Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Supplement Reviews - Hardtuned.net - Page 9

Supplement Reviews 

supplement review
249 replies to this topic

#241 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

NPR33, on 04 September 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

You're honestly wasting your money on the majority of these supplements. They are just expensive stimulants, and are all pretty much the same.

I keep a tub of the Bulk Nurtrient pre workout caps in my bag and down them only if I'm feeling really flat, the caffeine and B vitamins do give a good energy boost.

At $39 bucks for 120 tabs they will last me 6 months.

Sorry to bump such an old thread (especially such a useless one) but does anyone know which caps npr is talking about. I can't tell which ones he is talking about on the Bulk Nutrients site.

I don't think they are particularly common, but I am after a pre-workout supplement in capsule/pill form (doesn't have to be from BN). Not a test booster or anything, just a wake me up for the odd times I'm feeling flat. Something with stimulants / caffeine etc. Would be really convenient to have capsules in stead of carrying around a tub and shaker.
cheers

#242 SRS13

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

They sold them until a little while ago but not available anymore. They posted something about a lot of their products were not able to sold in Australia due to some law changes so they pulled those products from retail - most were from the pre-workout section. This was after the 1.3 stuff was banned.

Go buy a little shaker, between 400 and 600ml max or even a bottle with a lid. make sure its dry, put the pre into it and then add water later!

#243 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

ahh yes, can't believe I didn't join the dots - a fallout from the dmaa knee jerk reaction :'(
For now I will just hit up no doz or bring an empty bottle as you mentioned.
cheers

#244 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

There's a protein powder I'm using by mvp called pro whey. Has all kinds of good stuff in it and I use it as a pre and post workout as it gives me nice kick of energy for about 30 minutes.

And it's a good price. $130 for 4.5kg

#245 Wrexy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

And its one small scoop, so it will last ages too

#246 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

What's the percentage of protein?

#247 Wrexy

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

48%

24g

#248 steveP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Yeah that's one thing I've tried to improve in the last year, the quality of my protein powder. If you're bulking you can get away with powders that are 40% protein where you can get 5kg for $100. But then you need to take more, and in the end you're not really saving any money.

I now look for powders that are at least 80% protein which is usually a blend of WPI and WPC. I'm currently using Max's SuperWhey which is $140 for 4kg.

Edited by steveP, 05 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#249 Wrexy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

https://supplementwa...p?ProdID=125370

https://supplementwa...p?ProdID=125742

Price is about the same, yours is 3 scoops, mine is 1.
Also the mvp is designed for use with water, no more milk for me as I need to cut

#250 steveP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I just had a look at the serving suggestions on that website and it's really quite random. 3 scoops at once with milk isn't listed anywhere on the Max's packaging or anywhere official. No one would be taking 3 scoops of protein at a time regardless of the brand.

Yours says 24g of the 32g serving size is protein. Which is 75%. The website gives the nutritional info in a weird way.

Milk vs water is also totally up to the person. I think that website is a bit misleading with their info. Good prices though. Like I said, check the protein percentage as that's ultimately why you're taking it.

Edited by steveP, 05 February 2014 - 11:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!