Jump to content


rb26det/tt s15. What does it entail? Casual discussion thread 

rb26 conversion silvia engine swap custom
72 replies to this topic

Poll: RB26dett in the S Chassis??

RB26dett in the S Chassis??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 SK!D

  • Joined:27-December 08
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:s13

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

almost at the end of my engine swap(just need to finish the wiring), rb25det (r33 serries2) into s13, did the swap coz i couldent justify spending the cash on the ca18 and figured id rather rb over sr, entire swap has come in at under $3000.

#62 Dose Pipe Sutututu

  • Joined:19-January 05
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostR32GTRS, on 10 April 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

or a return flow with stock cross over pipe.

Too restrictive for big power, the stock piping it wasn't made for it.

#63 R32GTRS

  • Joined:24-August 09
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostJohnnilicte, on 11 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostR32GTRS, on 10 April 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

or a return flow with stock cross over pipe.

Too restrictive for big power, the stock piping it wasn't made for it.

i believe thats rubbish sorry. its no different really.

#64 Dose Pipe Sutututu

  • Joined:19-January 05
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

have you seen how small it is? not to mention the jagged bends in the piping, anyways I've already put plazmaman piping in my car turbo to come. Aiming for about 350kW on e85

#65 R32GTRS

  • Joined:24-August 09
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

no ive never seen it
i dont really care im just saying the cross over pipe isnt that restrictive

Edited by R32GTRS, 11 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.


#66 blingcommander

  • Joined:05-October 06
  • Location:Japan
  • Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

easy peasy. the one i mentioned made 330rwkw on 98. safeish tune with a 35/40

#67 Dose Pipe Sutututu

  • Joined:19-January 05
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostR32GTRS, on 11 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

no ive never seen it
i dont really care im just saying the cross over pipe isnt that restrictive

well the cross over pipe isn't, but the other pipes that goe to it are. Return flow kits utilise the IC pipes in the engine bay.. anyways not the point of discussion

#68 R32GTRS

  • Joined:24-August 09
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

i never mentioned the other pipes, with a return flow you would obviously fabricate better piping ;)

#69 Dose Pipe Sutututu

  • Joined:19-January 05
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostR32GTRS, on 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

i never mentioned the other pipes, with a return flow you would obviously fabricate better piping Posted Image

or you could get Plazmaman return flow piping from IC to cross over pipe.. but coin.. the swept back Plazmaman kit is heaps cheaper not to mention the piping is shorter

#70 [200]

  • Joined:03-May 05
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

keep saving for a 2j, don't bother with rb shit.

#71 R32GTRS

  • Joined:24-August 09
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

yep. who would bother with them, theyre not even proven.

Edited by R32GTRS, 15 April 2013 - 09:32 PM.


#72 Wizard

  • Joined:09-February 10
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Moneypit

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostR32GTRS, on 15 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

yep. who would bother with them, theyre not even proven.

Lols, the part I like most is that Toyota never/barely (not sure) used the 2JZ in competition... the Super GT/GT500 supra's started off using 4T-GTE's, then moved to 3S-GTE's, until they moved to V8's.

At least Nissan can claim to have ruined international motorsport with RB power.

#73 Vestiphobia

  • Joined:12-July 10
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:S14a

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostWizard, on 16 April 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostR32GTRS, on 15 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

yep. who would bother with them, theyre not even proven.

Lols, the part I like most is that Toyota never/barely (not sure) used the 2JZ in competition... the Super GT/GT500 supra's started off using 4T-GTE's, then moved to 3S-GTE's, until they moved to V8's.

At least Nissan can claim to have ruined international motorsport with RB power.

Hahaha this is the best thing ever said!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!