It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

tattoos 

98 replies to this topic

#1 schmenz

• Car:93 Mx5 Clubman

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hey girls,

For my 21st im thinking about possibly getting a tattoo or a piercing or something...

The reason why i posted in here is i want to know girls experiences with tattoos and also what tattoos you have and/or photos of them too!

Im thinking about just getting a small one of my starsign as it obiously means something to me, but i really dont know in terms of pain and crap like that!

If i was to get a piercing it'd only be my bellybutton as i was ment to get it done years ago and never did!

thanks for your help.

Jenna

#2 Sheepy

• Car:92 Nissan Silvia

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

I think that's a great idea, getting a tat. I got one just after my 21st, fairly small on my right shoulderblade. It doesn't hurt at all though it does depend on the sensitivity of the area you get it in. Tat's in my opinion don't always have to mean something, you just have to be prepared to live with it for a loooong time :lol:

Good luck!

#3 schmenz

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for the info. I wanted mine on the side of my neck near my ear, near my hairline, like rhianna, i think that looks cool... but yeah painful!

#4 bubbley_bubby

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

I have a tattoo on my left ankle and my bellybutton is pierced also. I got the piercing done when I was 15 and the tattoo when I was 20.

Iíd recommend not to rush getting a tattoo. I spent about a year trying to decide where and what to get. I designed a tattoo of my star sign and the infinity symbol (as this is what my name means) I had a play around with it and decided I wanted it simple and black. Then I got it done. I have a fairy high pain threshold. It didnít hurt as much as I thought it is more a scratchy burning sensation more that a stabbing pain. It did hurt when he went over the bony parts though, and I found it hard to keep my foot still as it would jerk by itself.

If you want to get something done quickly and something that isn't permanent I'd suggest going with the belly ring. I got my belly button done 8 years ago and it has only been slightly infected once. You need to make sure you keep it clean and be careful with it when you first get it as it needs to heal. I kept my initial belly ring in for 6 months before swapping the jewellery. It didnít hurt when the needle went in but more when they yanked it back to get the ring in. After that it was fine.

Iím actually planing on getting a small tattoo on my inner wrist soon.

#5 schmenz

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Thanks, im still not sure what i want! damn it, lol. knowing me i'll forget about it and do nothing!

#6 BoSsY_CiViC

• Car:94 Eg Hatch

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

hey everyone
i agree with bubbley_bubby
i wouldnt recommend rushing into getting a tattoo
i have two now..
i am absoulutely petrified of needles and cry when i get blood tests but i found that tattoos dont actually hurt..
they do a tiny bit but its a rewarding kind of pain.
i first got the chinese symbol for courage on my lower back to see if i could handle the pain, then got butterfly wings put around that and just before my 21st bday i got an ankh with angel wings done on the top of my back in the middle. (ankh=egyptian sign of life)
when i get home tonight ill put up some pics
i prefer for my tatt to mean something because you do have it forever..
something thats there for when your down you can just look at it and remeber (courage for example!!!)
my next one i want a shooting star on my foot and PLW on the inside of my left wrist
(My dad has always called me his Peskie Little Woman and hes really sick so thought thatd be nice 4 him and me)

Hope that helps :)

#7 Annie's_S13

• Car:S13 SR20DE

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

I dont have any tats but I have wanted one for ages. What I would recommend is finding the tattoo you absolutely love and keeping the picture with you so you can always look at it or see it. If after a while ur sick of it find a better one, if you like it still get it done. That what I keep doing but I cant get one atm

Goodluck with it all!

#8 BoSsY_CiViC

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

View PostAnnie's_S13, on Jan 2 2009, 11:35 AM, said:

I dont have any tats but I have wanted one for ages. What I would recommend is finding the tattoo you absolutely love and keeping the picture with you so you can always look at it or see it. If after a while ur sick of it find a better one, if you like it still get it done. That what I keep doing but I cant get one atm

Goodluck with it all!

:thumb: :thumb: Very spot on idea Annie's S13!!!!
i did that with my first one

#9 aRiella34

• Car:R34GTT

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hey,

DEF get a tatt...............

But for every tatt I have its been important for me (even if it doesnt mean something realy deep) to think about it for a few months and make sure that im not going to one day turn around and hate the design/colours/placement etc.....

Think about WHERE you are getting your tattoo as mch as the tattoo its self, positioning is just as important.

Actually, im thinking about getting a pirate ship soon...................just not sure where to place it? Still thinking about that one!!

Good luck

#10 clairexx

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

That sounds like a great idea.

I would think fairly seriously about where you get one though.

A lot of people still have very traditional views on tattoos, and not just older people.

I wouldn't hire any staff that have visable tattoos or facial piercings. I am certainly not against them but in my opinion visable tattoos on girls looks nasty and is inappropriate. I have piercings myself and I will be getting a tattoo soon but I have them in places that are easily covered up for work etc.

I think you should get one and getting something that means something to you is very important as well but I am just giving you an opinion from an employers perspective as I know you work in a fairly conservative job at the moment.

#11 Kurokishi

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

in regards to the tat... get it where you wont be able to see it everyday.... also..think about having that same tat when you are 60.... it might look good when your young... but think about what it is and where on your body it will be when your a lot older...

i want to get a tat....have for years.... so im all for that idea...

also, i had my belly done when i was 17.... just make sure you get it pierced with a normal belly ring.... not some fancy spider one like i did cos the hole healed with a very small amount of skin between the piercing and my actual bellybutton and i had to remove it in fear of ending up with a pig snout as my belly button!

good luck J

#12 aRiella34

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

View Postclairexx, on Jan 2 2009, 02:06 PM, said:

but in my opinion visable tattoos on girls looks nasty and is inappropriate.

Claire,

Id have to disagree and say on the "right" genre of people tattoos dont look nasty or inappropriate, in saying that, I only have one tatt that is visible on my ankle that Ive had for 5 years, so no biggy for work or anything like that.

#13 schmenz

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

thanks for all the replies girls!

Im a fan of tasteful tattoos for sure, not random ones really. I definitely agree with what skye is saying about when you're old and stuff, thats why i plan on getting my star sign somewhere, since well i cant change my bday, lol. plus it means something to me for sure.

i think my mum would kill me if i got one, but ahh well, lol.

#14 bubbley_bubby

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

View PostaRiella34, on Jan 2 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

Claire,

Id have to disagree and say on the "right" genre of people tattoos dont look nasty or inappropriate, in saying that, I only have one tatt that is visible on my ankle that Ive had for 5 years, so no biggy for work or anything like that.

Same mine is on my ankle and to tell you the truth most people don't notice it until it's pointed out to them.

I mean that said I wouldn't get a full arm tat.... and I don't think I'd go lower back either.....

#15 clairexx

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

View PostaRiella34, on Jan 2 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

Claire,

I could probably deal with an ankle tattoo or something like that because when you deal with customers people generally do not stare at your feet lol.

I just think that a lot of girls get silly tattoos as well and that doesn't help.

I have no problems with tattoos on guys, unless they are totally ridiculous or meaningless. I just have a different view for girls for some reason.

#16 schmenz

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

i do tend to agree thats why i only want one little one but as i said knowing me i wont do it, lol. im a bit slack sometimes... maybe if i get my belly done then i can tone up some more! incentive is good, lol.

#17 aRiella34

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

View Postclairexx, on Jan 2 2009, 02:43 PM, said:

View PostaRiella34, on Jan 2 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

Claire,

I could probably deal with an ankle tattoo or something like that because when you deal with customers people generally do not stare at your feet lol.

I just think that a lot of girls get silly tattoos as well and that doesn't help.

I have no problems with tattoos on guys, unless they are totally ridiculous or meaningless. I just have a different view for girls for some reason.

I agree, there are some chicks out there with hideious tattoo's, and they are the ones giving tattoo's a bad wrap................, like the saying goes..........., everything in moderation!!

#18 BoSsY_CiViC

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

hey girls, here are some (dodgy) pics of my two tatts
the first one i took like two weeks after it was done
and the 2nd one was taken like 2 mins after it was finished..
all opinions??
xoxo

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 drzexa

• Car:moby the white whale and a shitvia

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

I bought myself tatts for my 18th and my 21st. Fortunately I cant see the one I got for my 21st lol, i guess i didnt think it through too much. Unless you find a tattoo that really means something to you, get a piercing, as they can always be taken out. I just got my eyebrow and my tragus done, and am going back for more! However I'd have to say the tragus piercing hurt more than anything else I have had done.
Am deciding on another tattoo too, but I might think a little more wisely before its done in ink!!! :)
Also with your job be careful what and where, my boss is finding it hard to come to terms with my new found piercings, so this might limit your options too, another industry I worked in made me cover my tattoos with band aids if I was not wearing opaque stockings...apparently it might have been offensive to some. lol!!

Wow clairexxx, what an opinion, I guess you dont have any tatts.:) And whats silly in your eyes might not be in the owners. Im a big tattoo/piercing fan, always have been, but that certainly doesnt change who or what I am.

#20 Dori_Garu

• Car:Rb sil80 + R34

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Just dont get one on your foot, the length of your foot.... it fu*king hurts

I love tattoos, ive got a few. I think some can be very poorly done but i think its a very long shot to say they look nasty or inappropriate.

#21 Miss Baby Zilla

• Car:Mk6 Golf GTi

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

Im with megan (clairexx) i will not hire people with face jewellery or visible tattoo's either, but only because the job is mainly interacting with the general public and i dont think it is very becoming.
Personally i love tattoo's, and one day i might decide to get one or two but they will be in places that are covered up day to day and have some meaning.
A friend of mine has her whole back, neck, shoulders, 2 full sleeves, ankles, wrists and behind er ears tattooed, she has had alot of trouble getting employment but recently found work at a jeweller, but she has to wear a white/nude singlet under a thick woven black or white long sleeve shirt with a high collar to make sure they are covered. She also has a series of metal bars through the skin in her neck, piercings in her nose, tongue, ears, top and bottom lip, both nipples with chains joining them, her labia and clit, and also has the metal implants under some of her tattoos to make them appear more 3D. She recently had to remove 90% of her peircings because she found out she is pregnant and the risk of infection from the peircings and implants is too great.

I know ill probably cop some shit for my next comment but please dont get a tattoo on your lower back....Lower back tatt = skank stamp.

Theres a really good tatt thread in the diet, fitness and body building section, some of Markos' tattoos are just amazing, and it really highlights the importance of making sure you go to a reputable tattoo artist.

#22 BoSsY_CiViC

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

View PostMiss Baby Zilla, on Jan 3 2009, 08:58 PM, said:

I know ill probably cop some shit for my next comment but please dont get a tattoo on your lower back....Lower back tatt = skank stamp.

everyone is entitled to an opinion but i have to competely disagree with you Miss Baby Zilla..
depending on what tattoo it is!! i am certainly very far from a skank and my tattoo means a lot to me.. i dont wear short tops and show it off all the time..
if its something *with a sarcastic tone* ever so cool like a playboy bunny, then yes i believe it is a tramp stamp but not everyone who has a tatt on there lower back is a tramp or skank

#23 Cheddar

• Car:Series 2 Stagea

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

I agree with clariexx, tattoos on girls can sometimes look really awful so in my opinion there are only a few places girls can get them where they look nice. Also when it comes to getting a job, even though having a tattoo doesnt make you a bad person, some employers may not like them especially if the job involves dealing with external suppliers/customers. It depends on what you get though. A cute little butterfly (for example) on your wrist would be tolerated more than say a naked man thrusting his pelvis holding a rose in his mouth going all the way down your forearm :lol:

I have 3 and out of all of them the one on my back (sadly yes, it's a tramp stamp :lol:) hurt the most but they are all in spots where you dont see them all the time.

I have one on my wrist which I had deliberately put where my watch band goes so that I can hide it when I need to, one on my foot which is covered by most of my sandals (Dori, which part of your foot is yours on? Mine hardly hurt at all, I barely felt it) and the above mentioned one on my lower back. I had it put there so it wouldnt be overy visible and I'd mever heard of it being called a tramp stamp until well after I got it :lol: oh well.

It's there forever so pick something you know you're going to like but careful, they're addictive and once you get one you'll want more :)

#24 phee

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

I have a few lower back tattoos, I got them before they became "tramp stamps" and they still need finishing off all these years later. I got them put there because they are easily covered up by clothing, and I am not always looking at them so if I was to ever get sick of them it would take a lot longer as I am not looking at it every day.

For my first tattoo I decided what I wanted, in the colour I liked (black, as it doesn't fade as quickly as colour), and they size I wanted and the location of where it was going to be. I kept that idea for 6 - 12 months and I figured that if I changed my mind over any of those details then I shouldn't be getting that tattoo. The next 2 tattoos I didn't wait that long, after getting my first I wanted them as soon as I could afford it. Getting tattoos are addictive!

I'll find the post I did up on mine on that tattoo forum one of the ns.com members made and past it in here.

#25 Sheepy

• Car:92 Nissan Silvia

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

Quality of the tat artist is also something you should consider. Go somewhere that's known for having good artists and a good rep, if you go somewhere crap, you'll definately regret it later.

#26 phee

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

Hey all,

Some might know me from the NS.com forums but if you don't that's probably not a bad thing. I got my first ink when I was 19 (from memory) and it was a dragon done on my lower back. I was pretty much addicted from then on. I got a Crucifix and also Chinese words on my lower back also all representing different personal meanings to me.

The dragon represents wisdom, courage, respect and mystery.

The Crucifix was done because I am Catholic but I have had it tattooed on an angle so it appears to be leaning over, some mistake it for an "X" if they don't look hard enough at it. I have done this to represent that even though I am Catholic and I do "believe" to an extent, I also don't believe everything I hear and it's important to have your own opinions about matters that get personal with you.

The Chinese writing translated into English says "RESPECT YOURSELF", and it's don't just above my ass crack to remind me never to take life too seriously.

They are my tats for now, I have a photo somewhere I'll try and find it and post it in here. As for piercings, I had 3 holes in each ear, my tongue and my belly done, but these days I only have my belly and 2 holes in my ears. I had to take my tongue out for braces. FUN! I have a photo somewhere with a tongue ring but it's SO old I have no idea where it is. I'll have a look.

I don't plan on getting any further piercings as this stage, I spent too much money on my teeth to ruin them again, but as for tats I plan on changing the Crucifix so it is more bold, as originally I had planned on filling it in black. On my small frame I decided it wasn't such a great idea, anyway, so now I am going to get the edging about 1cm thick and I want to retouch the dragon a bit to make him sharper.

My next tat is going to be (if it's not upgrading my olds) my mothers maiden name and dads surname. I'm at a point in my life that I am thinking about having to change my own name but I feel very strongly about my own family and at this stage in time it would feel like I am "leaving" them for another. I feel it would be a good way for me to pay tribute for my family and what they have done for me.

If I get REALLY creative I want to get a moon and a trail for stars going beyond the moon. Mum always tells me she loves me higher than the moon :)

I think that's all for now, anyway... nice to be here!! Hope to get a few more people on here, this forum has the potential to be a really great forum.

Phoebe

Posted Image

http://bookjudges.18...hp?showtopic=26

#27 Kurokishi

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

so jenna, did you decided on something?

curious... hehehe

#28 schmenz

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

I sure did Skye, all booked in at Tattoo Gallery on rundle st, not cheap but its not exactly super small either. Getting numbing cream too cos im a baby!

the plus is that while im waiting for the cream to work there is an AWESOME clothes shop almost next door, so im happy with that.

Will have photos when done.. wont be done for another month though, waiting for my bday to do it!

#29 Kurokishi

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

yea sweet as!

can i ask where you decided to get it on your body?

#30 schmenz

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

its going to be from the back of my leg near my knee and going around to my upper thigh... doesn't make much sense, lol. the girl said its a great spot cos it wont hurt as much, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!