Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
S14 sr20det in 180sx Running issues - Hardtuned.net

S14 sr20det in 180sx Running issues 

180sx s13 s14 turbo sr20det
2 replies to this topic

#1 steve_o

• Car:180sx

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hey everybody,

I reach out in times of need to the forums. I have recently installed an s14 s1 sr20det into my 180sx. by a stroke of luck and a whole lot of errors i managed to get it all installed on my own.The engine is running, (poorly) but its only some tweaking left i believe. the issue is that cylinder 1 and 4 dont seem to be running. if i unplug the coilpack plug, the engine idle does not change at all, but there is a spark present on each cylinder. ive swapped packs over with each other and all new sparkplugs but the problem remains. ive also done a timing test and it is bang on. I then believed it was the injectors so ive installed a set of s15 injectors and the problem remains. ive tested all injector plugs with a noid light and they are all firing as they should. there are no boost leaks and im running a standard s14 s1 ecu. there is a constant 140+ compression on all cylinders. i have a walbro 255 fuel pump but when i put the old (possibly ca or sr20de) pump on i can hear a slight audible change in engine idle when unplugging cylinder 1 but 4 is still completley useless. the car seems to drive fine other then a whole heap of smoke on hard accelerating and a constant misfire problem. im completly out of ideas and really hope anyone could offer some advice thanks in advance!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: image1.JPG

#2 snowdude_r

• Car:nissan 180sx

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

How's the fuel pressure reg??

#3 steve_o

• Car:180sx

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

View Postsnowdude_r, on 29 July 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

How's the fuel pressure reg??

Well I had the standard fuel rail in and the same problem was present. I swapped over to an s15 rail and injectors so I doubt both regs were faulty but I am leaning towards it being a mixture issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!