if you put it in a doco like this.

As SRS13 mentioned, it'd be great if you could disclose each of your diets and supplement intake too.
(or will that be in the final video?)

Edited by Shark, 01 May 2012 - 04:18 PM.


#5 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

cheers for the ideas guys, basically everything we have will be put onto the documentary thoroughly exactly what we eat, how realistic it is to stick too... no hiden gimick in the video i will be showing exactly of everything we are all taking... and yes i am all natural..

As for someone that hasnt stepped a foot in gym, yes i already got someone atm im still building up the filming for them so yes i do have a very skinny guy atm.

if u guys got anymore ideas throw em up here

thanks for the feedback

-your gym junkie mark

#6 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostShark, on 01 May 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Migual seems almost the same as me. Similar height and body type, loses size quite quickly if training/diet stops. I also have an irregular shaped spine and shoulder problems from a motoX accident.
I find it very easy to build my back, but my biceps are the hardest for me and I struggle getting them to grow (also the same).

This is a fantastic documentary you're doing, and I think it will end up being quite motivational for many people as it gives a few different perspectives/body types from different people.

I think if you could find someone who's never stepped foot in a gym before, or who is very skinny (ie: 60kg mark), and get them to transform that would be incredible. I've seen a few threads on bodybuilding forums of such transformations, but its a totally different thing if you put it in a doco like this.

As SRS13 mentioned, it'd be great if you could disclose each of your diets and supplement intake too.
(or will that be in the final video?)

this will all be in the final video unfortunately, however if u want to know what im taking to bulk send me a pm and i will happily give u my daily intake routine.

#7 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

im glad to see a few people msging me about advice on diets, GUYS dont be shy and fkn ask questions if your unsure ask! post in here or pm me im always happy to help.

btw now weighing in at 77kgs wohooo lol no six pack heres some photos:

BULKING STAGE

end of febuary Febuary 70kgs

Attached Image: 1(1).JPG

Attached Image: 4.JPG

Attached Image: 6.JPG

end of April 76kgs

Attached Image: 3.JPG

Attached Image: 7.JPG

Attached Image: DSC_0437.JPG

my goal is 85kg bulk

all natural no steroids of any kind

#8 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Are you like 5' flat lol, big for 76kg.

Need some heavy squats and lunges to seperate those Quads!

#9 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

And if you want to compare photos, take unflexed photos, rather than flexed.

#10 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostDr. Cranium, on 09 May 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

And if you want to compare photos, take unflexed photos, rather than flexed.
here we go! :)

everytime we take photos its not after a pump because we do want to get the true physical look to compare, here it is:

January
Attached Image: image-1336561373-V.jpg

April
Attached Image: DSC_0437.JPG

as for legs definately im dying to get bigger legs which is one of my weak points for sure.

View PostDr. Cranium, on 09 May 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Are you like 5' flat lol, big for 76kg.

Need some heavy squats and lunges to seperate those Quads!

5ft 9 :) wish i was 6ft

#11 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Heavy Squats and Stiff Leg Deadlifts = big quads.

And the unflexed shots actually look more impressive in regards to transformation. This is what i like, instead of people talking, you guys are actually doing. Nice work.

You train at Bundoora RMIT? I'll be there in June at the Health Innovations Research Institute for a week, would be good to do a session with you guys/talk gym.

#12 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostDr. Cranium, on 09 May 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Heavy Squats and Stiff Leg Deadlifts = big quads.

And the unflexed shots actually look more impressive in regards to transformation. This is what i like, instead of people talking, you guys are actually doing. Nice work.

You train at Bundoora RMIT? I'll be there in June at the Health Innovations Research Institute for a week, would be good to do a session with you guys/talk gym.

send me a pm in advance before u come down to our area, be good to have a chat :)

thanks for the advice talk soon

#13 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postrtr_510, on 09 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostDr. Cranium, on 09 May 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Heavy Squats and Stiff Leg Deadlifts = big quads.

And the unflexed shots actually look more impressive in regards to transformation. This is what i like, instead of people talking, you guys are actually doing. Nice work.

You train at Bundoora RMIT? I'll be there in June at the Health Innovations Research Institute for a week, would be good to do a session with you guys/talk gym.

send me a pm in advance before u come down to our area, be good to have a chat Posted Image

thanks for the advice talk soon

No worries,

Any advice/queries/ want to talk about just PM me on here, always down to discuss things (had my own gym/business etc.).

#14 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

4 months in quick video blog



enjoy

#15 SRS13

  • Joined:10-April 04
  • Location:Australia NSW

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Great stuff.

Farkin unbelievable bench press weights for your body weight. Yeah your not going all the way down but the weight is still incredible.

Keep it up mate!

#16 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

69*2 = 138kg :P

But seriously, bring the weight down all the way down, get your spotters hands off the bar and touch your chest. When you only go half way down you miss out on the most effective muscle building range and you miss out on working the speed portion of your bench press (powering off the chest). It will hit the ego, but the gains will be far superior.

And what is your diet like? At 75kg you should be able to bulk without losing all your abs.

#17 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sorry I that seemed blunt and unstructured, on my phone lol

#18 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

yeah will try next time to go lower close to the chest i get alot of different advice last person told me dont go all the way down try not to hyper extend your shoulders when your bench pressing... ill try and make the changes. diet will be shown in the final video :P

new member of 365 days, kendre Pepa for all you kiwi's out there.



#19 SRS13

  • Joined:10-April 04
  • Location:Australia NSW

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

His diet is crazy! Bulking and having a sick pack at the same time would be very hard.

Re the bench, at that weight, its probably best not to go all the way down. Agree about potential shoulder damage going too far down. On the lighter weights to get the full stretch, its not a problem but at that weight, once your hands are level with your chest (the bar probably an inch to an inch and a half or so above your chest) I reckon that is enough just to ensure avoiding an injury. I do this now on the heavier weights as I tore my tendon in my shoulder a few years back and once your hurt your shoulders like that your stuffed.

#20 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostSRS13, on 12 May 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

His diet is crazy! Bulking and having a sick pack at the same time would be very hard.

Re the bench, at that weight, its probably best not to go all the way down. Agree about potential shoulder damage going too far down. On the lighter weights to get the full stretch, its not a problem but at that weight, once your hands are level with your chest (the bar probably an inch to an inch and a half or so above your chest) I reckon that is enough just to ensure avoiding an injury. I do this now on the heavier weights as I tore my tendon in my shoulder a few years back and once your hurt your shoulders like that your stuffed.

If you have a bad shoulder, do close grip.

At the height you are pressing at, your triceps are taking most of the load and the chest is hardly activated. You miss the stretching phase of the lift aswell as the part in which your lats act in tandem with your chest.

The spotter is also taking the load off your stabilisers, the only time he should touch the bar is to pick it up off your chest. Your set is over once the spotter touches the bar.

Heavy overhead work is also the key to building a big strong chest, take a look at the olympic lifters, only do overhead, huge chests!

#21 dezz

  • Joined:22-November 05
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:'98 R33 GTS-T

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Not exactly on topic, but who are you doing your apprenticeship with? What trade school etc?

You look familiar even though I don't think I've ever seen you lol

#22 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I go victec lygon st on fridays electrician

#23 dezz

  • Joined:22-November 05
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:'98 R33 GTS-T

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Yeah same but I'm there on Tuesdays...

#24 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

our other member marcus



#25 180_mph

  • Joined:28-May 03
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostSRS13, on 12 May 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:


Re the bench, at that weight, its probably best not to go all the way down. Agree about potential shoulder damage going too far down. On the lighter weights to get the full stretch, its not a problem but at that weight, once your hands are level with your chest (the bar probably an inch to an inch and a half or so above your chest) I reckon that is enough just to ensure avoiding an injury. I do this now on the heavier weights as I tore my tendon in my shoulder a few years back and once your hurt your shoulders like that your stuffed.

If you have weak shoulders or worried about shoulder damage you shoudln't be benching at all, bench press is shit for your shoulders.
Every man and his dog has an excuse why they can't bench to their chest, the only real excuse is they are weak minded people.
If you can touch the bar on your chest with lighter weight, then you can do it with heaver weight no worries as you shoulder can move through that range of motion, obviously.

Same as people that can squat to take a dump, yet put a bar on their back and suddenly they have bad knees, bad backs, bad ankles, and their cousin Fred said it is no good.

#26 SRS13

  • Joined:10-April 04
  • Location:Australia NSW

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Every man and his dog has a view about what to do and what not to do and what works and what doesn't... who's to say who is right and who is wrong??

If it makes you feel like a man cause you can touch your chest with your bench press then good on you mate, your obviously not a weak minded person.

#27 -Truck-

  • Joined:19-March 10
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hurting yourself or risking injuy aside, Both competition or textbook methods of bench press stipulate that a rep consists of touching the bar to the chest. Not a few cm high but nor bouncing it either, more of a skim if anything.

#28 sinista evo

  • Joined:09-May 05
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:R34 GTR

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

This is a fantastic idea that you and your buddys have come across. Its great your showing the realism involved the ups and downs. Keep up the good work and after the 365 days should be interesting to see the end results.

#29 180_mph

  • Joined:28-May 03
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostSRS13, on 18 June 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Every man and his dog has a view about what to do and what not to do and what works and what doesn't... who's to say who is right and who is wrong??

If it makes you feel like a man cause you can touch your chest with your bench press then good on you mate, your obviously not a weak minded person.

The point of the matter is that a bench press touches your chest.
I dont give a toss if you bench halfway or only a 1/4, hell i do when i'm doing partials.
But they are just that, partial bench presses. It's not a bench press.
You can't run a 100m sprint, stop at 80m and say you've done a 100m sprint. You can stop no worries, who cares, but you only ran 80m.

#30 rtr_510

  • Joined:13-June 06

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

just a quick update.

heres a couple more videos if any one of you are interested. comments welcome.. btw still aiming for a "six pack" havent yet hit my goal which will be updated towards early next year.

also i have two girls that have joined the 365 day challenge. check out the newest videos:

mark


Georgia - new member


cheers and keep smashing the gym boys and girls





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!