Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
What do you guys eat? - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

What do you guys eat? 

150 replies to this topic

#61 Rasian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postfree_state, on 12 August 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

If macros were set and they were engaging in exercise and receiving proper macrinutrients in a calorie deficit then no.

That's not to say it isn't beneficial in either ways.

But when you look at an overall diet and someone eats say a Mars bar in the afternoon and it fits calories and.macros then no it's going to make 0 real world difference.
People need to eat and do to thaw context of their goals and lifestyle. If you sucking hate sweet potato eat rice who cares? Eat white bread instead. What possible difference can it make at all?

People need to do things for their goals, I have clients who dent give a suck about health. I have clients who only care about health.

Point being if you like coca pops eat them. Will it change the world compared to oats?

So your point is that; As long as someone is getting the right macro's it doesn't matter what foods they come from ? I would agree with that I guess but the reality is that your not going to get the correct macros from a mars bar or soft drink .. Driftkid , what actual advise would you give to OP about improving his diet ?

Yeh well that's right.
Lol guys this was not what I expected hahaha. All i wanted is to know what you guys ate haha.But yeh, your not going to get your macros through eating crap usually. As dr cranium says it has to be like 95% clean and a little crap. But on the comtrary, there is research shown that through eating
Complex carbs over simple. And a correct diet, will promote better gains. I probably agree with that coz when I bulk i see much brtter gains when eating cleaner. You know instead of eating anything.

Tbh Id prefer a few recipes which takes under 20-30 min to cook. Anyone got any good ones would be very mich appreciated.

#62 saadn

• Car:JDM s15

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

george forman and a f**k ton of crushed garlic. i can cook 5kgs of chicken in half an hour

#63 free_state

• Car:s13 ca18det

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Try the thai food section in the supermarket , Heaps of quick to make good tasting meals , I usually use chicken but you can use fish or pork and all you really have to add is coconut milk , fish oil and sugar .. oh and rice .

#64 Rasian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

reases everything..

hes eating

10:00am-- 100grams rice 425 can of tuna in o/oil and vegs
12:30pm- same as above

2 and a half hours later when food is still there he is re stuffing his stomach with 425g of tuna? almost 1kg of tuna a day are we f**king mad?
thats 200g of tuna within 2 hours. 900kcal of tuna each time and not including the rice.

This is an excellent example of it being better to add easier to eat food if your calorie requirements are so high. This is where u can eat something that you want and can fit it in?

Whats your current macros and calories and tdee?

Yeh. Actually I eat 3 cans
A
Day. But the third one doesn't really go down lol. I usually eat 1/2 to 3/4 and eat the rest later haha.
I haven't set out a macro yet. As i said ive just pulled iut of a bodybuildig comp. But my maintenance lvl for my body/matoblism is like 3800 calories. (well it was) I'm only 20 yrs old so yeh.
I just want to maintain my body as it is for now for summer until next autumn. Then I'll start fking bulking like f**k!!!

#65 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostRasian, on 12 August 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

reases everything..

hes eating

10:00am-- 100grams rice 425 can of tuna in o/oil and vegs
12:30pm- same as above

2 and a half hours later when food is still there he is re stuffing his stomach with 425g of tuna? almost 1kg of tuna a day are we f**king mad?
thats 200g of tuna within 2 hours. 900kcal of tuna each time and not including the rice.

This is an excellent example of it being better to add easier to eat food if your calorie requirements are so high. This is where u can eat something that you want and can fit it in?

Whats your current macros and calories and tdee?

Yeh. Actually I eat 3 cans
A
Day. But the third one doesn't really go down lol. I usually eat 1/2 to 3/4 and eat the rest later haha.
I haven't set out a macro yet. As i said ive just pulled iut of a bodybuildig comp. But my maintenance lvl for my body/matoblism is like 3800 calories. (well it was) I'm only 20 yrs old so yeh.
I just want to maintain my body as it is for now for summer until next autumn. Then I'll start fking bulking like f**k!!!

What would you substitute for tuna

There comes a time when you just man up and eat shitty tasting food, some people have this ability and others don't.

#66 Rasian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well as I said I fking hate it man. I'm holding my balls and drowning myself with water to eat it rverday lol.
But you gotta eat to grow right? I mean I know dudes thy eat till they throw up and wake up at 2am for another feed.

I'd substitute tuna for anything tbh. As long as it's quick. I don't have enough time to be spending hours cooking everyday so that's why tuna in can works best for me. That's also why I would appreciate great high protein recipes in under 30 min lol.
Thanks guys for the above.

Well as I said I fking hate it man. I'm holding my balls and drowning myself with water to eat it rverday lol.
But you gotta eat to grow right? I mean I know dudes thy eat till they throw up and wake up at 2am for another feed.

I'd substitute tuna for anything tbh. As long as it's quick. I don't have enough time to be spending hours cooking everyday so that's why tuna in can works best for me. That's also why I would appreciate great high protein recipes in under 30 min lol.

#67 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Got evidence to back that?

I see you have 2 protein shake meals right next to each other.

Do you know whey absorbs at about 8g per hour max when ingested solo. And transit time is what say 9 hours average.

Why are you having another one probably within 2 hours then?

I use a pea protein isolate because i am well allergic to dairy.

I take those during the day for convenience because i am usually stuck at work or in front of my computer and don't have time to stop. Yes i should be more organised lol.

#68 Rasian

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

A lot of people think that's flawed anyways. Otherwise you can eat as much maccas and won't get fat. There has also been research which say your body is more than capable of absorbing 20-30g protein in 1 sitting and is able
To absorb over 350g protein in a day.

#69 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

No it means I probably know more then you though.

:lol: They irony.

#70 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostRasian, on 12 August 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

That's also why I would appreciate great high protein recipes in under 30 min lol.

Get one of these.

Posted Image

Best thing in my kitchen. Grilled chicken breast in about 10 minutes and steaks in about 6. Easy to clean too.

Used to have a George Foreman but that was like playing with an Atari as it's very crude with no control. Where the Breville is a PS3 with pressure sensitive top plate and heating control.

Edited by steveP, 13 August 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#71 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Read through this thread if you're after more ideas - http://forum.bodybui...php?t=139865173

Some quick alternatives to tuna I use are chicken breast and turkey mince.

Chicken breast I dice up (takes 2 mins), season (cajun, lemon pepper etc. 5 seconds) throw in a frying pan and cook (8 or so mins)
While the chicken is cooking I'll be cooking something else in the microwave at the same time. I use the decor microwave containers, fill it with boiling water, then throw either rice, pasta, vegies in and zap it in the microwave for 8 mins. So that's a full meal done in a bit over 10 mins. I'll usually cook up a few days worth at once because then you can relax the rest of the week as your meals are done.

Eggs are another thing that's cheap, quick & easy. Boil a dozen one night and you can divide them up for a few days for snacks.

#72 Andrew R

• Car:C33 laurel

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

I don't know how you guys have time for all this food! I work in construction so I get up at 4am and have to be out the door by about 25 passed 4, usually get one break around 10:30 and don't get home till about 4pm.

I'm pretty f**king unhealthy, just started on the path to rectifying the last few years of beer, parmy's and take away but I'm struggling with easy things to throw together. I have plenty of fat to burn before I get too serious but currently my diet roughly revolves around;

2 pieces of toast and a banana for breakfast
Either a couple of sandwiches or last nights left overs, followed by a couple of yogurts, a banana, apple, maybe a tin of tuna
When I get home from work I'm usually starving so I have more bananas or apples, maybe a sandwich instead
Dinner's whatever my girlfriend cooks, usually steak or stir fry or casserole stuff, plenty of salad or veggies
Might have more fruit or yogurt between dinner and bed

I've just started back at the gym, not really doing a heap of cardio, more weights followed by 500m of rowing in under 2 minutes a couple of times (sounds so weak when phrased like that but it ruins me) and I take my dog for a 45 minute walk most days.

Is there any major errors in there that I can fix keeping in mind the hours at work aren't too flexible?

Thanks guys!

#73 Rasian

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

First of all quit the excuses man. Don't say you don't have time, don't have the will, don't have the strength, I cant push the last rep etc.
You make time for bodybuilding, bodybuilding doesn't make time for you.
One of my best mates a chippy and he works 12 hr days like you. He makes time for everything. He also has one smoki like you at 10:30. That's why he muches on protein bars/ prepared chicken breasts all day too lol.
It's all mind over matter.
Preparation is the key for food man. I used to cook for all my ex-gf's just coz I know what to make.
Cook meals for 2-3 days straight.

Tbh, there has been inconclusive evidence suggesting to eat 6-7 times a day. If you can the calorie count in 2-3 meals, by all means do it. Doesn't make a difference to your matabolism, so some evidence suggests.
But yeh preparation is everything. Can't stress enough on it

#74 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostRasian, on 13 August 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

First of all quit the excuses man. Don't say you don't have time, don't have the will, don't have the strength, I cant push the last rep etc.
You make time for bodybuilding, bodybuilding doesn't make time for you.
One of my best mates a chippy and he works 12 hr days like you. He makes time for everything. He also has one smoki like you at 10:30. That's why he muches on protein bars/ prepared chicken breasts all day too lol.
It's all mind over matter.
Preparation is the key for food man. I used to cook for all my ex-gf's just coz I know what to make.
Cook meals for 2-3 days straight.

Tbh, there has been inconclusive evidence suggesting to eat 6-7 times a day. If you can the calorie count in 2-3 meals, by all means do it. Doesn't make a difference to your matabolism, so some evidence suggests.
But yeh preparation is everything. Can't stress enough on it

proper preparation prevents piss poor performance. will elaborate when i am on the computer. what do you weigh?

#75 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

i dropped 10kg over about 6 weeks just by eating 6 meals a day. all the same shit i would normally eat, just divided into 2. i don't go to the gym or do anything like that. i'm too lazy.

#76 Andrew R

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I weigh 107 and I'd be 180-185cm tall so obviously got a lot to do before I'm too concerned about muscle mass.

I understand where you're coming from, that's why I'm trying to work out quick snacks and stuff and I guess I'll have to see what I can smuggle in my pockets throughout the day

#77 DRIFTKID

• Car:Stagea

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 13 August 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

i dropped 10kg over about 6 weeks just by eating 6 meals a day. all the same shit i would normally eat, just divided into 2. i don't go to the gym or do anything like that. i'm too lazy.

You can't of lost weight unless something changed. Your body doesn't care how many meals it got.. it cares about overall calories.. that's like saying I got an extra 200km out of my talk of petrol because I flicked up every 20L instead if all at once. Its not how it works.

You either ate less calories/ increased protein to decent levels or increased activity .

You can eat all your calories in 4 hours it doesn't make any difference to body composition.

You dirt have to eat every 3 hours in fact there is stone research suggesting fasting as a better alternative.

#78 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 13 August 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

You can't of lost weight unless something changed. Your body doesn't care how many meals it got.. it cares about overall calories.. that's like saying I got an extra 200km out of my talk of petrol because I flicked up every 20L instead if all at once. Its not how it works.

You either ate less calories/ increased protein to decent levels or increased activity .

You can eat all your calories in 4 hours it doesn't make any difference to body composition.

You dirt have to eat every 3 hours in fact there is stone research suggesting fasting as a better alternative.

Most of the research i read also pointed to an increase of nitrogen in the urine in the groups which ate larger portions less often compared to the group eating over 10-12 meals per day (same amount of calories). Which makes sense because if you eat 150g of protein in 1 sitting the body would not be able to absorb it all as opposed to spacing it out over 6-8 meals.

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

#79 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostAndrew R, on 13 August 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I weigh 107 and I'd be 180-185cm tall so obviously got a lot to do before I'm too concerned about muscle mass.

I understand where you're coming from, that's why I'm trying to work out quick snacks and stuff and I guess I'll have to see what I can smuggle in my pockets throughout the day

You need to change your lifestyle towards being healthier and making better choices in regards to the food you put in your body.

You can cook 3-4 days meals in one hour if you really want to. Best things to snack on is cans of tuna, boiled eggs, protein shakes, protein bars etc.

The best results come from what you do in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Set yourself a meal plan and stick to it 90% of the time, be consistent in your training and the losses/gains will come.

#80 blingcommander

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

nope. same food, same lifestyle, same job.

#81 DRIFTKID

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 13 August 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

And I put octave booster in my car and got an extra 100.kw.

It's true

#82 blingcommander

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

meh, that is my experience. take it as you wish. really doesn't worry me

#83 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 13 August 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

View Postblingcommander, on 13 August 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

And I put octave booster in my car and got an extra 100.kw.

It's true

Do you have a mental breakdown when something can't be explained by science?

#84 DRIFTKID

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

No why would I? I don't then decide to make shit up to suit ny inability ti understand a concept.

I like to base information in credible reliable truth.

If we want to believe a bunch of bullshitt gibberish I would just recommend every one to poliqens website.

#85 DRIFTKID

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

No why would I? I don't then decide to make shit up to suit ny inability ti understand a concept.

I like to base information in credible reliable truth.

If we want to believe a bunch of bullshitt gibberish I would just recommend every one to poliqens website.

#86 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

No reason other than i am bored and stirring.

You going on to do post grad stuff in nutrition?

#87 DRIFTKID

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

My goal is mbbs or maybe medical science.

Sit gamsat see what happens

if no luck though then masters in human nutrition.

#88 Dr. Cranium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Gamsat is relatively easy (although i have not sat it) as long as you do the required study and are not a total hack at writing essays. Most unis double or triple weight the third section.

#89 Rasian

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postblingcommander, on 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

meh, that is my experience. take it as you wish. really doesn't worry me

Drift is right. LOL at car jokes haha.
You must have eaten less. As I was saying earlier, doesn't make a difference eating 7 meals over 2, if you can get equalivent calories. You must have ate less. You only split up your meals to eat more. Imagine me trying eat all that in 1 sitting. I can't do it.

And dr cranium is right and I like how he put it. It's not what you train it's what you do in the kitchen.
There is a common gym saying. 60-20-20. 60% of the time be concerned with food.20% for sleep and training.
I see so many people in the gym training hard, yet after 2 yrs still minimal results. Ofcourse, thus is bad dieting. Btw since you said u are 107 kg. Don't do cardio to lose weight. Do it through diet.
TRUST ME. To all the fatties out there. It's SO MUCH easier losing weight than to gain weight.
Your in a good position here, try to maintain all the weight you can. You want to be a little fat when you bulk, I get up to 14-15% bf some people 18.
But now is you cutting phase. Eat lean, e.g macros 60-20,20, or 50,25,25. Protein carbs and fats.
Walk to burn fat calories, (it's better than running anyways, they draw upon more
Of you glucose store/glycogen)

Edited by Rasian, 14 August 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#90 Andrew R

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

That's kind of what I was going off. Turning fat into muscle as opposed to losing it then trying to put muscle on. I've done a bit of reading around the place but it all gets pretty confusing.

Does my current diet sound like it will get the results? I've cut out as much sugar as I can, only drink water, skim milk and an occasional glass of vege juice too.

I was thinking about the protein stuff but thought that stuff was more for people who know what they're doing and are well into their routine. Any recommendations for protein bars and powders for someone at my level? I've done some reading here and there but you all sound like f**king scientists when it gets to that stuff.

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks heaps for the tips!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!